Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2016, 12:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto - 30 lakh sales up!

Undoubtedly, it is the National Car of India though I personally like Swift to be in that place. [ Personal Cognitive Bias]
I still wonder how Maruti manages to keep it up the chart after a decade and half of its release and after every other AutoGiant eyed the Indian market in this segment.

Kudos to the service of the Maruti . This is the game-changing difference between MSIL and other companies and still do not understand when other companies will learn this truth.

The Simplicity and bulletproof reliability of the Engine and pocket-friendly Servicing costs are an absolute boon to the 90pc Indian Customers and this is exactly what MSIL Alto caters to .

But at the end of the day, will I advise a friendly neighbor to buy Alto for Highway/long distance Rides !?

Err...NO NO NO !

Given its fragility of the body, I vehemently urge that this car be used only in city limits at low speeds and only then, any talk of safety might look reasonable...

Last edited by poised2drive : 6th March 2016 at 12:35.
Old 25th March 2016, 11:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The automobile brand is commemorating the sale of 30 lakh cars in India

Old 26th March 2016, 06:17   #18
BHPian

Makes me smile, this cute little car Alto. I crossed 50K on my Alto just yesterday. It is a 2011 Lxi variant. I have driven this car to Chennai (4x), Abur (3x), Sandur (2x), Tirupathi (2x), Mantralayam (2x), and once each to Sonda, Mulabagal, Madekeri, Mysore, Chikkamagalur, Dharmasthala, Kolhapur, Mahabaleshwar, Poona, Ellora, Aurangabad, Parli Vaijanath, Tuljapur, Pandharpur, Solapur, Malkhed, and Ballari. The longest of the journey covering multiple names on the list here happened in 2014 when I covered a stretch of 3000 kms over a period of 5 days.

Though somebody said earlier that it is not suitable for highways, if one is passionate about driving, and careful too, Alto can be taken for long journeys too. Besides, I don't get expensive cars, 5L+ is still a huge money for many, and when I drive sensibly, the car capacity does not matter. I have taken my Nano to Tirupathi and it takes me well and safe all the same. Also, when your Guru is Dilip Bam who can drive a Kinetic Honda DX/ZX from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, it is clear that the driver is more important than the bike/car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks