Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 17:34   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Drive

I drove the 1.8L TSI - both MT and AT.

So you did not get a chance to drive the diesel?
Old 15th March 2016, 01:20   #137
BHPian

Some pics of my new puppy:

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457984943.123701.jpg

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457984981.539246.jpg

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457985004.954461.jpg

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457985032.520857.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th March 2016 at 09:11. Reason: Spacing.
ABbaby is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 18:39   #138

Re: First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I drove the 1.8L TSI - both MT and AT.
...it is an absolute delight to drive and sounds particular sexy between 2,000-4,000 RPM, that your heart will refuse to drive with a light foot . On a more serious note, the engine has ample grunt low down the rev range and has an amazing mid range punch to keep you entertained all throughout. The upshifts and downshifts are lightning quick in the DSG version. I found the clutch a wee bit heavy and the gearbox slightly notchy in the MT.
Awesome mini-review, S2!!!

I was a bit tentative about the torque for the petrol AT being capped at 250, how likely is it to affect the drive quality? I am not an enthusiast but love to step on it with my 320d and love the fact that there's a lot left even when the car takes off. I am a bit circumspect about the petrol engine on this aspect.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Old 16th March 2016, 09:07   #139
BHPian

Re: First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthewheel View Post
Awesome mini-review, S2!!!

I was a bit tentative about the torque for the petrol AT being capped at 250, how likely is it to affect the drive quality? I am not an enthusiast but love to step on it with my 320d and love the fact that there's a lot left even when the car takes off. I am a bit circumspect about the petrol engine on this aspect.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Having test driven both the new Superb AT petrol and the 320d recently on the same stretch of road, I would say that the 320d has more pull in the mid range. However, the Superb is very close and more sure footed and confident at higher speeds, especially on Indian roads.

This new Superb is very very good and feels like a true state of the art German. Would choose it over the 320d in all aspects unless you are hung up on badge value.
ac-cobra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 12:09   #140
BHPian

Re: 3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh

Just went to the showroom to check out the new Superb, Inquired about the Superb L&K model Diesel, saw the car in flesh and it does not feel any less than a premium barge and infact of we just replaced the Skoda Emblem and replaced with Audi and un suspecting customer would think in the new A6 (slighty exagerated ;-) )

But the revised pricing post budget has not done any wonders to the Superb's pricing, the L&K Diesel is costing around 38 Lakhs on road, a little too steep for me.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:15   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally test drove the Superb for a good amount of time;

The car was 1.8 A/T L&K in business grey colour;

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-fullsizerender-1.jpg

Initial Driving impressions are;

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-fullsizerender.jpg

- Steering is really light and manoeuvrable in traffic conditions.
- The car really camouflages its size when you are driving in traffic conditions or on the highway.
- Parking sensors automatically switch on as an when there is an object close by (Hope this setting can be put off, as i prefer them to go on only when i slot into R)
- The Driving modes did not feel much different in terms of handling (Steering Performance) but yes the engine mapping i could feel more power in Sport mode. Also i forgot to configure the individual customizable setting. Not sure how the car would react then.
- The paddle shifters are a joy to use on the petrol, but in the diesel with less rpm to play with it may not be as much fun.
- Only 250 NM Torque, hence underpowered ? Nope, it feels more thanks to the 180 hp produced by the 1.8 TSI
- Tyres (Hankook Ventus Prime 2) are really bad, the car was wheel spinning to glory in the 1st gear & the tyres chirped when i paddle shifted to 2nd just before the red line. May be the Diesel with more weight upfront will be able to put down the power better.
- The ride quality is really sorted and the car & felt pretty flat even on expansion joints over the flyover, no bounciness at all
- The gearbox is F-A-S-T on upshift and not so fast on downshifts (May be im too harsh as im driving the ZF ?)
- Went over a few speed breakers & the car never scraped (Had 3 people on board including me)
- ORVM's are too small but look really HOT.
- Brakes need a special mention, well done Skoda.

Other observations;
- The spare wheel is a space saver & is one size small (16"er). Worse is that it is Good Year & not Hankook.
- Boot's virtual pedal is too smart, suppose there are 2 people standing behind the boot & one has the key who is standing in tail lamp area & me standing next to that person tried the virtual pedal but it had no response.

3rd-gen Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 22.68 lakh-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 17th March 2016 at 15:45.
karan561 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 20:00   #142
BHPian

It's been a week since I drove out of the showroom. While I think for the most part the superb is really fantastic there are a couple of things that I am not particularly delighted with. One has to do with driving at speeds in excess of 120kmph. The steering feels dull and unresponsive . Especially in a straight line. It doesn't feel weighted. It's a little unsettling. Things improve when you stick it in sports mode, however I wish the steering was more direct.

Another oddity I noticed is that the car when turned on with the start button is fairly noisy! In a few seconds there is complete silence which possibly makes the cranking decibels appear even louder. I have also noticed a faint rattle which I feel is possibly the glass roof or the rear window blinds. However it really is very faint so I don't know for sure.

All cars have their niggles and characteristics so I don't see why the superb should be any different. However what I would like to sign off with is that she is fantastic in almost all areas. I have enjoyed getting behind the wheel every time!
ABbaby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 15:53   #143

Petrol versions are equally facing delivery issues. I booked 1.8 TSI MT Style - Magnetic Brown on 10th March. Even after regular follow ups have not received any date for delivery. Just a verbal communication of some time in April end and that maximum waiting time can be three months.
Old 22nd March 2016, 07:30   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSuman View Post
Petrol versions are equally facing delivery issues. I booked 1.8 TSI MT Style - Magnetic Brown on 10th March. Even after regular follow ups have not received any date for delivery. Just a verbal communication of some time in April end and that maximum waiting time can be three months.
Alok,
What is the on road price offered to you on 1.8 TSI MT Style?
Old 22nd March 2016, 12:28   #145

Hi Nikhil,

Here is the break up. No discounts or anything else offered. I am not good at negotiation so that didn't help.

Net Sale Value 2118220

VAT @ 14.5% 307142

Ex- Showroom Value 2425362

Insurance* 96571

Road Tax & Incdl Charges 499587

Extended Warranty 29285

Drive Asure 26955

Standard Accessory Kit 22301

On Road Price 3100061
AlokSuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 12:11   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
It's been a week since I drove out of the showroom. While I think for the most part the superb is really fantastic there are a couple of things that I am not particularly delighted with. One has to do with driving at speeds in excess of 120kmph. The steering feels dull and unresponsive . Especially in a straight line. It doesn't feel weighted. It's a little unsettling. Things improve when you stick it in sports mode, however I wish the steering was more direct.

Another oddity I noticed is that the car when turned on with the start button is fairly noisy! In a few seconds there is complete silence which possibly makes the cranking decibels appear even louder. I have also noticed a faint rattle which I feel is possibly the glass roof or the rear window blinds. However it really is very faint so I don't know for sure.

All cars have their niggles and characteristics so I don't see why the superb should be any different. However what I would like to sign off with is that she is fantastic in almost all areas. I have enjoyed getting behind the wheel every time!
Hows the drive on average or bad roads? I feel ground clearance at 164mm is really low and will be a problem.
Old 24th March 2016, 12:51   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
Hows the drive on average or bad roads? I feel ground clearance at 164mm is really low and will be a problem.

I have had no problem with ground clearance at all!
Old 26th March 2016, 14:28   #148
BHPian

I heard Diesel kits are coming in only around mid April and deliveries will start from May. Thats a really long wait for a product that was launched in early March.

I don't know if many petrols have been delivered too. I've still to come across one on the roads in Mumbai.
Old 26th March 2016, 20:43   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven't seen any in BLR so far! Even if seen, most people will mistake it for the Octavia :-)
Old 10th April 2016, 15:58   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSuman View Post

What is the booking amount you paid? What about the delivery dates for the 1.8 TSI AT?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks