Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:32   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
* Fatigue Detection
This is easily doable with a CAN gateway module change. Works on the current generation Superb/Laura L&K.

Quote:
* Tyre Pressure Monitoring system (!! 2012 models have it)
On the previous gen. Superb, is it a direct TPMS system with indications on the maxidot MFD or just a warning symbol on the cluster when the pressure goes down? No clue about the previous models so asking.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
On the previous gen. Superb, is it a direct TPMS system with indications on the maxidot MFD or just a warning symbol on the cluster when the pressure goes down? No clue about the previous models so asking.
It's a warning type with symbol on cluster as well as check tyre pressure warning on maxidot display, which I feel is sufficient and has worked well for me over the years.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:44   #33
BHPian

Does anyone have the earlier superb pricing. I am just keen to know they raised the price by how much with this generation for the 1.8 TSI Automatic.
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:44   #34
BHPian

Quote:

What the 'Style' misses out compared to the 'L&K' -

* A different style of the 17" alloy wheel. Size remains same.
The official leaflet/brochure mentions that the 17" on the L&K is slightly wider (I would say ideal rather) than the wheels for the Style trim, 7 J x 17 and 6.5 J x17 respectively.

Powered passenger seat, TPMS, wave function for boot opening will be missed compared to the L&K trim, otherwise the Style trim is pretty well loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

On the previous gen Superb, it is a warning symbol on the cluster just like the Laura. Recently lit up along with fellow buddies ABS and ESP warning lights when one of the wheel speed sensors failed

Avinash
avinash_clt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
The official leaflet/brochure mentions that the 17" on the L&K is slightly wider (I would say ideal rather) than the wheels for the Style trim, 7 J x 17 and 6.5 J x17 respectively.
Although the wheel diameter (17") and tyre size (215/55 R17) remains the same, is what I meant.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Does anyone have the earlier superb pricing. I am just keen to know they raised the price by how much with this generation for the 1.8 TSI Automatic.
I have Ex Showroom Delhi price list got very recently and it says;

1.8 Elegance MT - 2234004
1.8 Elegance AT - 2402377
2.0 Elegance AT - 2703675

The above prices are for the zeal edition. New prices are only very marginally higher compared to these.

Regards,
VVB

Last edited by vvb8530 : 23rd February 2016 at 19:58.
vvb8530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Penetrative pricing, just like the Endeavour . Seeing well-priced new cars is such a breath of fresh air. Much cheaper than the Camry which is priced at 29.12 lakhs (petrol) and 32.23 lakhs (hybrid).

The new Superb will take away customers even from segments below & above it.

Sucks that Skoda is doing away with a manual in the diesel . A lot of us like our MTs, and it's also the more reliable choice (compared to the DSG).
Very interesting pricing. In my opinion, it had to be, especially in the petrol version, where the benchmark is set by Camry. People swear "by" the Camry, and swear "at" Skoda. The differential had to be enticing enough to get early traction.

It would be interesting to see the early numbers for the first 6-9 months. It should be good, at these prices.
Contrapunto is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The new Superb will take away customers even from segments below & above it.
This reminds me of one of your previous quotes, GTO (regarding 2008 City and Civic). But turned on its head in this case- "Superb offers 50% more car than Octavia (and its comparables) at just 25% of extra cost." It's a no-brainer really.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:16   #39
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh

Brilliant pricing, especially for the petrol Style variant! I won't be surprised if some potential Octavia buyers switch to this.

The base Style variant is so well-loaded, and is identical on safety features with the L&K.

And the car looks brilliant, so well proportioned outside, neat interiors, and that grey shade looks awesome (but keeping up with Skoda's tradition of odd naming convention, it's called Business Grey!!)
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 23:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

One of the 3 highly anticipated car's of 2016 and Skoda have managed to keep the pricing very real and competitive. It's game over for all other car's in this segment and above (no matter how their service is).

Ford also got their pricing right with the Endeavour, hope they can price the Mustang well too.

Feels like 2016 is a great year for Enthusiasts .
Old 23rd February 2016, 23:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

I think the Manual SKoda is going to be hard to ignore. Yes Skoda is notorious for its problems, bad service and what not. But the manual is hardly a problem car. My Jetta is 5 years and its a manual. Yes it has its german car quirks. But not as big as the AT cars.

To me the Manual Skoda is such a tempting option if self driven. That Car space is HUGE. I always like a BOAT on road.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 23:28   #42
BHPian

First of all, I have to give my words of appreciation to BHPian S2 for the awesome coverage and pictures he had clicked. Wonderful pictures and every detail is mentioned crisp buddy. Thumbs up from my side. Regarding the Superb, Skoda has seriously nailed it hard. It has all the right ingredients to make it a sure shot success. Even though it looks like a blown up Octy, it's definitely a luxury sedan that can put an A4 to shame. Larger than an A4 and cheaper than an A3, the Superb is a practical as well an awesome choice. Now get the service right and Skoda has got their formula right.
Aniruthan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 23:55   #43

Though I find it amazing value for money, I feel Bangalore buyers will be circumspect given the 'salesy' experience and false promises you will continue to receive from one of the top Skoda dealers. It is all about taking the money to book it, is what I observed.
Old 24th February 2016, 00:10   #44
BHPian

You got to love the umbrellas. I had seen a British YouTube video a couple years ago where they had mentioned "the famous Skoda umbrellas neatly tucked in". I wondered given our monsoons, why did we get the step motherly treatment?

Seems like another VFM product - easily matches the specs of a car twice its price.
Old 24th February 2016, 00:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Brilliant pricing, especially for the petrol Style variant! I won't be surprised if some potential Octavia buyers switch to this.

The base Style variant is so well-loaded, and is identical on safety features with the L&K.

And the car looks brilliant, so well proportioned outside, neat interiors, and that grey shade looks awesome (but keeping up with Skoda's tradition of odd naming convention, it's called Business Grey!!)
Exactly my thoughts. Did a quick comparison between the top end Ocatavia TSi and Superb Style 1.8 Style, and for a little over 2 lakhs more, you'd get a larger with more swag to go around too. The MT actually makes it better for me and some of the others too I'd imagine, one of the grudges with Octavia's 1.8 monster was the absence of an MT. The feature list otherwise is a give and take story. You give up the sunroof to get 2 more airbags and hill hold. No LSD but a differential lock. Dual zone air-con and reverse camera make an appearance too. This would surely bite into Ocatavia top specs.
Annibaddh is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed