Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
M&M tweets the launch date - 4th April.
[/ATTACH]
Also, they have put up the micro site http://www.mahindranuvosport.com/
Inner Voice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

Read on IndianAutosBlog that it would be launched on 4th April 2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-mahindranuvosportlaunch768x284.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 21:34   #64
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
I somehow feel that the looks are quite Ok considering what Quanto used to look before.
However I have an off-topic query
The Quanto has a decent engine a proper 4 cylinder with a good 100 bhp. Why cant Mahindra use this engine in the TUV 300 instead of the 3 pot that many have said 'feels under powered'?
+1

I have test driven TUV. Such a nice vehicle. A proper four cylinder engine is what it required.
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
However I have an off-topic query
The Quanto has a decent engine a proper 4 cylinder with a good 100 bhp. Why cant Mahindra use this engine in the TUV 300 instead of the 3 pot that many have said 'feels under powered'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
+1

I have test driven TUV. Such a nice vehicle. A proper four cylinder engine is what it required.
The Quanto has a 3cyl 1.5l twin-scroll turbo diesel engine (called the mCR100). It never had a 4cyl engine in India. The 4cyl engine it did have for exports is the 2.2 mHawk shared with the Scorpio.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:18   #66
BHPian

Looks good in my opinion. Probably after XUV, this is mahindra's best design effort. Looks better than TUV and KUV.

- Does not look quirky
- Does not look ametuerish
- Does not look vague

I wish the same is carried over to Xylo.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:37   #67
BHPian

Just thinking where will they position it now. Above TUV 300 may be. News of current Scorpio platform being used is a pleasant surprise, in that case it will be more than just a facelift. May be they should have put this front facia on Xylo and tried to revive their presence in MPV segment
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:48   #68
BHPian

To me, this car should have been made like a pickup.

The front looks muscular and nice
Retain the twin cab till the tail gate
Just extend it proportionately with a pickup extension
Give it a 4x4

and it will be practical and there will be takers. They already have TUV to cater to this segment and a pickup type of vehicle would have been a good entrant in this price range and also added a new competitive segment.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The proportions of the Quanto's body are all wrong and this facelift isn't going to change that. Still, a very good attempt.
I agree with you. However, do you think the ride and handling could be better than Quanto considering the news that Nuvosport uses the current Scorpio platform?

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd March 2016 at 16:07. Reason: Quote corrected.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:04   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Voice View Post
Also, they have put up the micro site http://www.mahindranuvosport.com/
The pictures they have put up are real good! If this is how it looks in person, its a fantabulous job by Mahindra, especially considering how the quanto looked earlier.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps , M&M is the only company, which designs Concept cars like Production cars and end up with actual Production cars looking like a Concept !

Clearly there is no uniform Design language followed by the Company. Something that Identifies itself as a VW or BMW or a Hyundai irrespective of the Model, variant, and Trim.

It is almost like Mahindra takes the customers for granted when it comes to design. And it is not that they cannot design a good looking car (XUV and New Gen Scorp). Makes one feel as though only premium cars deserve to look good

Last edited by Mi10 : 23rd March 2016 at 16:54.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Must say, this is a decent effort. It's among the best on what was an ugly duckling. I like the front & rear, but will save my final opinion for when I actually see it in person. The proportions of the Quanto's body are all wrong and this facelift isn't going to change that. Still, a very good attempt.
Have to agree with GTO here. It is definitely a decent effort from Mahindra, in trying to turn their ugliest duckling into a swan, but the proportions of this vehicle are wrong, and they haven't changed that, instead just tried to camouflage it better. The sales charts will tell the story of their success, so lets wait and watch .

Slightly OT: I find almost all Mahindra vehicles quirky looking in some way, but their sales are still good, so it looks like a majority of the public don't find them offensive, which is probably what encourages them to keep designing them like that.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:46   #73
BHPian

India is the only market where such experiments are done. An ugly duckling is revamped to look like a duck.
Mahindra's designers should get an Oscar. On one side they design mouthwatering xuv, and other side an obnoxious (phew) design. I cannot connect the dots, neither the market will.

Last edited by harishpr : 23rd March 2016 at 20:49.
Old 24th March 2016, 14:10   #74

I believe this a job well done by Mahindra. Though you would expect more changes in rear but overall it looks contemporary now.

Mahindra knows that it takes huge investment and efforts to develop a product. Shutting it down before achieving break-even would have incurred huge losses. It makes sense to revise strategy and work on loopholes. Mahindra worked on Quanto exactly with this ideology - which otherwise was struggling to attain even three digit sales. So I think this a Mahindra’s final effort of revival & survival of Qaunto. Now question arises why they haven’t done this before arrival of TUV3OO? I’m sure answer lies in how Mahindra positions Nuvosport against TUV3OO. My guess is it sits lower than TUV and cheaper by at least 50K at each variant. Fingers crossed till 4th April!
do-od-do is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 15:36   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by do-od-do View Post
Now question arises why they haven’t done this before arrival of TUV3OO?
My guess is that different teams were working on the design / redesign of these vehicles - just like how Suzuki designed Vitara internationally and Brezza in India. Both models took some design cues from the XA-Alpha concept.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks