Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

mahindra seems to be doing a bajaj in this crossover segment , and launching model after model (quanto, quanto facelift, tuv300, Kuv100) All it needs now is a verito vibe crossover edition with lifted suspension and plastic cladding

While maruti does this in the small hatch segment, they have the volumes to sustain the fragmentation - can mahindra manage? apart from the price points, the propositon for each of these products is not really that well defined, and I'm afraid that if they can't get growth soon , they'll have to start rationalizing, which would end up slapping the "failed product" tag on the ones which don't survive, and end up hampering mahindra's efforts overall in this segment
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Front would have looked good minus that weird eye brow. Reminds me of very popular image on social media -

Name:  nuvo.png
Views: 10878
Size:  217.2 KB Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-seeing_double.jpg

In fact, I like this face more than the TUV's (if that eyebrow was removed!).

The sides are all messed up though, just like the Quanto.

At the back, they have managed to hide the bulk somewhat, and the spare breaks the monotony to a great deal. Mahindra seems to be going all guns blazing in the UV/SUV segment.
Dry Ice is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:12   #18
BHPian

These are a few cars that we would not know why Mahindra is selling, but the fact is Mahindra may still find some numbers on sales.

Though it looks like copied design elements from Ecosport and other cars, I think in comparison to its earlier avatar, this has come out well. And we already had an overload of cars with "OO"s.

One thing they could have done is reducing the tall stance. It looks almost alike KUV1OO which has an ugly side profile.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra, please Launch this with the 2.2 mHawk and the 4wd drivetrain as you have on some export variants.
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That unfortunately is true. And I don't know why anyone would want this over the TUV.

Attachment 1482282
This looks much cleaner than a TUV! (except for the TUV displayed at the autoexpo)
but the side profile reminded me of country's first compact crossover 'Premier Rio'!
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!

IS it the reality ? Mahindra is not using the "o" to end the car name?

Verit"o"
TUV 3o"o"
Xyl"o"
XuV 5o"o"
Quant"o"
KUV 1o"o"

The only car without the "o" was the Vibe in recent times.

Anyways, from the looks of the "ugly duckling" m&M to their credit atleast tried to do something here.

Not that it shows, especially the unnecessary eyebrows above the eyes in front.

This car was doomed with the poor GC and proportions.
That stays as earlier.

Dont expect too many of these to fly off the shelf. AM expecting discounts within 45 days from the launch!!
Old 3rd March 2016, 14:05   #22
BHPian

Looks like more of a Eco sport spoof...
The proportions would have been slightly better had they reduced the height of this contraption.
Anyways this will just tick the 'We tried' box in some central register at MM.
My take on reducing the height and since they copied a Ford the most, added the tail light from a Ford SUV.
Attached Images

Last edited by AJITHAAA : 3rd March 2016 at 14:13.
AJITHAAA is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:10   #23
BHPian

Looks like they have still not addressed the basic comfort issue.
The rear bench is still too upright because of the last row side mounted seats.
Why Mahindra?
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:17   #24
BHPian

I hate to lighten the mood here but is Mahindra serious with the design of this car ? Looks are subjective but looking at this car does remind me of a Budgett's frog for some reason. All new cars from the Mahindra stable look really bad - (apologies to any members who like the design, just my opinion) The new Scorpio, the TUV, the KUV and now the Novo. None of these cars looks tastefully designed in my humble opinion. The older scorpio looked much better too ! It's hard for me to imagine that Mahindra owns Pininfarina. A Budgett's frog for reference -

Last edited by RocketRaccoon : 3rd March 2016 at 15:28.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:18   #25
BHPian

Wasn't Quanto launched before EcoSport? I think so. Anyways it doesn't remind me of EcoSport at all.
But first, I want to congratulate Mahindra for what they have done to the front. It really looks butch and muscular. They have not tried to copy it from just another international hit design but have come up with their own design. Will have to see this in fleah to really comment on how it looks overall, from these pics it definitely looks good.
I really appreciate what Mahindra is doing, I just see no reason why it can't stand beside a TUV300 with that face, and it can defiantly produce sales for Mahindra. I just hope they will do that to Xylo as well.
Agreed to the petrol engine part that it might not have enough power to pull this UV, but hey they have been testing it for a long time now so I won't comment on it until I see the Team-BHP review for this new Quanto called NuvoSport (nice name btw for a change)
Well Mahindra is trying to give us really good products that are value for money too, they are experimenting maybe a little too much with their designs but then no one can overlook what XUV did right? It is good to see an Indian manufacturer coming up with its own design language(however loud it maybe) and giving us products like XUV, Scorpio, Bolero, etc which have proved their metal in the market and needs no second opinion.
Well done Mahindra.
wrongturn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Its because of these kind of cut-price designs that I have decided to donate my eyes (rather after my time).

Mahindra acquired Pininfarina, for what joy? I don't understand. Or may be they have not taken the help of Italian designers. In any case it looks like a lost cause.

pssst!!! hey Mahindra design team - there was no need to do such heavy modification on front end (atleast it used to resemble xylo), the eye sore (atleast for me) was the side profile (height) and complete rear end (rather it looked like rear-ended). Sigh!! When will you talk to the team who designed Aero concept. Go schedule a meeting please.
raghu.bramha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:53   #27
BHPian

Front and rear looks good. Wheels also look proportional. Quanto was a good product except the looks, which is being addressed (a bit) now.

I hope it retains 100ps power and should use the new hydroform chassis.

I think that the name doesn't end with an O so that they can later blame its failure on the name
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Why are Mahindra wasting their efforts on a dead horse?

They have two new cars under 4m- the TUV 300 and the KUV 100 which seem to be doing well for them. I see no sense in reviving this failure. And they must be adding a turbo to that petrol right? Else, it's going to only overtake bullock carts.

What they should be concentrating on is an all new premium MPV (innova rivalling) and the next gen XUV 500.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:53   #29

What Mahindra have not realized is that they will never be able to get through with this model. This is a design flaw, what it looks like now is a cross breed of TUV,KUV and XUV. Mahindra really does know how to use excess leftovers

Probably, they could have renamed it as 'Quantico' fits in well with 0 and got priyanka to endorse
tuhin11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
This looks much cleaner than a TUV! (except for the TUV displayed at the autoexpo)
Really? Or did you mean to say KUV? That one is horrendous.

TUV is one of the cleanest designs M&M has done in the recent past. The front end is a little bulky, but other than that it looks much better than most vehicles in their showroom now.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks