Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2006, 15:10   #76
BHPian

am not sure if someone has already mentioned it here on the various threads on the Verna..

But do not the Verna's rear light cluster remind anyone of the Optra's "Rubies & Diamonds" rear light cluster ?
Old 28th September 2006, 00:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

From the pics of the Verna in various magazines, I find that the paint finish is just brilliant. I mean, I'll say it's among the best if not the best. Is it the quality of the pics or just me because the Accents/Verna's I have seen in Canada didn't have such brilliant level's of paint finish on them. Maybe Hyundai has upped the quality on the verna here? Another car that looks extremely pedestrian in Canada but luxurious and huge here in India is the Civic. I am comparing Acura with Civic here because the head and tail lights of the Civic here are seen on the Acura there. Even the Corolla looks big here. But this big car feel hasn't extended to Baleno and Accent.....wonder why......
Old 28th September 2006, 00:28   #78
Team-BHP Support

Spotted the 1st Verna

Today morning while going to the office I spotted a red demo Verna on the SP Road, being driven by an executive type guy. Initially I thought someone's already bought one. But then saw the side markings of a demo car (a la Swift cars with side graphics of you are the fuel). So I thought that someone's test-riding it. However then it struck me that demo cars always have a showroom rep sitting next to you. It must have been a Talwar Hyundai stunt... driving the car through the busy morning SP Road traffic, amongst a sea of cars, to draw attention
Old 28th September 2006, 03:24   #79
Senior - BHPian

See how the Verna hatch looks like!

Hyundai Accent Hatchback 1.4i Atlantic 3dr

Source: http://autocar.co.uk
Old 28th September 2006, 10:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Hey all,
Finally drove the Verna yesterda!
The Verna does look classy, and the red one really got my eyes! nice set of 17" chrome alloys, with fatter tyres and this is a racing deamon!
Yesterday I too met the salesguy there. He told the Optional ABS will be available in 3 months. Also they don't have petrol to test drive for now. Have you booked one? Are the wheels 17" or 15". Definitely needs broader tires. Hows the handling? Whats the top speed you drove?
Old 28th September 2006, 11:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Another car that looks extremely pedestrian in Canada but luxurious and huge here in India is the Civic. I am comparing Acura with Civic here because the head and tail lights of the Civic here are seen on the Acura there. Even the Corolla looks big here. But this big car feel hasn't extended to Baleno and Accent.....wonder why......
IMO they look bigger here because they are 'taller' here, the 'rough road package' et al.
Old 28th September 2006, 13:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee
Are the wheels 17" or 15". Definitely needs broader tires. Hows the handling? Whats the top speed you drove?
17" on a Verna company fit?? YOu must be kidding or it must be a typo. It's simply not possible to except such sizes on cars like the Verna not in India atleast.
Old 28th September 2006, 13:56   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
IMO they look bigger here because they are 'taller' here, the 'rough road package' et al.
They look bigger here because of the scale against which they are compared. These are the biggers cars here and therefore they look bigger than they would in comparison to the much bigger cars and roads there. These cars fill up our tiny roads well.
Old 28th September 2006, 13:57   #84
Senior - BHPian

Guys, guys, what ID was saying (if I'm not mistaken) is - if you put on 17" chrome alloys & fatter tyres on this car, it would be a racing demon. I don't think the car he tested had 17 inchers
Old 29th September 2006, 08:43   #85
BHPian

Hyundai is scaling new heights for sure. I have been watching lately and the products they have come up with are really amazing. For example Tucson, in India may not be a best seller. But in SE asia, its a hottie! Because the config it is being sold is completely different from that of india! The base model is a 2 lit auto which approx costs around 5.5l in indian rupees equivalent. There is no other SUV available from anyother company except its own Kia Sportage with similar spec in this range . Remember Tuscon scored well in its Safety ratings in US.
Then they brought this Verna and by looking at it and the specs its going to be another hit on the anvil for sure! Pricing is just rite and the strategy of keeping Accent as well gives them enough breathing space to build market for Verna. If they can reduce a little bit of Accent prices, markets going to go crazy!

lets support who gives value for money and not brand for money!Hyundai is the way to go!
Old 29th September 2006, 11:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
17" on a Verna company fit?? YOu must be kidding or it must be a typo. It's simply not possible to except such sizes on cars like the Verna not in India atleast.
Teh options as per site is 14 and 15.
Old 29th September 2006, 12:17   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb

Hyundai Accent Hatchback 1.4i Atlantic 3dr

Source: http://autocar.co.uk

This car's front end looks far better IMHo to the Indian version.

Maybe Hyundai would use this for the Viva version
Old 11th October 2006, 09:59   #88
BHPian

Two cars that i noticed parked in the hotel parking lots are the Hyundai Azera http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/azera/azera.aspx
and the Ford Five hundered http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fivehundred/
Old 3rd November 2006, 23:16   #89
BHPian

Viva with ABS costs around 642,788(Ex Bangalore) while Verna XXi (with same features as Viva + Auto Climate - ABS) is 693,498(Ex Bangalore). Is it worth paying 50K extra for Verna w/o ABS? I can do without auto climate control. And there is marginal difference in BHP and Torque.

As you all know i thought to go for the Baleno Lxi, but unfortunately there are a few left and i dont want to get a model that's going to be discontinued.

Please suggest whether Viva or Verna XXi? Also is Accent Viva going to be discontinued soon?

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 3rd November 2006 at 23:20.
Old 4th November 2006, 04:43   #90
BHPian

Go for verna anyday, its new, bigger, better and new tecnology, handling etc. did uTD the verna?

Most Viewed