Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:21   #166
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
IMHO, over time, we Indians will also see the pointlessness of the 'Butch and Big' craze.
I drive myself a butch and big SUV and I love it how the crowds part when I wade through a sea of unruly ricks and bikes. The other day in a hurry I jumped out of my Butch & BiG SUV, a cotton bag wrapped around my fist b'cos the Missus wanted me to get potatoes. The security guard in the jewellery shop opposite wet his pants The lumpen elements ask me if I want to pay chanda for the sundry celebrations

That my friend does not happen in a Crossover!
Ferruccio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:34   #167
Team-BHP Support

The HR-V should be a great addition to the Honda line-up in India. After years of experimentation with Brio platform spin-offs Honda looks to be getting back on track, starting with the Civic.
Even though it doesn’t have the boxy SUV shape, the HR-V is a very smart looking car with pleasing exteriors and interiors (the rear seat under-thigh support can be better)
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:46   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
I drive myself a butch and big SUV and I love it how the crowds part when I wade through a sea of unruly ricks and bikes. The other day in a hurry I jumped out of my Butch & BiG SUV, a cotton bag wrapped around my fist b'cos the Missus wanted me to get potatoes. The security guard in the jewellery shop opposite wet his pants The lumpen elements ask me if I want to pay chanda for the sundry celebrations
Whatever perks you've mentioned above are completely inconsequential to me. So, I guess it is a matter of personal choice - to each, his own.
Su-47 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:04   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Why are they calling it the "The 1500cc SUV". I hope it's not the tagline. If it's the 1.5 turbo then we can't compare its prices to the upcoming one in India.
I called the dealer in Kathmandu again. I was informed that it is not a turbo-charged 1500cc engine. They said its the same one on Honda City. They already have display car in their showroom in Kathmandu and informed me that my town which is 6-7 hours away from Kathmandu also has one. If I could make time for a visit, I will try to shoot some pics for fellow BHPians.

Well, indirectly, HRV has already set its foot on Indian soil though. All the imports to Nepal are done through Haldia port in West Bengal. Some seven months ago when I made a trip to Deoghar in Jharkhand, I saw lots of trucks carrying Toyota Hiace, Toyota Rush and Peugeot likely 3008, not sold in India, moving towards Nepal on Barauni-Muzaffarpur Highway.

Honda City in Nepal retails from 40 lakhs Nepalese rupees (25lacs INR, due to 250% taxation). Still, 99 lakh for HRV is way too expensive. Jeep Compass and Kia Sportage retails for around 70 lacs here. Just like in India, Honda in Nepal has become greedy with pricing.
amitjha086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 21:11   #170
BHPian

I had been to Singapore last week, it's full of Toyotas and Hondas. I liked Honda HR-V (some were named Vezel), too many of them there.

It's just right size for Bangalore, coupe-ish, modern looking and from Honda. I am not a fan of "BIG and BUTCH", so I would definitely look forward if it's priced well.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img_0357.jpg

I was keen on sunroof, but it's missing, let us see what's in the HRV package for India.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th May 2019 at 22:29. Reason: Vezel not Vessel :)
hummer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 21:35   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post

It's just right size for Bangalore, coupe-ish, modern looking and from Honda. I am not a fan of "BIG and BUTCH", so I would definitely look forward if it's priced well.

Right, but the problem is Honda would expect us Indians to pay the price of "BIG and BUTCH" for this. I am sure that the on road price for this would be around 30L.
Superleggera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 22:02   #172
BHPian

It will be a disaster if it’s in Jeep Compas territory, Jeep looks a segment higher than HR-V.

If Honda wants to be in the game, HRV has to compete with the likes of Kicks, Creta, Duster.

Honda can’t play premium card with so many features missing.
hummer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:32   #173
BHPian

Quote:
If Honda wants to be in the game, HRV has to compete with the likes of Kicks, Creta, Duster.
Ideal case would be - retire the ageing BRV (which was a market dud anyway), and launch the HRV as its replacement. The price range of the BRV would be the sweet spot for this car to be a reasonable hit.
nikipedia87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 12:08   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I am sure that the on road price for this would be around 30L.
Would be dead on arrival with that pricing.

Quote:
It will be a disaster if it’s in Jeep Compas territory, Jeep looks a segment higher than HR-V.

Honda can’t play premium card with so many features missing.
Right - play with cars in the right size and segment.
Kicks is not exactly setting sales charts on fire, Duster sales have dwindled, and Creta has almost an open playing field. HRV should take the fight to Creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Ideal case would be - retire the ageing BRV (which was a market dud anyway), and launch the HRV as its replacement. The price range of the BRV would be the sweet spot for this car to be a reasonable hit.
BRV is a slightly bigger vehicle with 5+2 seating and has a small niche (long narrow car which can occasionally seat 7). I say rationalize the BRV lineup, and launch the HRV to fight it out with Creta.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 15:50   #175
BHPian

Knowing Honda, I am sure they will price it high.
I'm expecting a price point slightly below the Civic for the HR-V.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 13:24   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda HRV spotted testing in India by a fellow enthusiast who prefers to stay anonymous:

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img20190603wa0015.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:02   #177
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a pointless launch from Honda unless priced at Creta levels (which wont happen).
fx45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:47   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Honda HRV spotted testing in India by a fellow enthusiast who prefers to stay anonymous:

Attachment 1881413
Looks nice and tall. The tyres seem a tad too wide, or maybe it's the angle.
Please Honda, price it sensibly!
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:53   #179
Senior - BHPian

It's a very simple equation.

Honda will be launching this HRV after MG launches it's Hector and Kia with it's SP2i.

HRV will be mostly be imported. Even if it's assembled it'll be via CKD kits unlike SP2i & Hector which are manufactured here. So, Honda will play it's premium price card again, Creta is already Pricey, Hector & SP2i will be even pricier. HRV will take crown as the "Most Expensive car in its segment".

Honda will bank on Quality, Fuel Efficiency, Space and Reliability to be the USPs of HRV. I don't see this making any impact on rivals. But, if the SP2i and Hector were not there, this equation would have been different. We are seeing one Late Entrant (HRV), Overpriced Leader(Creta), Tech Loaded(Hector) & a Premium Feeling (SP2i) fighting against each other in near future.

I feel Honda will not look at volumes with this HRV, so it's a win win situation for Creta, Hector and SP2i.
CarguyNish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:10   #180
BHPian

HR-V will at the very minimum start at 18-19 lakhs in India and will find barely any takers. It is a good SUV but Honda pricing will kill this car just like other good Honda products in India.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 3rd June 2019 at 16:11.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks