Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2016, 14:17   #61
BHPian

re: Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!

Wow atlast the car is out , I find it more like an alternative to jazz rather than competition to brezza or ecosport. Honda u really disappointed me, and it looks like an alto with that color and headlights. What's happening to Brazil market even the facelift creta launched looks like middle aged creta.
Old 9th November 2016, 14:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

Few more pictures of WR-V. Let us wait and see how much 1.2 vtec + CVT + magic seat version costs here in India.

Few things look out of place - Tail lamps, rear chrome strip, plastic cladding strip on rear door and rear end design of roof rail. Otherwise it looks better than Etios Cross, Cross Polo and i20 active. If priced properly it can do 3K per month in India.

Design received generally -ve feedback from Brazilians going by the comments section.

source: http://carplace.uol.com.br/
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv0.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv2.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv3.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv4.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv5.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv6.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv1.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-wrv1a.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th November 2016 at 14:55.
Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 16:08   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't like it - it's like a smaller version of the BR-V & the Mobilio, intermingled with a generous dose of Jazz bits.

The front chrome mustache and the front bonnet are glaringly similar to the Mobilio, and the side crease which extends across both doors has been copied/pasted straight from the Jazz. The sunken, oversized headlamps look out of place on that compact-looking front. Sleeker, slender-looking headlamp sections might have suited it better.

Thankfully, the rear feels fresh because of those extended tail-lamp sections but again, the lower part of the rear looks bulky and huge, not aided in any part by that outlandish silver/chrome guard below. Proportionately, the chrome strip above the number-plate looks smaller in comparison, making it look like it's not in sync with the overall rear design.

And the engines - the anaemic 1.2L i-VTEC will again make an appearance, and with the added weight of the add-ons/claddings, will definitely be more lethargic than the 1.2L which powers the present Jazz. As for the 1.5L i-DTEC, it gets the job done (with a fuss, I might add, considering how noisy it is). Not exciting, either of them.

I don't blame the Brazilian public for giving negative feedback after the WR-V's launch. It's a "not here, not there" sort of iteration of the Jazz. Maybe a saving grace would be to have an RS variant with an 1.5L i-VTEC under the hood, but considering how Honda has gone "mainstream" in India, I won't be holding my breath for that.

Shame, really. I expected better from the Jap auto major after their recent design debacles.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th November 2016 at 16:11.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 23:00   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I don't like it
I will be siding with you on this one. Looks like it has been designed by Guangdong Motors (I mean, Chinese) rather than Honda Motors.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 23:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

I think they went over board with the butch SUV looks and screwed up the front end, primarily due to the huge bumper which is about 50% of the front end of the car and it looks too high to be aesthetic IMHO. Rear looks smart and the sides is classic jazz. Its a shame that a newer car based on the jazz, looks nowhere as good as the original car its based on.
Old 9th November 2016, 23:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

I rather think the front is good but rear is a forced attempt. Front looks fresh and inviting. Rear tail design seems to be worse than some bad after-market designs. Sides are what it needs to be to get the Cross badge. Cant love it but cant complain either.
Old 10th November 2016, 07:21   #67
Team-BHP Support

The engine is a big let down. Should have expected a 1.5L Vtec on this one. As long as the suspensions can take abuse, gets you good clearance at the practicality of Jazz's magic spacing, I would still be fine with it.

But the engine..
Need to find about suspensions and ground clearance.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 08:28   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's WR-V, First look video!

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th November 2016 at 08:32.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 10:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!

This definitely looks better than the cladded hatchbacks( read: Polo cross, Etios cross, i20 Active etc) but somehow seems to be trying too hard to look SUV-ish. Ecosport still feels much more butch & better looking. But this is sure to trump Ecosport in terms of space(seating & boot). Brezza though proportionate, looks too plain jane if not for the funky dual-tone scheme.And to top it all if this comes with that same 1.2L iVtec, wonder how sad would it be to drive. The Jazz already feels under-powered & this with added weight will further dampen the drive experience.

However, I somehow feel HONDA wont get it with that(1.2L) and rather use the 1.5L iVtec just like how Ford uses 1.5L petrol to power the Ecosport Auto/Base models. Price difference between Jazz base & Ecosport base petrol is a good ~1.2L. So that's a decent window for Honda to make use of while pricing this in India. Even with the sub-4m benefit hampered(due to >1.2L petrol) HONDA can still price this in the ball-park region of ECOSPORT if they really want this to compete in the segment. As their diesel engine aint as great as the ones in Ecosport/Brezza(rest of the pseuo-compact-SUVs are anyways duds), petrol avatar would be one lot of people would be interested in.

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th November 2016 at 11:00.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 11:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
petrol avatar would be one lot of people would be interested in.
Petrol + CVT + Magic seats - This is the one variant Honda needs to focus when they launch it here. Launch this variant at an attractive price and Honda can surely sell few thousands/month irrespective of competition from Brezza and Ecosport.

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th November 2016 at 11:07.
Old 10th November 2016, 11:13   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

A hatchback is a hatchback. Period. You can't make a hatchback look like a pseudo-SUV/crossover/MUV or simply UV. I haven't seen a single case of successful transition and creation of a proper design which meets the above criteria. While the Etios Cross/i20 Activ might look good, they look like a hatchback (which they actually are). So rather than wasting money to spruce up a hatchback (losing the grace of the design in the process), companies should design cars from scratch with distinct design philosophies ingrained in it.

Somehow this trend of creating pseudo-crossovers from hatchbacks reminds me of badge engineering, with minute mechanical engineering incorporated in a few cases.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 11:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

Jack up the suspension, put some plastic cladding's, change a bit of the rear lights, add a mustache grill and we have a cross over. I am surprised they are not calling it 'Jazz Over' and have chosen a new name.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 20:35   #73
Senior - BHPian

It seems to be a similar treatment as the Mobilio-->BR-V. The front is butched up but from the sides and rear it looks like a butch body kit has been slapped on the non-CUV precursor model.

Did anyone also notice its positioning ? In Brazil its placed a segment below the HR-V which in India would be roughly in the Creta region of 15-20 lakhs. Over here the BR-V occupies that spot. So how is Honda India going to price it ? Plonk in the 1.5L Vtec and price it along side the City and BR-V or severely cut costs, downgrade to the 1.2L and price it about a lakh more than the equivalent Jazz model ?
It going to be a tricky thing and I expect it to be an overpriced flop from Honda. Brand value can only get you so far if you are arrogant.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 13:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Few more pictures - It looks bad in white color and shows all bad design lines!

source: wrv facebook page
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-1.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-2.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-3.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-4.jpg  

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-5.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 13:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Another Flop Model from Honda ?

"Poor Product Planning, High Price, Bad Equipment Levels", these are enough for us Honda to not look at your cars (Despite your wonderful Petrol Engine's) barring Honda City.

This WR-V, an Ecosport Rival ? Are you kidding ?

Doesn't look anything like a Compact SUV. Don't fool us Honda, You better position it as a Jazz Crossover otherwise heaven's are open for you.

And one thing is true, Any Similar Product without Differentiation won't sell here, I hope every manufacturer knows this.

With Jazz selling around 3k/Month, I expect this WR-V to do 350-500 Units/Month which isn't a Bad figure for Honda Folks either.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 17th November 2016 at 13:35.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks