Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 09:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Caught completely undisguised on Chennai streets by Bunny Punia.

Isn't this the Mistra ?
Correct me if I am wrong.

Hyundai Mistra in China looks very similar.

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-20160808_131115.jpg
Old 18th August 2016, 10:26   #77
BHPian

Do anyone of you have the link which gives me the bhp output and the torque output of both the petrol and diesel engine cars between 1000rpm and 3000rpm. I drive in this rpm when driving both petrol and diesel cars whether on the highway or city. I have a December 31st 2009 Cruze which I intend to sell and buy this Elantra if the pull in this rpm is half as good as my present Tune-O Tronics tuned 1,70,000km car. Added advantage is that the Hyundai service center is just 200 meters from my place of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Isn't this the Mistra ?
Correct me if I am wrong.

Hyundai Mistra in China looks very similar.

Attachment 1543308
No this is the Elantra. The Mistra is a bigger car and is slightly smaller than the Sonata.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th August 2016 at 10:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 13:58   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Personally I see the Elantra as an elegant, stylish family car. As a 100% city driver and knowing that more than 80% of the buyers are too,......The Octavia is overrated to a degree, yes.
Jetta is due for a change internationally and there are reports that Volkswagen might not launch the new one in India, considering sluggish sales. If that happens, there could be a demand for a "sporty" Hyundai. There are two words I thought Ill never utter in one go
Old 20th August 2016, 14:46   #79
BHPian

Hyundai has started advertising the new Elantra. I have caught the ad a number of times on TV, which says arriving soon. The tail lights look cool in the ad.
Old 20th August 2016, 19:57   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's Upcoming launch - Elantra reaches select dealerships. The top variant SX in Silver color .

Quote:
The new Hyundai Elantra will be offered in two engine options. The 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder Dual VTVT petrol engine will produce 150 PS of max power and 190 Nm @ 4,000 rpm of max torque.
The Elantra will continue to be powered by a 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder, CRDi diesel engine which outputs 126 Ps of power and 265 Nm of torque.
Transmission option includes A 6-speed manual and automatic on both engines.
Quote:
The new Elantra will be offered in five variants: S, SX, SX AT, SX (O), SX (O) AT. The same will be available in both engine options.

The car will features LED tail-lights, LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels, an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, cruise control, dual-zone climate control and electric seats.
The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-newhyundaielantraspottedatdealerfront600x450.jpg

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-newhyundaielantraspottedatdealerdashboard600x450.jpg

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-newhyundaielantraspottedatdealerrearside600x450.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th August 2016 at 19:59.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 20:01   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new Elantra has been spotted at a dealer stockyard.

The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-image.jpeg

Autos Arena (more pics)

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 21:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The all-new Elantra has been spotted at a dealer stockyard.

Autos Arena (more pics)

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app

Honestly the interiors a looking quite boring in this picture. It looks built to a price. The central air vents some how don't look proportionate in this cabin.
The blue to red markings for the climate control looks extremely cheap. The start -stop button now on the wrong side.

Exterior is typical Hyundai. Very elegant and eye catching. The brake lights are vow.
My two cents.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 21:31   #83
BHPian

Unlike the current one, interiors don't look all that inviting :-(
On the plus side, they have retained an all black interior :-)
Old 20th August 2016, 22:30   #84
BHPian

The exteriors are absolutely gorgeous while the interiors are a big step back for hyundai in terms of design.I personally feel Creta has a better looking interiors than elantra.
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:49   #85
BHPian

Brochure leaked prior to new Elantra's launch.

Source: Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh-hyundaielantrabrochureleak6.jpg  

Aston Singh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:42   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post

Seems not a lot has changed apart from 2.5cm increase in width, new set of lamps front and back alongside a sun-roof (all of which are mere cosmetic changes). I really hope the NVH quality (which were already very good in the current version) has gone a notch above like it was mentioned in some of the recent posts. Having been driving a neo fluidic elantra for nearly 2 years now, I have taken such liking to the beige interiors that the new interior is not exciting me. But I like this car so much, I will not say more
Old 22nd August 2016, 21:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

6th-gen Hyundai Elantra caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post

Not much changes in the features list. That's about as much I could read on the photo.

A glaring omission is the side and curtain airbags from the SX(O) manual transmission. So if you need the 6 airbags now on the Elantra, you have to buy the SX(O) automatic. Get prepared to pay big bucks for the additional airbags.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 22nd August 2016 at 21:10.
Old 22nd August 2016, 22:00   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

For a premium sedan which will have a starting price of 15 lakh+ rupees, the number of omissions from the base (S) variant is glaringly outrageous:-

- No rear parking sensors,
- No reversing camera,
- No speed-sensing auto door locks,
- No LED DRLs,
- No chrome door handles,
- Manual (did I read that right?!) AC,
- No telescopic adjustment for steering,
- No AVN system,
- No push button start,
- No electrochromic IRVM (?!).

Even the SX trim misses out on some of these stuff listed above.

You think close to 17.5-18 lakh rupees OTR for a car, that too a Hyundai AND a premium D-segment sedan, would buy you at least most of the contemporary bells and whistles available at that price range, least of all the missing features in the list above.

Never thought I would say about this, but for once I am really, really disappointed by the features offered in a premium D-segment Hyundai. And we all thought they shortchanged everyone by skimping on such stuff for the Creta.

Unless they are targeting a real dynamite of a starting price for the Elantra, I believe that Hyundai has just minimised the chances of the car making a real impact in the segment it will vy in.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2016 at 22:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 22:16   #89
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I believe there are some errors in that brochure, especially regarding some features on the SX(O) manual variant.

While the SX(O) automatic variant is shown to have side & curtain airbags, ventilated front seats, speed sensing auto door lock and an electric sunroof, these are shown as missing on the SX(O) manual.

I, for one, am quite convinced that these are errors. I belive the SX(O) manual and automatic will get the exact same feature list, except for things such as clutch lock & AT shift lock (obviously).

It's not as if the brochure is free of other errors. Another glaring one is the antenna. While all SX & SX(O) variants are shown to get a shark fin antenna, the base S variant gets a glass (printed) antenna. But the brochure lists all variants as having a glass antenna, which I think is an obvious error!

I would be utterly shocked if there were no errors in this first brochure!

Last edited by RSR : 22nd August 2016 at 22:28.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 22:23   #90
BHPian

Very disappointing first impression. Until unless Hyundai places this strictly in the 14 to 18 Lac bracket, I have serious doubts about the Elantra bringing in the numbers. The rumoured Honda City update is around the corner and Corolla already doing pretty well, will continue to do sell after the 2017 update (as showcased in Russia).

Most of the features omiitted from the bottom two variants are present on sedans and hatchbacks in the lower category. Instead of going in for the base variant of Elantra the Honda City is VFM.

I had put on hold my plans to buy the Octavia Diesel Style Plus as the prices didn't seem justified. Was waiting for the Elantra and somehow the leaked brochure has killed the excitement. Now I feel the best buy is the Innova 2.8 Z(AT)!

Last edited by manson : 23rd August 2016 at 13:55. Reason: Use of slang.
dragstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks