Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 14:33   #91
BHPian

Mahindra is only raising prices of kuv and rest all revisons from April. Indirectly giving good discount on all other cars.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:57   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda India updates its pricing,

Attachment 1482839

Source: HCIL
So what does effective from March 1 exactly mean? Does it imply that all showroom invoices from march 1 will have the new price or does it only apply to cars manufactured from March 1? Really frustrating that they dont come out with a complete statement clarifying the situation but rather ask to get in touch with the dealer. I checked with the dealer and they are still waiting for an update from Honda. Fingers crossed that they invoice me with the pre hike pricing. The car is in transit currently but they won't share the factory despatch date.
Old 5th March 2016, 16:08   #93
BHPian

I checked with my Honda dealer today and as per them price hike is applicable only for those cars dispatched from the factory after 1st of march. My car was dispatched from Honda factory on 27th and is in transit and I will be getting it on old price only.
Otherwise it would have been extra around 40K ex showroom price plus the proportionate increase in road taxes as well.
Old 5th March 2016, 17:42   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
I checked with my Honda dealer today and as per them price hike is applicable only for those cars dispatched from the factory after 1st of march. My car was dispatched from Honda factory on 27th and is in transit and I will be getting it on old price only.
Otherwise it would have been extra around 40K ex showroom price plus the proportionate increase in road taxes as well.
Thats great for you. Do you have any official written confirmation from your dealer in this regard? My dealer is saying the other way around. I sent an email to honda customer care and they forwarded the query to the dealer. The following is the response from the dealer with honda customer care in CC
Quote:
To have your clarification sorted out, changes to the price has been notified on the 4thof March and the same will be accounted/implemented from Monday the 7th*of March onwards on account of the budget changes.
The initial booking amount paid is for the allotment of the vehicle and any changes what so ever is brought about on invoicing. As your vehicle is still in transit and not made physical yet it will be applicable for you.
Though the increase is only 1% in my case, it still will be good to save whatever possible.
Old 5th March 2016, 22:57   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Budget 2016 & Indian Cars: All you need to know

Had visited Mahindra, Skoda, Toyota and Hyundai Showrooms today as part of TD's for a friend. Everyone has increased prices and have the updated price sheets. Only Mahindra said that they will implement new prices from April 1. (Apart from KUV100).

In case anyone is interested, here is the Hyundai Updated price list for Bangalore/Karnataka.

Budget 2016 & Indian Cars: All you need to know-price3.jpg

Budget 2016 & Indian Cars: All you need to know-price2.jpg

Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 23:37   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Thats great for you. Do you have any official written confirmation from your dealer in this regard? My dealer is saying the other way around. I sent an email to honda customer care and they forwarded the query to the dealer. The following is the response from the dealer with honda customer care in CC

Though the increase is only 1% in my case, it still will be good to save whatever possible.
No, I do not have any written communication from the dealer on this regard. As per them, my car was already invoiced last week, so the old rates are applicable.

Below is from the news article from TOI today, which might be helpful for you to take the case further with dealer.

Quote:
The new infra cess has created confusion among automobile companies about whether the vehicles manufactured on or before February 29 will attract the cess. Tax experts and automobile industry body SIAM, aver that the cess will be levied only on vehicles made after February 29, the day the new duty was announced. This means old stock in car factories will not attract the infra cess.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...05032016018024
Makin Rulesz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 01:02   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Your location shows as Seattle , are you coming back or need for your family,
So if it has to be an XUV , better pick right away at pre-budget prices
The car is for my family back in India(Hyderabad). Innova is under powered and doesn't seem to be VFM at all. I do have a cap of 15-16L maximum & W6 fits my requirements perfectly. Heart is saying to wait for HEXA which has extra power and torque with more space. Mind says to pick up XUV before the price rise. I'm caught in a catch-22 situation. Our Maruti Omni is serving us well since the past 7 years, so I'm not in a hurry at all.

How much discounts can I expect during the festive season like Dussherra / Diwali and also during the year end ?
Old 6th March 2016, 01:12   #98
BHPian

Today I did get a message from Anant Cars, Bangalore stating: " Beat the price hike. Buy your favorite Mahindra at Pre budget price before 10th March "

So that indeed confirms that Mahindra is increasing price for all their models.
Old 6th March 2016, 01:17   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Though the increase is only 1% in my case, it still will be good to save whatever possible.
You can respond back to them stating that the price rise is applicable only for vehicles invoiced later than 29 Feb. If you see the mail from dealer, they have clearly avoided the finer details of the budget and have brought in Mar 03 / 07 etc to create more confusion. I just don't understand why they have brought all those points unless they want to confuse with some "seemingly" hi-funda statements.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 09:59   #100
BHPian

Mahindra Hikes Prices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageera View Post
Today I did get a message from Anant Cars, Bangalore stating: " Beat the price hike. Buy your favorite Mahindra at Pre budget price before 10th March "

So that indeed confirms that Mahindra is increasing price for all their models.
Not completely true. I talked to area sales manager at Mahindra today and what they have done is:
1. Ex-Showroom Price hiked to the new values from 1 March (can be seen on their website)
2. Registration, Insurance, etc all calculated on this new value of ex-showroom to come to new on-road price
3. Mahindra gives a cash discount of the difference between new and old ex-showroom price
4. BUT the regular cash discount canceled for this month

This means that for my S4+, the new hiked on-road price is applicable but I get a discount of 26K instead of regular 20K.
The more-expensive cars get a bigger advantage - so for example the top variant XUV gets a discount of 50k instead of the regular 15k!

Mahindra will stop this charade from next month and go back to regular cash discounts.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 11:50   #101
BHPian

Quote:
No, I do not have any written communication from the dealer on this regard. As per them, my car was already invoiced last week, so the old rates are applicable.

Below is from the news article from TOI today, which might be helpful for you to take the case further with dealer.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...05032016018024
Thanks for the link to the article. When you say invoiced, do you mean that you have paid the full amount and a bill from the showroom has already been generated in your name? In my case, I have only paid a booking amount and no actual invoice has been done in my name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You can respond back to them stating that the price rise is applicable only for vehicles invoiced later than 29 Feb. If you see the mail from dealer, they have clearly avoided the finer details of the budget and have brought in Mar 03 / 07 etc to create more confusion. I just don't understand why they have brought all those points unless they want to confuse with some "seemingly" hi-funda statements.
Yes, again the key seems to be the invoicing here. I am sure the Vehicle was manufactured before Feb 29th but actual invoicing has not been done as I told the dealer that I will pay the amount only after physical verification once the car is in the yard.
Old 12th March 2016, 09:34   #102
Team-BHP Support

Looks BMW has played safe at least for the time being, they have continued with launch prices for 7 series and even on other there's hardly any increase.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bmw.pdf (74.3 KB, 245 views)
Old 15th March 2016, 11:05   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link to the article. When you say invoiced, do you mean that you have paid the full amount and a bill from the showroom has already been generated in your name? In my case, I have only paid a booking amount and no actual invoice has been done in my name.
Sorry for the late reply.
May be, my case is different than yours, so can not compare exactly.
I am buying through the lease and ORIX had released the PO long back and based on that dealer had invoiced my car.
Anyway I am getting the car delivered tomorrow
Makin Rulesz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:55   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply.
May be, my case is different than yours, so can not compare exactly.
I am buying through the lease and ORIX had released the PO long back and based on that dealer had invoiced my car.
Anyway I am getting the car delivered tomorrow
Well, thanks to the TOI link you shared, I was able to get the car invoiced at pre-budget rates.

I had emailed the dealership the links you shared with the Honda customer care in CC and the showroom manger called me within half a day to tell me that they noted the email and that they will get it invoiced at older rates.

I had to pay the full amount paid and get it invoiced before I could see the car physically. I did the PDI yesterday and overall it looks good. I am expecting delivery of the car in the next couple of days too!

Last edited by praveen_v : 15th March 2016 at 13:57.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 18:45   #105
BHPian

Does BHP have influence on car price in India?

Most cars sold in India seem to have lower BHP than those models sold abroad. I wonder if the BHP of a car influences its taxes, leading to price consideration?

Most Viewed