Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 23:12   #91
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

so from that link and the questions , its definitely getting priced above the TUV 300 and no petrol variants?
Old 29th March 2016, 03:04   #92

In my perspective, the only flaws that the quanto had were ride, handling and looks.
looks- pretty nice i must say , better than kuv for sure, but a bit confused between TUV and this as the looks cater to people with different mindsets.This car will be hard to bully others with imposing looks like the TUV but it will be quite nice for the car like suv lover eg. ecosport brezza.

handling and ride- this surely has to be an improvement as M&M have confirmed the new scorpio chassis which drives like a charm eg. new scorpio and TUV .

we only have to see on 4th the Interiors (the spy white pics are horrendous), and the drive train, i think mahindra might reveal the 1.5 ltr mFalcon not the mHawk80 as was teased during the KUV launch
Old 29th March 2016, 22:53   #93
BHPian

On a side note, NDTV's Car & Bike show publishes news report of Team BHP's scoop about the Nuvo Sport and acknowledges Team BHP as the source. Good job by the BHPians, who gave us all the news first.

http://m.carandbike.com/news/mahindr...leaked-1291731
jessie007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 11:01   #94
BHPian

Nuvosport will be offered in 6 variants

N4, N4+, N6, N6 AMT, N8, N8 AMT

It'll be powered by a 1.5-litre three-cylinder mHawk diesel engine offering two drive modes – Power and Economy – with varying outputs. The engine will be paired with a five-speed manual gearbox with the option of an AMT gearbox.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ts-401039.aspx
Old 30th March 2016, 13:29   #95
BHPian

So we figured out the engine, transmission and partially interiors too. Only pricing is left, which we have some direction thanks to their contest stating it will be priced over TUV300. (The increased compared to TUV is another clue). Basically, the structure will be like this:

TUV300: 7.4-9.7 lakhs ( avg. ex-showroom)
Nuvosport: 7.9 - 10.2 lakhs
Space for new model: proposed / rumoured TUV 500 ( is still pending!)
Scorpio: 9.9 - 15.1 lakhs ( not considering the non MHawk engines)

Pretty confusing but I feel they are trying to plug as many gaps as possible and following Maruti scheme of things with their SUV range ( similar to Swift / Ritz). It may be successful but there is too much similarity between the TUV/ Nuvosport, so a lot of cannabilzation of each other's sales is bound to happen.
Old 30th March 2016, 14:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Voice View Post
The NuvoSport microsite is being updated on regular basis. The 'FAQ' section, which SDtourque had mentioned, is now not available. Seems that Mahindra is not sure what to hide n what to reveal

By the way, it seems they are promoting this car as Adventure SUV & have come up with a Bucket list contest.
The questions being asked are quite interesting. It seems Mahindra will price and position the vehicle based on contest results! On top of it, they have also asked 'why NuvoSport is suitable name for this SUV'.
Come on Mahindra, do you need help for such things or are you doing what Tata did for renaming Zica?
The link is as follows, have a look.
http://www.mahindranuvosport.com/contest/default.aspx#
It doesn't look like it will be positioned below TUV 300, from the bucket list contest questions it is safe to assume that it will be positioned above TUV 300 in terms of pricing. It will have a more powerful engine than the TUV 300 that is clear now, 4x4 will be offered I assume as they are definitely promoting this as a Sports SUV. Nuvosport will be completely different from TUV & not just in looks, a very good move IMHO by Mahindra. Customers will have to consider Nuvosport for more power (and probably 4x4) instead of just going for TUV over it. Will it eat into TUV's share of sales? Only time will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-img_20160330_134323.jpg  

Old 30th March 2016, 21:53   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I just saw this as a banner ad. On clicking it I got to see some views of the Nuvo Sport.

Frankly the Front 3 Quarter view looks nicest as of this moment.

The rear 3 quarter looks exactly like the present Quanto in my book!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-screenshot-20160330-21.49.00.png  

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-screenshot-20160330-21.48.49.png  

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-screenshot-20160330-21.48.52.png  

Old 31st March 2016, 07:03   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Consumers have so many choices in the compact SUV segment. The Ecosport after the price cut looks really good value for money. Vitara Brezza is solid and capable in every department and comes with Maruti After sales and support. The problem mahinda have is that even if the rehashed Quanto is a decent product in it's own right, the competition is so fierce that it is going to struggle to make an impact in my opinion.
it is the only one with RWD and a super-durable body-on-chassis structure - that should keep some aspiring off-roaders coming to the show-rooms! Now if M&M would add the 4WD option to the AMT that's supposedly in the pipeline....

Last edited by shashanka : 31st March 2016 at 07:04. Reason: composition
Old 31st March 2016, 10:09   #99
Team-BHP Support

I as a customer would be confused as to what to buy between the TUV and the NuvoSport. I don't think there are many differences either.

M&M should have stuck to just one model [either TUV or this] and improved it further.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 13:41   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I as a customer would be confused as to what to buy between the TUV and the NuvoSport. I don't think there are many differences either.
M&M should have stuck to just one model [either TUV or this] and improved it further.
I agree as far as the choice between the two, in their current avatars (only RWD) is concerned - but if AWD/4WD were to be offered on the NuvoSport, as is being discussed, then the choice would be a bit clearer. On the other hand, if the TUV too were to be offered with this option (AWD/4WD) then I guess the TUV would be a clear favourite!
Old 4th April 2016, 11:41   #101

With the launch webcast beginning in an hour. Hasn't this thread gotten a bit too silent?
Old 4th April 2016, 12:18   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmitJobs View Post
With the launch webcast beginning in an hour. Hasn't this thread gotten a bit too silent?
I guess everyone has already expressed their views & comment only after the details are out in webcast.
Also I feel that this is not a eagerly awaited launch like Brezza.
Let's wait n watch.
Old 4th April 2016, 12:31   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmitJobs View Post
Yes, I agree. But that shows how uninspiring the Quanto is! In case of Nuvosport, only the front is likeable. Everything else looks exactly the same as the nasty-looking Quanto except the colour scheme and the new hydro-formed chassis as Scorpio. God save NuvoSport.

Hey Mahindra, get rid off the Xylo and Logan based products to make your lineup more "approachable" in terms of looks. Concentrate on the Scorpio and TUV-based themes.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 4th April 2016 at 12:35.
Old 4th April 2016, 12:34   #104
BHPian

2nd row recliner seats. 3rd row continue to be jump seats..
6 colors same as TUV.
Price start from 735000. Ex Showroom Thane

Last edited by Inner Voice : 4th April 2016 at 12:39. Reason: Update
Old 4th April 2016, 12:39   #105
Senior - BHPian

Prices start at 7.35 Lacs, ex-showroom in Thane.

Not at all good pricing. No idea why someone would buy this over the TUV, from the Mahindra stable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks