Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 09:36   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V

Honda is still studying the feasibility of launching the HR-V in India. If given the nod expect a 2020 launch.

Quote:
We are receiving a lot of enquiries... and are making an assessment. It can be one of the options for India as we reinforce our SUV portfolio here
Quote:
The HR-V may be available in both petrol and diesel options —1.5-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel. The market is shifting to SUVs and we are strongly following the trend."

Link
Old 13th February 2018, 09:43   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda is still studying the feasibility of launching the HR-V in India. If given the nod expect a 2020 launch.
They had the right product at the right time but still gave Hyundai the first mover advantage.

Now, with 2020 launch consideration - they are making sure the segment gets crowded and competition will become fierce - with Kia, TATA and Jeep launching their new products.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th February 2018 at 09:45.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 11:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Its laughable that they are still studying the feasibility as of 2017. I have been reading this news for a couple of years. Cant they see the success of Creta , XUV and now the Compass.

The HRV is not as premium as Honda thinks it really is for the Indian market. Really sad state of affairs in the Honda camp where in the bosses decided that BRV would fill in the gap when the HRV should have been the ideal launch back in 2016.
cediaowner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 12:35   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda HR-V face-lift in Japan. Speculated launch on 15th Feb.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-hondahrvfacelift2018merah630x473.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-hondahrvfacelift2018putih.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-interiorhondahrvfacelift2018630x473.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-lampuseinsekuensialhrv.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 23:09   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
Its laughable that they are still studying the feasibility as of 2017. I have been reading this news for a couple of years. Cant they see the success of Creta , XUV and now the Compass.

The HRV is not as premium as Honda thinks it really is for the Indian market. Really sad state of affairs in the Honda camp where in the bosses decided that BRV would fill in the gap when the HRV should have been the ideal launch back in 2016.
So true. Really silly move ! I sat in one in Singapore and you are right its as good as a Creta (not any better).
Hilariously its 2018 and they haven't still completed their feasibility study ! At this rate, they should just get the next generation HRV in 2019 (yep, thats when it gets replaced by an all new model)
Old 14th February 2018, 19:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

If they do launch it the Hybrid version should definitely be an option ! It will be a good differentiator for them with their late entery into the segment and with future electrification/hybridization plans
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:24   #97
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for the HRV to replace my current Jazz since the last year or so. My hope was that the car will come to India in 2018 and it will be showcased in the Auto Expo.

Now, with the Auto expo gone and no sign of the HRV, I am starting to lose hope. I am unable to understand the logic of Honda India. If they can launch the Civic which will sell at much lower numbers than a HRV would, why are they not bringing the HRV in India? Also, I am sure HRV will share the engine options and lot of parts with the Civic. So, there is economy of scale as well.
2020 seems too far in the future. May be I should start considering alternatives like the Jeep Compass.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:54   #98
BANNED

My guess is that Honda is unsure of the pricing strategy for HRV in India. They will be in real difficulty regarding the positioning too. They have to decide whether to peg it against Creta or against Compass or go for something in between. Not an easy situation. And to top that, Honda India is not having agressive management team by any standard.
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:05   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Now, with the Auto expo gone and no sign of the HRV, I am starting to lose hope.
Honda HR-V is not on priority as of now.

They are reviewing a compact to target the B SUV market, based on the Amaze platform which may take on Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Creta .
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

They are reviewing a compact to target the B SUV market, based on the Amaze platform which may take on Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Creta .
A single product cannot, IMHO, be a competitor to both the Vitara Brezza and Creta.

If Honda is considering something based on the Amaze platform, it should be a competitor to the Vitara Brezza due to size and cheapness. Which then leads to the question - what happens to the WR-V?
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:02   #101
BHPian

Quote:

So instead of bringing in more premium product to justify Honda's image, they are building something on Amaze platform, which is based on Brio platform, which in itself is a cheap garbage. Looks like Honda has still not learnt its lessons and we Indians will gladly tutor Honda on what to manufacture and sell in India.
Old 10th May 2018, 21:52   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Birdies are chirping that the HR-V, in it's current or future avatars, won't be coming to our market. Apparently Honda India doesn't deem it feasible enough to be a part of it's future plans.

Instead, a HR-V based crossover SUV which will use the HR-V's top hat riding on the all-new Amaze's platform (2UA/2UB) seems to be finalised for India.

The BS-VI compatible 1.5L i-DTEC is most likely to be one of the engine options. Honda is studying the feasibility of localising an all-new 1.0L turbocharged petrol engine for this Creta/Duster rival, while it is working on a more efficient & future norms compliant 1.5L petrol as well.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 22:27   #103
Team-BHP Support

So Honda trying to do a Kaptur, basically?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 22:39   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
So Honda trying to do a Kaptur, basically?
Spot on! Complete with the premium pricing, most probably. Sad part is - the strategy might just work for Honda, unlike Renault. .

That said, glad to see some renewed interest from Honda towards the Indian market. Hope this makes Toyota bring their crossovers to India - like the CHR or Rush.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 22:43   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdies are chirping that the HR-V, in it's current or future avatars, won't be coming to our market. Apparently Honda India doesn't deem it feasible enough to be a part of it's future plans.
Don’t know why they think Indians will not buy an expensive suv. When Creta can sell at a premium than what it offer, even Jeep Compass then what market study have Honda done ? Recently I had written to Honda Car India to explain why haven’t they introduced Amaze CVT in the top variant ? To which they replied that this decision was made based on market survey. Not sure who conduct surveys for them. They are not in sync with what their clients want hence Maruti and Hyundai are laughing their way to the bank.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks