Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2020, 22:34   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Thank you for the insights. Will they kill Jazz on march 31st or continue the current model with BS6 engines?

They'll kill it . Is what I'm guessing. With the BRV. Only products that'll remain are Amaze, WRV, city, civic, CRV.
Old 18th March 2020, 04:25   #242
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Overall, a mixed bag for Honda prospect in India. They have completely ignored hot segments and didn't do well in segments that other did. New City will be big challenge for them.
I won't even call it a mixed bag for now.
Honda has seriously messed up it's strategy in India. I don't know if it's the Indian management at fault or the guys sitting in the HQ are just not interested in India anymore and has given up.

The new City will settle in the sale region of I would assume 1.5k - 2.5k units, Maybe 3k at the highest and that's a drastic hit for a new product especially if it's your bread and butter vehicle. Moreover, Honda City's desirability factor has reduceddrastically over years owing to Compact UVs and Premium UVs. The Indian consumer just prefers that nowadays, moreover thanks to the aggressive pricing of Verna and Ciaz people just have began ignoring Honda especially when compared to Hyundai as the manufacturer is offering three vehicles in that price bracket. If you're on a tight budget, Venue, want to stick to a sedan, Verna and if you got money then Creta.
Yes! The Honda loyalist still vouch for a City but then we are a dying breed, after the current generation's reliability and quality issues a lot of Honda customers have lost faith in the City.

Coming to other segments, Honda doesn't have a product in most. The new Jazz replacement is nowhere to be seen hence I am sure the new i20 will run away with that, SUVs or Crossovers are already dominated by other players.
The Hybrid Accord tanked hugely for Honda, thanks to Camry. The Civic is expensive but due to the discontinuation of Octavia, they might attract a few customers. The CRV too has tanked big time. Hence it's safe to assume that Honda is in a serious pickle. Only the following can save them I guess!
  • A Hatchback catering to B Segment (i20) preferably with a different name.
  • A Compact UV
  • A Creta Rival or maybe something between the Creta and Tucson, that would be a sweet spot thanks to Hector & Harrier.
  • Improved Civic.
  • Extremely aggressive pricing of the City, base variants should be straight up targeting the mid variants of Ciaz.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 08:52   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda HRV is not launching here anytime soon. Next gen will be considered only if feasible. It is expected to be Unveiled sometime next year for US and Japanese markets.
Not surprised by this, I dont expect any peer from Honda for the Creta/Seltos twins until mid 2022 after reading some recent reports.

Quote:
Next gen WRV will be more butch and will be more SUVish like Brezza, Amaze based sub 4m SUV will be replacement of Current WRV.
This is a good move. Atleast they need to fit an automatic on it. The Amaze based sub 4m should enter by mid 2021 giving them some decent volumes.

Quote:
CRV facelift is expected towards end of this year or early next year.
From a volume perspective, this car hardly matters

Quote:
New City will be big challenge for them.
New City should ring in anywhere between 3000 to 4000 units a month given that it seems to be feature loaded and almost D segment dimensions. However, there is every chance that Honda may price it way high and mess things up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
The Indian consumer just prefers that nowadays, moreover thanks to the aggressive pricing of Verna and Ciaz.
I would not call it aggresive pricing - this has always been the pecking order in India. Maruti pricing is lowest, followed by Hyundai and Honda adds a premium over these two brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Extremely aggressive pricing of the City, base variants should be straight up targeting the mid variants of Ciaz.
New City has grown a lot in size and is almost D Segment dimensions and they do seem to have loaded up the features. Given the size is beyond its current segment, Honda will not worry about pricing in comparison to Maruti/Hyundai. Neither can possibly be compared anymore as an equal/peer of the new City. It will be priced at premium for sure but I just hope it's not unrealistic...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 18th March 2020 at 09:07.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:24   #244
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Honda HR-V world premiere pushed to May 2021.
New model will be larger, with a length of around 4.4m,
HR-V will continue to sit below the CR-V in Honda's global line-up.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ay-2021-417716
Old 1st July 2020, 18:16   #245
BHPian

While the internet is flooded with Honda City 2020 reviews, this thought on 'Why Honda didn't plan HRV or any other SUV apart from the BRV to compete in the hot SUV market ?' came to my mind. As we already have the news of HRV being shelved and Honda is mulling for an SUV from Amaze platform, my post is not relevant to the present scenario.

I searched for HRV Vs Creta in Google. HRV 1.8L is compared with Creta 2.0L by some international media. I found these pictures share worthy. Today Seltos and All New Creta is expanding their territories and conquering the market space. Judging by these pictures Honda lost a great opportunity by not bringing a low cost variant of HRV to India. Lets hope that Honda will realise their lost opportunity and bring a worthy contender to India.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-a4p0rx4i7t5uw32ymnjb0rh6c.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-2y0o5unoj77uk1thfs2kc3e4b.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-5m3ty1pmt7iossew5bx84lsvw.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-screenshot_20200701180502.jpg

Last edited by albertprince : 1st July 2020 at 18:18.
albertprince is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 18:30   #246
BHPian

The Honda India website says Jazz is coming soon. They will not kill it, but will give it some aesthetic changes, LED lights, some minor feature upgrades and launch it. Question is, when?

To not launch WRV with an automatic is beyond anyone's understanding. Even the sales folks at Honda are banging their heads on why it's not happening as people are buying any car with a decent GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
They'll kill it . Is what I'm guessing. With the BRV. Only products that'll remain are Amaze, WRV, city, civic, CRV.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st July 2020 at 21:01. Reason: Typos
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd July 2020, 06:44   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
The Honda India website says Jazz is coming soon. They will not kill it, but will give it some aesthetic changes, LED lights, some minor feature upgrades and launch it. Question is, when?
It says BS6 Jazz, and not All New Jazz – that means it could be an update on the old Jazz, to be sold alongside the old City.
Old 2nd July 2020, 06:52   #248
BHPian

Yes indeed. My reply was to the post where it said Jazz will be discontinued. They are not launching the latest Jazz. Honda will just tweak some features in the existing car and launch it mostly by Aug first week.
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:14   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

New Honda HR-V launch postponed to 2021 for the Japanese market:

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-20200703_vezel.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-20200703_vezel1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:07   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I sincerely believe Honda should launch it in India first. Don't think people will remember the brand Honda when it comes by 2022.

This looks awesome and can emerge as a good competitor to both the sisters (Creta and Seltos).
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:15   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks to me like a morph of X5, Previous gen Captiva, previous gen Santa Fe and the CR-V!

I wonder why more and more cars have their roof lines ending well before the hatch/rear bumper. This creates a very slanted/raked rear window & lesser overall volume in the rear part of the car. (Which of course is better for AC's efficiency with lesser air volume to cool.) Is this done for some aerodynamics or safety reasons in the design?
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:20   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Honda NEEDS to launch this in India. This is the easiest decision! ROI seems massive here.

1. Launch the HR-V in India; will appeal to not just enthusiasts. It will finally bring some footfall in the Honda showrooms.
2. Launch Civic Petrol with a Manual stick; keep the engine same if you want, just launch with a 6 speed Manual gearbox.
3. Launch City Diesel with an Automatic gear; even CVT is okay.
4. Launch Civic Diesel with an Automatic gear; just do it!
5. Launch the Jazz; don't change anything, bring it back, reduce price by a few thousand rupees.
6. Launch WR-V RS with the 1.5L iVTEC; give it the older one (4th Gen City) and launch as an RS version (let the current one also continue) with increased price tag.

Honda should really consider the above, in that order. It can really redeem itself. It's not as if they don't have the resources/technology or the market (I'm a Honda fanboy), but they are STUPID. Honda should write a case study on how to kill a brand in one of the best markets; and Kia should write on how to create one.
bansal.sushant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 13:53   #253
BHPian

It sometimes makes me think based on their recent decisions, Honda India leadership are actively sabotaging the brand for no reason. Just saying that their decisions are that bad that one could suspect a sabotage.

Honda actively for years were acting like Indian market is just too peasant for their mid range premium vehicles. Kia, Hyundai, Jeep, MG etc. have shown them how wrong they were/are.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 4th July 2020 at 13:57.
Old 4th July 2020, 14:15   #254
BHPian

Size wise HRV looks perfect for Indian roads. Very much proportionate. Not like new gen Amaze. I managed to took some pics when I visited Malaysia last November.
Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img_20191126_104318.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img_20191125_101519.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img_20191125_101533.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img_20191125_101547.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img_20191125_101600.jpg
K_Drive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 22:54   #255
BHPian

Australia Honda HR-V 2021 review. Looking at the review the new City feels heavily loaded as per Honda standards.
Checkout the review here.

Most Viewed