Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:22   #1
BHPian

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

The Mahindra Nuvosport will be launched in the third week of March 2016. Expect the prices to lie between Rs 5.5-lakh to 8.5-lakh

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-nuvosport21.jpg

Under the hood is a new petrol engine – the 1.2-litre mHawk 100. It will come with the option of a 5-speed manual or an automated manual transmission. The diesel will continue to use the current 1.5-litre oil burner.

Source: http://overdrive.in/news/spied-mahin...pdated-quanto/

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2016 at 10:54. Reason: 2nd pic
timuseravan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
The Mahindra Nuvosport will be launched in the third week of March 2016. Expect the prices to lie between Rs 5.5-lakh to 8.5-lakh

Under the hood is a new petrol engine – the 1.2-litre mHawk 100. It will come with the option of a 5-speed manual or an automated manual transmission. The diesel will continue to use the current 1.5-litre oil burner.

Source: http://overdrive.in/news/spied-mahin...pdated-quanto/
Thanks for sharing.

Where is the "O" at the end of the name? Mahindra might actually name it NOVO and keep 'sport' as a tagline of sort.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 3rd March 2016 at 09:42. Reason: Removed image from the quote
mrbaddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

So Mahindras are still flogging the Quanto to give it some life. Not only they have copied many front design elements such as the grill and the headlight console from the EcoSport, even the name suggests that it too seems to be a take on the EcoSport!

The front seems to have been redone with some heavy modifications in terms of the bonnet, guard and lighting changes, the main question is how does it look from the back. Earlier one was one of the ugliest back which was literally a chopped off Xylo

Edit - Just saw the spy pics for the rear and it does not seem to have changed much again and yes they may name it Nuvo (oo) with a Sport as a trim name to go with their Corporate naming convention ending with 'O'

Last edited by girishglg : 3rd March 2016 at 09:53.
girishglg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:04   #4
BHPian

I feel have not learned anything from the earlier debacles. They should have reduced the height of this contraption. There is no need for extra headroom and also look at ways of reducing the weight.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:43   #5
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

Nuvosport? Reminds me of proxy candidates during elections. Trying to steal sales from party candidates by having independent candidates with similar names.

Mahindra should be ashamed that they are so shamelessly aping the Ecosport that it goes up against.

Edit- A friend and BHP'ian just reacted that he is surprised it was not named NUV 2OO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd March 2016 at 10:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:46   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Must say, this is a decent effort. It's among the best on what was an ugly duckling. I like the front & rear, but will save my final opinion for when I actually see it in person. The proportions of the Quanto's body are all wrong and this facelift isn't going to change that. Still, a very good attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
new petrol engine – the 1.2-litre mHawk 100.
A 1.2L petrol in a 1,600 kilo car . That kerb weight is almost equivalent to two Maruti Swifts! Unless it's a direct-injection turbo (which I doubt), neither will the petrol be quick nor will it be efficient.

On the other hand, the Quanto's 1.5L diesel is torquey, efficient & acceptably refined.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:58   #7
BHPian

I still do not see the reason for this and the TUV 300 to co-exist. They are the most direct competition to each other and will certainly cannibalise sales of each other. Cannibalisation can be good if the combined market share exceed the market share of having just one of the two products instead. I do not see that being the case here. But them maybe Mahindra has spotted something I have not!

Unlike most people on this forum, I did not really have a problem with the Quanto's rear. I thought it was quirky but cute. What I found terrible was the dashboard design. Hope they have updated that. The TUV 300's dash looks a few generations ahead.

However that being said, the front of the Nuvo sport does look nice. and very Ecosport-ish which is no bad thing.

Last edited by Strangerintown : 3rd March 2016 at 11:01.
Strangerintown is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The proportions of the Quanto's body are all wrong and this facelift isn't going to change that.
That unfortunately is true. And I don't know why anyone would want this over the TUV.

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-nuvosport11.jpg

Mahindra is going the MSIL way and flooding the 4 meter UV segment.

Edit: Some more pics.

Its true. The name doesn't end with an 'O'. Why did M&M leave out such an important part of the puzzle for this vehicle? I am curious!
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-nuvosport8.jpg

A Diesel AMT. M&M variant names are very confusing indeed. They keep it different for different vehicles. The sales team must be going nuts.
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-nuvosport4.jpg

Good space at the middle.
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-nuvosport10.jpg

You honestly wouldn't want anyone to sit there.
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-nuvosport1.jpg

Source

Last edited by deetjohn : 3rd March 2016 at 11:14.
deetjohn is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:00   #9
BHPian

I do not know what's wrong with me, but I love this new front. It looks decent and SUVish. But then, how proportionate it will look and gel with the rear is what time will tell. After the KUV, I am scared of Mahindra's designers.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2016 at 20:31. Reason: Typos
richie4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

heard of the phrase: putting lipstick on a pig? Sounds appropriate for this scenario. Looks apart the Quanto was always a decent people mover, with adequate interior space. The tall boy structure liberated enough space but always made the car look disproportionate.
apachelongbow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:11   #11
BANNED

Don't worry, they may add an "O", and make it "Nuvosporto", or simply Nuvosport 1-O-O

The front looks very good for this car, but all other things remain as the same stupid-looking Quanto. How I wish this front transplanted on a TUV! The TUV then will become one of the best-looking sub-4m SUV, IMO.

Whatever they try to copy from Ecosport, it can't match the flamboyance of Ecosport. Or the soon-to-launched Brezza. Let's wait for the booking / sales figures.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:12   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The front has some resemblance to the Scorpio now, from certain bits. That's a good bit. There was hardly anything that can be done on this, which is derived from Xylo. For that reason, we can excuse them knowingly that this is hardly going to sell.

The TUV on the other hand, looks so handsome and as mentioned above, I can't find a single reason for anyone to buy this over TUV.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:15   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I don't know why anyone would want this over the TUV.
I would consider this new Quanto as the second from the bottom when it comes to list about looks, the worst being TUV 3OO. The latter reminds me of nothing but a mouse trap we used back in the ancestral house.

Mahindra design has gone down the drain after the successful XUV 5OO with no consideration for proportions and clean lines.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:16   #14
BHPian

Well well well.. It is finally out.
My observations (apart from, its almost the same):

1. The front is very cluttered.
2. The DRL looks completely as an afterthought.
3. The bumper looks pulled up too high.
4. The rear looks the same, apart from the black paint.

5. The new headlights shape looks good.
6. Loved the new grill, looks well integrated.
7. The hood scoop is interesting and, hopefully, functional.

The biggest issue with this car is, the overall shape and size.
In the department of looks, the car is a complete failure.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2016 at 08:12. Reason: Typos
iamahunter is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:42   #15
BHPian

The design elements doesn't remind me of Ecosport, rather for me it looks like Scorpio. I feel, it's a good effort by Mahindra, considering this is a face lifted quanto. This looks much better in looks compared to quanto.
Dani7766 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks