Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 15:44   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh

Amazing rate for Skoda Shield (Rs. 1.25 lakhs to Rs. 1.5 lakhs) which as far as I know is nothing but +2 years extended warranty!

In comparison the old Superb's one was around 25k while the Octavia is around 22k.
Old 4th March 2016, 19:51   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Excise has increased due to budget.

Here are the new prices. The diesel Style edition i booked has gone up by a whopping 1.25 lacs on road!
Isn't the hike proposed in budget to be effective from 1 April 2016? Then why manufactures are in a hurry to increase prices right away?
Old 4th March 2016, 20:15   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Isn't the hike proposed in budget to be effective from 1 April 2016? Then why manufactures are in a hurry to increase prices right away?

Excise duty changes are effective for vehicles manufactured from March 1 onwards. So a vehicle that has been dispatched before March 1 should be unaffected - but vehicles dispatched after that date have to pay the higher taxes.
Old 4th March 2016, 21:31   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Amazing rate for Skoda Shield (Rs. 1.25 lakhs to Rs. 1.5 lakhs) which as far as I know is nothing but +2 years extended warranty!

In comparison the old Superb's one was around 25k while the Octavia is around 22k.
Skoda Shield includes 1st year comprehensive insurance plus 24 * 7 road side assistance plus 2+2 years extended warranty.
sambhav.jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 12:18   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Correct, totally my mistake. It it includes the basic insurance then it's expensive but not unknown for Skoda!
Old 7th March 2016, 12:06   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Apparently there is an availability issue of Superb Diesel & as per the communication which i have received there will be not a single Superb 'delivered' in the month of March.

The reason stated is 'due to high global demand'

The expected delivery of Superb Diesels will be commencing from mid-April onwards.

This is sad ! Why launch a model which you cant deliver

Last edited by karan561 : 7th March 2016 at 12:23.
Old 7th March 2016, 12:31   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Apparently there is an availability issue of Superb Diesel & as per the communication which i have received there will be not a single Superb 'delivered' in the month of March.

The reason stated is 'due to high global demand'

The expected delivery of Superb Diesels will be commencing from mid-April onwards.

This is sad ! Why launch a model which you cant deliver
I just received the same mail too! How stupid of the company to launch the car, take bookings, revise prices and then say no cars available for delivery!!!

Skoda really needs to get its act together. If I didn't love the car so much, I would have surely cancelled.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:31   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I just received the same mail too! How stupid of the company to launch the car, take bookings, revise prices and then say no cars available for delivery!!!

Skoda really needs to get its act together. If I didn't love the car so much, I would have surely cancelled.
It is evident they want to 'dump' the petrols first mainly for the reason that there is ready availability of DQ200 gearboxes & 1.8 TSI engines.
Old 12th March 2016, 14:01   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

The brochure lists four colour options but India also gets the popular RossoBrunello .

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-capture.jpg

Source- Overdrive
Old 12th March 2016, 14:44   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The brochure lists four colour options but India also gets the popular RossoBrunello .

Attachment 1484991

Source- Overdrive
I don't think it's available... I had asked for that colour when I booked mine, but the dealer said only 4 colors available. Maybe they had a mule for the TD teams.
Old 12th March 2016, 16:37   #131
BHPian

I just picked up my 1.8TSI style AT and am thrilled with the car. You can't feel the size and really feels like your driving something much smaller. The cabin is super silent and feels your riding on a cloud. Plan to stretch its legs tmrw a little. I am sure that the performance will not let me down. The Fuel efficiency might be a completely different storey though!!
ABbaby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 16:46   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
I don't think it's available... I had asked for that colour when I booked mine, but the dealer said only 4 colors available. Maybe they had a mule for the TD teams.
My dealer told me the Rosso brunello (Maroon) is also available. Business grey is only in L&K so thats still only 4 colour options for style variant.
Old 13th March 2016, 19:53   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
I just picked up my 1.8TSI style AT and am thrilled with the car. You can't feel the size and really feels like your driving something much smaller. The cabin is super silent and feels your riding on a cloud. Plan to stretch its legs tmrw a little. I am sure that the performance will not let me down. The Fuel efficiency might be a completely different storey though!!
Congrats!
Do put up some pics and initial review points.
Old 13th March 2016, 22:10   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar review of new skoda superb
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-400783.aspx
Old 14th March 2016, 15:13   #135
Senior - BHPian

First Impression

While our Official Review will go live in a few weeks from now, here's what you can expect out of the third-generation B8 Skoda Superb...

Looks

The car is a lot more proportionate and elegantly styled now than ever before. Gone is the limousine-like design (slim and long) and this one is a lot business sedan-like. I must mention, it doesn't have the WOW factor when seen in person, but I can safely say that it is a properly good-looking car and at times can be mistaken for an Audi A6 (which is a compliment). Its LED DRLs, Czech crystal-inspired design theme, alloy wheels, panoramic sunroof etc. all add to the car's aesthetic appeal.

Interiors

It's very European and very premium! The design includes clean lines and a relatively clutter-free layout. I liked the fact that most of the materials that you touch were soft and the overall quality befitted a car of this price. A lot of switchgear is shared between its VAG siblings. Its superb touchscreen requires a special mention (especially because of the touch sensitivity which felt very similar to an expensive smartphone). Too bad navigation isn't part of standard equipment!!! The front seats provide ample support - underthigh, shoulder, lateral, lumbar etc.), but the seat cushioning is slightly on the softer side. I also loved the fact that we get ventilated seats (can be heated too) - perfect for our weather conditions. The rear seat is where the sethjis (bosses) are going to be really comfortable. It literally trumps the 3 German luxury sedans (and I'm not even talking about the 3-Series, C-Class or the A4, which don't stand a chance). Those who are over 6 feet tall, will find their head touching the sloping, soft roof liner. Headroom at the rear is tight. The cavernous boot will swallow all that you throw in it and more.

Drive

I drove the 1.8L TSI - both MT and AT. One word of caution though - if you are going to drive the car yourself and are still buying a Superb, please don't buy this petrol motor because it's not going to return good fuel economy. Don't get me wrong, this is not because it isn't fuel efficient but because it is an absolute delight to drive and sounds particular sexy between 2,000-4,000 RPM, that your heart will refuse to drive with a light foot . On a more serious note, the engine has ample grunt low down the rev range and has an amazing mid range punch to keep you entertained all throughout. The upshifts and downshifts are lightning quick in the DSG version. I found the clutch a wee bit heavy and the gearbox slightly notchy in the MT.

The Superb's ride has the typical European stiffness but seems to have been softened a little. It gets better as the speed is built. At low speeds, bumps and road imperfections do filter into the cabin but it isn't uncomfortable. While crossing tall speed-breakers, you'll hear the front and rear suspension very prominently. Also, after hitting bumps or on a wavy road surface, there is some vertical movement felt. On the flipside, the car handles exceptionally well and never loses its line while being chucked around. Sure, its length and wheelbase do spoil the fun quotient a bit, but the way it changes directions with very little body lean is quite incredible.

Other Points

The Skoda Superb diesel deliveries will begin only after mid-April 2016, pan India. You can get the petrol models much sooner.

Do wait for our detailed Official Review which will answer any further questions you have about the car.

Last edited by S2!!! : 14th March 2016 at 15:15.
S2!!! is offline   (25) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks