Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2019, 23:09   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V

Though I am super happy to hear this as I had almost given up on having the HRV in India, I am still skeptical unless I hear some official announcement. Particularly, the 2019 timelines looks very doubtful.
I was kind of converging on the Kia SP2i going by what I have seen so far. But if this comes up in 2019 or even 2020, I dont mind waiting at all
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 12:21   #137
BHPian

I really hope Honda gets the HR-V to India soon. The buyers are slowly moving away from sedans and their WR-V sales should show them that there is a lot of demand for SUVish vehicles. If priced well (unlikely, knowing Honda), this could potentially be a 2000 units per month vehicle for them.

I think globally it is sold with a 4WD option as well!
Old 26th April 2019, 21:47   #138
BHPian

Hope they price it well - the interiors of the HR-V in the North American is quite barebones with a touch screen placed to make it look enticing.

It is overpriced in Canada when compared to what the Civic offers and its price.
Old 26th April 2019, 23:52   #139
Senior - BHPian

Would we buy a car that's a generation older in India ? Im just wondering if its too late ? The new Vezel/HRV is going to be out in August/September of 2019 from what i had read online. It was launched way back in 2013, so its already a 6 year old car.

Honda missed a trick with this car because it would have walked over the Creta and achieved 6000-10000 units a month if priced well in India.
nik_kapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 15:02   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda HR-V India launch confirmed for 2019 - coming this festive season.

Likely to be priced below the Civic at a speculated starting price of ₹ 15 lakhs.

Honda will import the SUV via the CKD route and assemble the vehicle here.

Quote:
The HR-V for India is likely to come with a 1.8-litre petrol engine, similar to the one seen on the Civic, mated to a CVT gearbox only. Additionally, the 120hp 1.6-litre diesel is also expected to make it here with the HR-V.
Will take on Hyundai Creta, Renault Captur and the Nissan Kicks and also top end will fight it out with the likes of the Jeep Compass petrol and the upcoming MG Hector petrol, to some extent.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th April 2019 at 15:07.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 15:13   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda HR-V India launch confirmed for 2019 - coming this festive season.

Likely to be priced below the Civic at a speculated starting price of ₹ 15 lakhs.

Will take on Hyundai Creta, Renault Captur and the Nissan Kicks and also top end will fight it out with the likes of the Jeep Compass petrol and the upcoming MG Hector petrol, to some extent.

Link
With starting price of 15lacs. OMG are they really targeting CRETA, which starts at 9.5lacs. Why Honda is always over-pricing their cars. Their engines are good, service is good. But build quality is very bad. I have seen a City rammed into Verna at 50kmph from behind. City Right side was badly damaged n Verna was like cool. Verna's bumper fell n a slight bump in dikki. Honda cars are becoming like Marutis- no strength at all
oops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 15:28   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
But build quality is very bad. I have seen a City rammed into Verna at 50kmph from behind. City Right side was badly damaged n Verna was like cool. Verna's bumper fell n a slight bump in dikki. Honda cars are becoming like Marutis- no strength at all
If you are basing your statement on one instance, then it's not really fair!

While a Honda is no Toyota, it still produces remarkably good cars with solid build (Jazz seems to be an exception I guess).
Shreyas_H is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 15:42   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
While a Honda is no Toyota, it still produces remarkably good cars with solid build (Jazz seems to be an exception I guess).
I guess you mean to say that Jazz build quality is good and it is an exception among Honda cars in India.

Otherwise i agree with 'oops' to an extent. Most Honda cars lately including City have very light build quality.
Old 30th April 2019, 15:54   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I guess you mean to say that Jazz build quality is good and it is an exception among Honda cars in India.

Otherwise i agree with 'oops' to an extent. Most Honda cars lately including City have very light build quality.
I actually meant it the other way round!

I drive an almost 10 year old City, and it feels rock solid.
My friend's relatively new CR-V feels pretty solid to me too.

A colleague's new Jazz on the other hand, not so much.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 16:58   #145
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Honda HR-V dealer conference...I was there!!!

They showed an example imported from Thailand. The latest facelift, but no sunroof, no lane watching system and no rear A/C vents on this imported example shown to us. As of now, it appears that they will be offering a 1.8L CVT petrol only, same as the Civic. There *might* not be any diesel manual or automatic. This is still being worked out though. Price indication given to us was in the ballpark of the Civic.

I and all other partners had real concerns about the price. It's stance is also very coupe'ish...more like a bigger WR-V than a smaller CR-V. Launch timeline shared with us was around Diwali.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:09   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Wish they launch a manual 1.8L instead of the CVT one . If its going to be a CKD, I guess the quality levels will not be bad. I do agree that Honda India has been compromising a lot on quality lately, but the Civic has much better quality than the current gen City.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:26   #147
Senior - BHPian

I dont think they have a 1.8 petrol MT on the HR-V anywhere. The MT comes with a 1.5 petrol.

Had a chance to see the car closely abroad, its just an okay model, nothing exceptional. Not much room inside for the second row. Seats are decent, doors are too light, just like the Baleno!

If I were in the market, I wont pay even a single penny more for this than the Creta.
fx45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:47   #148
BHPian

Quote:
I actually meant it the other way round!

I drive an almost 10 year old City, and it feels rock solid.
My friend's relatively new CR-V feels pretty solid to me too.

A colleague's new Jazz on the other hand, not so much.
So, it means you have not experienced or talking about latest Honda City. The new one is just a ghost of old city in build terms. I too can vouch for 10 year old city but sadly times have changed at Honda and GTO had a thread too dedicated to that if i remember correctly.
gupta_chd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 18:27   #149
BHPian

Quote:
If you are basing your statement on one instance, then it's not really fair!

It's not just one instance. I own City since 2014. Got upgraded to the same from Dolphin City. In interior, City got upgraded but in exterior quality, it just degraded. Very bad quality. A little touch n bumper comes out. A little thud, fender is badly damaged. Bought it with excise benefits @10.20lacs ex. But feel people are being cheated now a days around 12lacs with so bad build quality
Old 30th April 2019, 18:38   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in.
Strange. While this quote in the box suggests that HR-V looks more like a bigger WR-V than a smaller CR-V, the news page on TBHP home page says the opposite [Quote "The car showcased at the event was the latest version of the HR-V that was imported from Thailand. It reportedly looks like a smaller CR-V rather than a bigger WR-V."]

I wonder which one is correct. Also-what really is the difference between the two? There can't be two different cars! I am sure it is just subjective perception, if the two quotes are attributable to two different persons.

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 30th April 2019 at 18:39.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks