Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2016, 18:26   #76
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Have to agree with GTO here. It is definitely a decent effort from Mahindra, in trying to turn their ugliest duckling into a swan, but the proportions of this vehicle are wrong, and they haven't changed that, instead just tried to camouflage it better. The sales charts will tell the story of their success, so lets wait and watch .

Slightly OT: I find almost all Mahindra vehicles quirky looking in some way, but their sales are still good, so it looks like a majority of the public don't find them offensive, which is probably what encourages them to keep designing them like that.
i found the TUV looking awful when i saw the pictures , but the first time i saw it at the showroom , i had to completely change my mind and wondering when to get it
Old 24th March 2016, 18:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Looks a lot better than the Quanto but I wouldnt term it good looking.

Seems the KUV theme is applied here, atleast in the front.

However, one needs to look it in metal to arrive at an opinion.
Old 24th March 2016, 20:05   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw two units today. Unloaded on Tumkur Road, just before NICE road junction. They were being taken to the stock yard. These were not the camouflaged ones, but will be going to the showrooms.
Old 24th March 2016, 23:13   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
i found the TUV looking awful when i saw the pictures , but the first time i saw it at the showroom , i had to completely change my mind and wondering when to get it
Sir, I do not wish to start an argument, as looks are completely subjective, and each person's tastes differ, but please do note the use of the word "Almost" in my previous post .
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 00:57   #80

The F.A.Qs section in the mahindra website mentions that this will be placed between the TUV300 and the Scorpio. this does raise some apprehensions about pricing, and does this mean that we will get to see a new mFalcon??

http://http://www.mahindranuvosport.com/faqs.aspx
Old 25th March 2016, 02:08   #81
BHPian

Well maybe something is wrong with me I just don't find any car ugly to look at, now a lot of fellow members are against its looks so out of curiosity I tried to Google the ugly cars around the world, and well some even had Dacia Duster listed as one of the ugliest car. So as we say looks are subjective and the beauty lies in the eyes of beholder, I still would consider only some of the cars featured in our weird & wacky thread to be ugly.
But here are some cars that are considered to be ugly around the world, and the reason why I am posting just them here is because they have the similar eyebrow kind of headlight cluster design as Nuvosport. Cars are,
- Jeep Cherokee.
- Pointac Aztek
- Citroen C4 Cactus
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-images-37.jpg  

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-images-38.jpg  

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-images-41.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 06:37   #82
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is a good utility vehicle from M&M in my opinion.
There is most certainly a market for a workhorse of this kind which comes at a lesser price than the Scorpio.
Im sure this vehicle will dent the sales of silly versions like that Hyundai Elite Active and Toyota Etios Cross and so on...
Suddenly the roads will be full of Quasi SUV's for sure.

I think that M&M should focus on giving options with 4x4, so that some serious customers can atleast consider that option. Full marks to M&M on the AMT and Safety Kit revolution though!

Then, as always, it will become super fashionable to have a car instead and then the whole pendulum will swing back!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 21:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

I don't know where this is going to end. First, Mahindra wanted to take on the Innova and brought out the Xylo. The Xylo failed. They wanted to salvage something atleast out of the product and came up with the Quanto. The Quanto too failed, now they have the NuvoSport replacing the Quanto. It might attract a few KUV customers but definitely not the TUV buyers

Having said that, Mahindra deserves a pat on the back for improving the looks of the Quanto and for not calling it Canto

If they really want to set the cat amongst the pigeons, they should price this lower than KUV. Yes, that's right, lower than the KUV

They still have not addressed the height issue. Getting into this is going to be difficult for the elderly and that defeats the very purpose of a large family car

Last edited by TheARUN : 25th March 2016 at 21:34. Reason: Grammar
Old 26th March 2016, 17:17   #84
BHPian

The best thing about Nuvosport is its name. It sounds like a proper vehicle name rather than TUV, KUV etc. Which appeared to be a sheer lack of creative marketeters.

The vehicle looks better from front. Side and rear profile is also not bad with the monotony broken with black cladding. Is it sufficient to differentiate it from Quanto and convince people to buy? I think not, esp when customer have huge choice in the segment.

What I fail to understand is when Mahindra was spending so much on front profile and platform, why couldn't they spend on interiors and rear? Why couldnt they offer 5 seater version with 7 seater as acxessory (Duster has this optikn).These things would have made it a different vehicle than Quanto and hopefully people would have given it a fair chance rather than dismissing it as yet another Quanto.

In my mind it's going to be successful if priced correctly. Which is about the same price as bolero I.e. roughly 50 k cheaper than both TUV and Brezza. I had said this when Quanto was launched that mahindra has overpriced it and is not passing the savings in production and taxes to end user. End user will lap it up when they see it as value for money. And that economy of scale will drive the profit. However it seems mahindra disagree with me here
Old 28th March 2016, 13:44   #85
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra has confirmed that it will launch the NuvoSport on April 4, 2016.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 13:57   #86
Senior - BHPian

The rear end just spoils the game for NuvoSport, royally that too. The front looks butch and would have suited say a Xylo more than Quanto. It's just not going to work according to me. Mahindra should really remember this phrase for their own sake, it goes like.
"When in a hole, stop digging"
Old 28th March 2016, 14:31   #87
BHPian

I kind of liked the Nuvosport. looks good with cladding, clear lens rear tail lamps and exactly what the Quanto should have been when launched. And comparisons with the Citroen Cactus is not a bad thing either. It was awarded the best looking car in 2015!!!
Old 28th March 2016, 14:42   #88
BHPian

Consumers have so many choices in the compact SUV segment. The Ecosport after the price cut looks really good value for money. Vitara Brezza is solid and capable in every department and comes with Maruti After sales and support. The problem mahinda have is that even if the rehashed Quanto is a decent product in it's own right, the competition is so fierce that it is going to struggle to make an impact in my opinion.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 20:55   #89
BHPian

Nuvosport will be continuing with the same unit powering the Quanto. A 1.5L 3-cylinder diesel engine capable of 74.6 kw (100 BHP) and 240 Nm of torque.

4 variants: N4, N4+, N6 and N8

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-0001.jpg
Senna4Ever is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 21:51   #90
BHPian

The NuvoSport microsite is being updated on regular basis. The 'FAQ' section, which SDtourque had mentioned, is now not available. Seems that Mahindra is not sure what to hide n what to reveal

By the way, it seems they are promoting this car as Adventure SUV & have come up with a Bucket list contest.
The questions being asked are quite interesting. It seems Mahindra will price and position the vehicle based on contest results! On top of it, they have also asked 'why NuvoSport is suitable name for this SUV'.
Come on Mahindra, do you need help for such things or are you doing what Tata did for renaming Zica?
The link is as follows, have a look.
http://www.mahindranuvosport.com/contest/default.aspx#

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks