Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2006, 22:46   #16
BHPian

Well, am sure even the Sonata Embera with the V6 petrol wud come out sometime soon! they already have it, jus gotta launch it. but the CRDi Sonata wud be the one to die for! awesome car, awesome engine!

Abt the Verna, the thing about pricing is right wherein someone said that they might increase the price of Elantra else it hampes the sales of Verna.... I for one, have asked my dad to not think of the Verna, how ever good it be, coz the Elantra for a couple of laks more is a steal deal compared to it! in every form, the Elantra is better than the Verna... so when spending 8ish, i rather spend 10ish and get something almost double the VFM!
Old 21st September 2006, 23:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

>>They R Comming Out With A Crdi Version For The New Sonata And Rummors Are That Its A V6 Crdi

Are you serious ?? If this is the case then it is Hyundai's best kept secret ever. Does even the Hyudai Auto chairman know about this .... he he j/k man !

Last edited by lurker : 21st September 2006 at 23:14.
Old 21st September 2006, 23:43   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Looking at the specs you start wondering why they bothered releasing a petrol version at all, but its going to be tough for them to fight Honda's reputation in the market.
Have to agree with you there. Atleast on paper, their diesel seems to be way more capable than the petrol.

Probably the only way they can attempt to target the City petrol space is by pricing the petrol Verna below the City
Old 22nd September 2006, 01:58   #19

hey insane devil, if u r spending 12 ish might i suggest u go in for skoda instead. the engine is better in skoda. also according to few reviews i read the verna crdi is supposed to have a more superior engine as compared to the elantra, well tht might be because of the vgt or some other stuff too. moreover the elantra was supposed to have complaints with the suspension, i suggest u look into that also before taking the decision-just tryin to help out!! :-)
Old 22nd September 2006, 09:35   #20
BHPian

Just pricing a bit lower than "city" will not help the matters, considering the brand value, reliability and FE of city. Fiesta, Aveo could not dent city sales, so I don't think even verna will be able to do that unless they really make it VFM proposition and their FE is also respectable else its(petrol) obituary is already written.
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Have to agree with you there. Atleast on paper, their diesel seems to be way more capable than the petrol.

Probably the only way they can attempt to target the City petrol space is by pricing the petrol Verna below the City
Have you noticed that the CRDi is not detuned and comes with the same 110PS/108BHP VGT engine that they sell abroad while the PETROL is detuned from 110 bhp to 100BHP/103PS.....has the petrol been detuned for fuel efficiency?
Old 22nd September 2006, 13:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanbajaj
hey insane devil, if u r spending 12 ish might i suggest u go in for skoda instead. the engine is better in skoda. also according to few reviews i read the verna crdi is supposed to have a more superior engine as compared to the elantra, well tht might be because of the vgt or some other stuff too. moreover the elantra was supposed to have complaints with the suspension, i suggest u look into that also before taking the decision-just tryin to help out!! :-)
skoda a.s.s. is bad and so the bills, very big Check the other threads

And wait till Hyundai bring in their new Elantra.

Verna has disks all around??? And why arent they comparing it with Fiesta 1.6 and Aveo 1.6?

pix frm that ppt;check GTO's post

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd September 2006 at 13:44.
Old 22nd September 2006, 13:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
has the petrol been detuned for fuel efficiency?
And may be rightly so, because if you notice, most of the companies try to restrict there horsepower around 100bhp for cars weighing around 1000-1200kgs, because India still does not have infrastructure to put that addtional power to use.
Old 22nd September 2006, 13:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll
And may be rightly so, because if you notice, most of the companies try to restrict there horsepower around 100bhp for cars weighing around 1000-1200kgs, because India still does not have infrastructure to put that addtional power to use.
not coz of infrastructure. I guess its coz of FE and fuel quality.
Old 22nd September 2006, 15:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
My point is, what is the logic, giving a car enough power to achieve speeds, which it can never achieve on indian roads, so better detune and make it fuel efficient.
Old 22nd September 2006, 15:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Verna has disks all around??? And why arent they comparing it with Fiesta 1.6 and Aveo 1.6?
Makes sense to gun for the top-dog in the segment (city), once you eat into that chunk, the others will fall in line.

Though, knowing Hyundai, I am very very sure they will come out with that comparison soon, especially one blowing fiesta tdci sky-high, and even taking pot-shots at the octy.

Quote:
pix frm that ppt;check GTO's post
Now why does it remind me very strongly of the Fiesta - nice interiors anyways.
Old 22nd September 2006, 15:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
yups - standard practice for all to lower the compression ratio to account for lack of widely available 93 octane.
Old 22nd September 2006, 17:06   #28
BHPian

I guess the car is gonna be a big success if not initially (due to lack of a brand image) but definitely later on. Am I right?
Old 22nd September 2006, 17:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

All depends on the pricing. And if I am right, brand image never came in the way of Accent becoming a success. Hyundai might be perceived to be lower down the rung as far as image goes, but it has been seen that if the product is good and VFM, we lap it up (and rightly so).

Different opinions about the Verna's look on the forum. But IMO, in today's C-seg market, looks do not seem to matter much - check out the NHC, Fiesta, Aveo etc. Pricing it right will determine whether it goes the Accent way or the Elantra way. For the sake of competition and in the general interest of consumers (us), I hope the Koreans get it right.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 22nd September 2006 at 17:16.
Old 22nd September 2006, 17:56   #30
BHPian

Another beige interiors car.
Is it even possible to launch a car now without beige interiors ?
Can atleast the Fiat guys turn out something more creative? i.e If they ever get around to launching a new car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks