Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2017, 01:56   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is this the new version? Or are we getting the current generation itself?
No confirmation on this yet, but I suspect it will be the latest model, if they are thinking of a 2018 launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
IMO the brainy heads at Honda might position it in touching distance of tiguan/kodiaq and just brutally murder it at launch.
Nope.

The Tiguan will come close to the Fortuner/Endeavour in terms of pricing, while the Kodiaq will be placed at a premium above the Fortuner/Endeavour.

The HR-V will be positioned as a challenger to the Creta/Duster, but might be priced at a slight premium over these 2 cars. (BHPian Simhi has it spot-on)

It will slot below the CR-V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
the XR-V looks that much more premium, that much more special and tugs the heart's strings
No chance.

Like BHPian CarGuyNish said, the XR-V is a China-specific model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirdesai View Post
With respect to the diesel the NVH levels going by Honda's history would be one of the key things to watch out for.
Be sure that it will come with the same 1.5L i-DTEC, albeit retuned or with a bigger turbo to produce slightly better power/torque figures than the Amaze/Jazz/WR-V/City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
So I am expecting HR-V price range to start somewhere near City VX i.e 13.5 lacs and go up to 17 lacs.
Spot on.

Quite close to what the indications are at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Thank you to the Most Dedicated & Friendly BHPian of Team BHP.
You are quite welcome.

Quote:
If the reviews of that 1.6 iDTEC is anything to go by, you'll be surprised at how much that engine is quiet & refined compared to rivals
I doubt that they would be able to localise the 1.6L i-DTEC within this short time frame. In all likelihood, the HR-V and the Civic might share the same 1.5L i-DTEC, either retuned to produce more power or with a bigger turbo.

I am sure that they will reserve the localised 1.6L i-DTEC, in it's 118BHP avatar, for their future flagship SUV offering - the 7-seater CR-V.

Quote:
Engine options will mostly likely be 1.5 iVTEC & 2.0 iVTEC.
1.5L i-VTEC from the City is a given. Not too sure the 2.0L version will come here.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 11:45   #47
BHPian

The 1.5 i-DTEC will just not cut it in the HR-V. The Creta's 1.6 CRDi is far better in terms of refinement and performance. The i-DTEC is more efficient but that's not of much importance for this segment.

Honda must get the 1.6 i-DTEC, especially if it's going to be priced at a premium above the Creta/Duster.
Also, internationally the HR-V is sold with a 1.8l i-VTEC engine and I hope they get the same to India too. That'll truly make it a 'premium' offering.

My guess for it's pricing is 75k-1lac above the Creta. The City is already overlapping with Creta and Honda surely wouldn't want to cannibalise its bread and butter model. This is why I'm hoping for the above mentioned engines to justify the pricing.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 19th March 2017 at 11:49.
Old 19th March 2017, 12:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I doubt that they would be able to localise the 1.6L i-DTEC within this short time frame. In all likelihood, the HR-V and the Civic might share the same 1.5L i-DTEC, either retuned to produce more power or with a bigger turbo.

I am sure that they will reserve the localised 1.6L i-DTEC, in it's 118BHP avatar, for their future flagship SUV offering - the 7-seater CR-V.

1.5L i-VTEC from the City is a given. Not too sure the 2.0L version will come here.
The 1.5idtec still has an FGT turbo in its current 100BHP setup. Honda can use a VGT in the same engine with a larger intercooler and associated changes to give it a healthy bump of additional horses. Similar to Fiat 1.3FGT 75HP and 1.3VGT 90HP or the Renault 1.5K9K which is an old tech 2 valve but still with power ratings from 68BHP to 110BHP.

Honda should stick with the 1.5 engine and work on it and at the same time develop 2.0 idtec for larger vehicles. They have a 2.2idtec but a 2.0 would be ideal for our country thinking about possibility of future bans.

The 1.6IDTEC if introduced will be in no mans land, its too big to enjoy sub 4 meter benefits and too small for a Civic platform vehicle.

For WRV 1.5idtec current state.
For HRV 1.5idtec with VGT.
For CRV, Civic 2.0 or 2.2 idtec

Last edited by Sankar : 19th March 2017 at 12:53.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 20:20   #49
BHPian

Great decision from Honda.

Domo arigato honda San

Like they stopped the Mobilio. Honda should take a decision to slowly take out BR-V out of the portfolio and limit that platform only to Brio and Amaze.
This will make a good space for HR-V to be placed competitively and take head on with Creta

Last edited by ampere : 20th March 2017 at 00:12. Reason: Formatted Post.
motor spirit is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th March 2017, 21:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
limit that platform only to brio and amaze
This will make a good space for HR-V to be placed competitively and take head on with creta
While I wish Honda would do that, but in reality they won't & they have some reasons (not so obvious) for that.

They have already said that Mobilio doesn't comply with with Safety regulations, while the same company sells 2 cars with same face & identical front structure in Brio & Amaze. Now what will you call this statement ?

Coming to BR-V, they will say that it's a SUV with 7 Seat option at a price above the City. Since it's an SUV, they can't discontinue it.

Now, coming to HR-V, they'll simply try & say that it's positioning will be above BR-V since it is more Premium & a Global Model.

While the HR-V is really good, I hope Honda doesn't overprice it. They can charge some premium over rivals just like they have done with City, but I don't want it to be like WR-V.

Here in Pune, the WR-V VX Diesel (12.00 L) is 83k more then Ecosport Titanium Diesel (11.17 L). I have not liked Honda's pricing strategy at all, except City all thier other cars are priced way above competition & are showing the poor numbers.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 19th March 2017 at 21:06.
Old 19th March 2017, 23:35   #51
BHPian

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th March 2017 at 09:21.
motor spirit is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th March 2017, 08:14   #52
MCR
BHPian

This is good news!

But Honda has to Price this on par with Creta or slightly higher with good build and premium interiors. If they price this on par with Tucson, then this will be another disaster.
To compete with Creta they would need to play with the engine and Specs according to the market need. They cannot continue to have the same Engine + Gearbox combination like BR-V.

Lets See!
Old 20th March 2017, 11:26   #53
BHPian

This is amazing news , Anything less than 20 lacs OTR Bangalore I would be first one to book the car . I think a petrol automatic top end would cost a lac more than Creta . I was looking at the feature list for current generation in Malaysia website and I expect this to priced at a much more premium.
Old 20th March 2017, 17:35   #54
BHPian

It's a welcome move indeed. But looking at the future models like Toyota CH-R, I believe HRV will have fight with CH-R. Anyway, HRV will be priced higher than creta. So competition will shift between toyota vs honda.
Old 20th March 2017, 17:52   #55
BHPian

BR-V is already priced in Creta range and I don't think they would again price HR-V in that range . My guess is that HR-V would sit between top end city and top end CR-V which is around 18 and 35 lacs respectively . I expect the prices to be around 25 lacs for HR-V . Just hope Honda discontinues BR-V and then price HR-V sanely , which I don't think would happen.
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
It's a welcome move indeed. But looking at the future models like Toyota CH-R, I believe HRV will have fight with CH-R. Anyway, HRV will be priced higher than creta. So competition will shift between toyota vs honda.
Toyota CH-R is in a league of its own, as far as looks are concerned. Next to it, HRV / Creta look hopelessly old. If priced right, it would blow every other car there is in market, few segments above and below. Provided Toyota doesn't water down those concept looks. This is how premium hatchbacks should look, though Toyota would call it mini-SUV or crossover or whatever, in keeping with the trend these days. It would be best looking Toyota, across its entire product range.

Last edited by pgsagar : 20th March 2017 at 18:02.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:10   #57
MCR
BHPian

Pricing the HR-V in the Toyota Crysta price band will be disastrous. Why? It's quiet simple. One, HR-V is a compact SUV. Two, Crysta is miles ahead in terms of perceived quality and reliability. Three, Hexa sits just a notch below Crysta and is enjoying its moment of sunshine. Four, the missing third row. Five, does Honda have other engines and transmissions on the India roadmap?
Considering the above points, it's better if it's priced in Creta price band.
Old 20th March 2017, 18:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Crysta is miles ahead in terms of perceived quality and reliability.
How do you know that HR-V is less Premium (Quality) & less Reliable ?

Apart from those design of AC Vents, no other bit(s) in cabin have been criticized. Whether HR-V is more reliable or Crysta, we'll have to wait for ownership experience to decide that. Going by the Innova Crysta's Niggles thread, i don't think Toyota will be in a position to justify its reliability tag unlike Old Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
it's better if it's priced in Creta price band.
Everyone would love that, but whether Honda positions it against Cr(e)/(ys)ta remains to be seen. We'll know that as launch nears.

If Final Product is as good as what we have seen in pictures, the premium price (1-2 lakhs above Creta) would be justifiable.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 20:17   #59
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
How do you know that HR-V is less Premium (Quality) & less Reliable ?

Apart from those design of AC Vents, no other bit(s) in cabin have been criticized. Whether HR-V is more reliable or Crysta, we'll have to wait for ownership experience to decide that. Going by the Innova Crysta's Niggles thread, i don't think Toyota will be in a position to justify its reliability tag unlike Old Innova.

Everyone would love that, but whether Honda positions it against Cr(e)/(ys)ta remains to be seen. We'll know that as launch nears.

If Final Product is as good as what we have seen in pictures, the premium price (1-2 lakhs above Creta) would be justifiable.
"Perception" is the key word here.

I have no where in my post mentioned that HR-V is not premium nor not reliable. I have just mentioned the reasons why Crysta is the king of the segment. I have tried to highlight the tremendous challenge this car faces, especially in terms of pricing and engine options.

Everybody knows that final judgement is based on numbers and precisely on this count alone, Crysta is a clear winner.

I know that neither of us can make the judgement on the price point of this car, so chill.
Old 20th March 2017, 20:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

I am astonished that people are talking about 20L and comparing the Vezel aka H-RV to the Innova and the likes. Is it not based out of a City/Jazz platform? What will be its usp for something that sells at 20L odd? The Innova gets a stonking 2.8 Auto and everything else including an extra row seats vs what? A 1.5 Diesel with 2 rows of seats and a sun roof? Yes now the top City goes for 16-17L but even that is priced way beyond its capabilities. Fine, so they are gunning for the over priced Creta. But its worth remembering that then the 1.6 petrol base model of the Creta with basic safety features is around 10-11L here in Navi Mumbai. Its only a top of the Line diesel Creta that is over priced at 17L odd.

Last edited by SPARKled : 20th March 2017 at 20:37.
SPARKled is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks