Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 11:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Great that Honda has decided to launch the W-RV, but what I am concerned about is the price.
I expect the WR-V to be priced approximately 70k-85k more then the Jazz. The Jazz is priced at a slight premium over i20, while the i20 Active is roughly around 60k more then the i20. I hope Honda packs it with features, a mistake which it is doing for every launch & it is hurting them badly.

Jazz sales is going down because of Premium Pricing & Lack of Features

Honda will charge premium for their New WR-V, who knows they might pit it against Vitara Brezza & Ecosport which are a completely different animals altogether.
Old 18th October 2016, 14:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Honda will charge premium for their New WR-V, who knows they might pit it against Vitara Brezza & Ecosport which are a completely different animals altogether.
One wonders whether that last statement is true. The Vitara Brezza and Ecosport are precisely what the Honda will be: tall, and in the Brezza's case quite wide, 4m or below hatchbacks, with some basic crossover touches like wider tyres and higher GC. But they're just hatchbacks in any case, boxier and supposedly more er 'butch' in styling, are they not? Exact same platform and architecture as their hatchback siblings, no? Even long travel suspensions may not be available on all these purportedly tough, rugged, 'manly' small crossed-over hatchbacks, after all?
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 14:33   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
One wonders whether that last statement is true. The Vitara Brezza and Ecosport are precisely what the Honda will be
They look different and has a mini SUV stance as compared to their hatchback siblings. This really matters in the Indian market - the reason why cars like Brezza and Ecosport (even Kwid) are very popular while cars like i20 Active, Etios Cross, Polo Cross and Avventura never made an impact. These were only considered as hatchbacks on stilettos, expensive options of their regular versions.

WRV shares a lot with the Jazz, specially the side profile. Remains to be seen if Honda is able to differentiate it enough to be competitive against Brezza rather than i20 Active.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th October 2016 at 14:34.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 23:10   #49
Team-BHP Support

Rendered by SRK designs for Indian Autos Blog

http://www.motoroids.com/news/india-...tely-rendered/

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-hondawrv1800x600.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 14:37   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda releases another teaser of its WR-V crossover. Can this lift Honda's sales numbers in India?

After the schematic drawing released last week, Honda of Brazil publishes a photo of its new compact SUV, the Honda WR-V , covered, but it allows a glimpse of some details like headlights daytime positioning system, probably LED?

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-hondawrv.jpg

Source- Honda Br
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 22:15   #51
BHPian

I strongly feel that Honda WR-V will become another laggard in the Honda stable, if it is launched in India. Honda Jazz is a wonderful car and is undoubtedly one of the best small cars available today. Having said that, one of the biggest pain points of this car is the under-powered 1.2 L i-vtec engine and super poor low end torque. Had Honda plonked the 1.5L i-vtec engine, this would have been a dream car to own. I personally own the new Honda Jazz and it scores high in all departments sans the under-powered engine and the poor low end torque. Now since WR-V is based on the Jazz platform, I am very positive that Honda India will once again plonk the same 1.2L petrol engine and kill the product.
vijjuvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 18:24   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Debuting shortly Honda releases the 3rd teaser to the WR-V

The image shows a front detail, specifically the headlights, highlighting the daytime positioning system, probably in LED.

Name:  hondaWRV.gif
Views: 6557
Size:  139.5 KB

Source- Honda
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 21:44   #53
BHPian

I feel the beefed up front definitely gives it a more SUV look. I am happy that unlike Hyundai which made few cosmetic changes to i20 and launched Active i20 as cross, Honda seems to be giving Jazz a different front look and launching a compact SUV.

If it turns out to be similar to SRKs render then I think this already looks more like a Ecosport competition. In fact, interior space in terms of legroom and head room will also help it win customers from Creta.

Another interesting aspect is the speculated India launch in March 2017. By then GST rates would have got sorted and who knows if 28% turns out to be a common slab for all cars <4m irrespective of engine capacity, Honda may offer WR-V with 1.5l engine.
Old 8th November 2016, 22:27   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's Crossover WR-V Revealed. Will be the smallest Crossover from Honda and will be a segment below the HR-V in Brazil.

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-novohondawrv2.jpg

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-novohondawrv3.jpg

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-novohondawrv1.jpg

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-novohondawrv4.jpg

Honda has just shown the crossover at the Sao Paulo Auto show. Based on the Fit/Jazz adopts a higher front and equipped with compact headlamps, but complex lens. The bumpers is also different, having a large chrome bar. The bumpers have black and grey central shield protections. The skirts of wheels also feature plastic protections.

At the rear, the tail lightsare compact, but have extensions at the bottom, on the lid of the trunk, which is basically the same as the Fit. C columns were filled with appliques in glossy black. The bumper is also strengthened with ample cladding. The suspension was already high.

No details of the interiors nor the engine specs have been revealed yet.

Honda also confirmed the release date, limited to say what model starts will come to market in the first half of 2017 and will later be released in other countries in South America.

Unconfirmed reports are that the engine will be the 1.5 Flex engine of 116 cv that with in five speed MT or automatic CVT.

In india the WR-V will rival all the pseudo crosses in India like the Etios Cross/Polo Cross/ Hyundai's Active and will also take on some variants of Ford's EcoSport, Renault's Duster and Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza!

India launch is likely to be in March and will go on sale in April 2017.

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th November 2016 at 22:48.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 22:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Looks good this WR-V, specially from the Front. There is enough differentiation from Jazz. This certainly doesn't look like Cross version of Jazz unlike i20 Active, Etios Cross etc.

Rear is again new (Not All New), I can see the Top Portion linking Side Quarter Panel & Rear Windshield is now black & the Tail Lamps now resemble the New 2017 CR-V. But, the Front Headlamps are Reflector Type, Honda what were you thinking ? .

Going by changes from Jazz, I certainly feel this is an Ecosport Rival. Waiting to see it on Indian Roads soon (Maybe March 2017).
Old 8th November 2016, 23:02   #56
BHPian

Liked the front and rear design. Better than standard cross design we see with i20 and Polo

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-3.jpg
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-1.jpg
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-2.jpg
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-4.jpg

Last edited by damager21 : 8th November 2016 at 23:14.
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 23:29   #57
BHPian

Actually this cross-hatch looks good - at least better than the side cladded Etios-Cross and Cross Polo. If Honda can give good engine options and automatic options - read 1.5 i-Vtec in manual and CVT, this can be a very good competitor to Ecosport and even Brezza. Also, this needs to be feature rich to be effective competition to these cars - which are heavily loaded with features.

But seeing how Honda is treating Indian customers, I doubt if it will happen. This is a company which believed a top end BR-V can sell even without a reverse camera and proper audio unit. If they think giving a barebone WR-V - i.e. feature list similar to Jazz for the price of Brezza, it will have no takers. Let better sense prevail at the Hondas.
Vigkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 23:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Good Job Honda
I definitely like it a lot more than the other cross hatches and also the suzuki s cross.
The question is whether there is a market for cross hatches ? How successful is the segment?
Old 9th November 2016, 00:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post

The question is whether there is a market for cross hatches ? How successful is the segment?

Even S Cross is struggling. At least in terms of Maruti sales numbers.
I20 Active also is a dud. I predict a similar fate to this WRV.
Old 9th November 2016, 08:30   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

More on the Winsome Runabout Vehicle from Honda for the S American market.
Quote:
The WR-V will be marketed in Brazil in the first half of 2017 and, in the near future, also in other countries of South America. With the WR-V Honda wants to exploit a new market for SUVs and, according to his philosophy, deliver more joy to their consumers

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-capture.jpg

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-10.jpg
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-13.jpg

Source- Honda Brazil

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th November 2016 at 08:35.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed