Gotta love the interior
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-4.jpg  

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-7.jpg  

John is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 00:54   #17
BHPian

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V in 2017

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th March 2016 at 13:52.
pamiboy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th March 2016, 01:00   #18
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If Honda changed its mind on the HR-V, there's only one reason and it's called the CRETA. Every couple of months, we hear of Hyundai revising the Creta's production upward. The latest figures are a whopping ~12,000 a month! That's damn impressive for a 10+ lakh SUV.
That, is the difference between how a "leader" thinks, and how a follower thinks. Honda's success with the cut-rent Amaze may have unfortunately reinforced some of their self perceptions that India is a market for only under-specified, budget vehicles.

Once the first batch of buyers start seeing the 100,000 Km/ 5 year mark, we will start learning about what the quality of their best-selling vehicles is all about
Contrapunto is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 08:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Good decision! It's about time that Honda brings back their global portfolio to India. Not so long ago when Honda was deemed as premium, the City used to be the entry level model, followed by the likes of Civic, Accord and CR-V. And come 2016, we have the City as the top of the range (if we ignore the minuscule presence of CR-V). They can infact look up at Hyundai in managing the Indian line-up.
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 11:05   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Gotta love the interior
Looks sweet! After seeing only budget / quirky interiors from their new launches, I kind of forgot that Honda is capable of nice interiors (as was the case with my Civic).

Only thing I found weird is the triple vent arrangement in front of the passenger.

That'll freeze the front passenger to death. Even if he directs the right-most vent to the rear, it won't be as effective as vents conventionally placed on the center fascia.

Of course, this can be solved via rear a/c vents, but still, 3 vents right in front of the dude riding shotgun? Don't see any air volume control either .
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 11:14   #21
Team-BHP Support

Very welcome move. I hope this is the first move taken by Yoichiro Ueno as the new CEO of Honda India.

Hopefully, this marks the shift towards the revival of the real Honda we used to see. HRV looks like a very competent vehicle to take on the Creta, if priced right.

Quote:
3 vents right in front of the dude riding shotgun? Don't see any air volume control either .
From a design point of view, I love it. Looks quirky and a bit retro!

But what would be the necessity of such a design? Can see two big dedicated vents for the driver as well. Infact, almost half the dashboard space is occupied by the a/c vents itself.

PS - Got to love the driver centric design of the dashboard. The way the touchscreen and a/c controls are angled towards the driver is just delicious!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th March 2016 at 11:16.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 11:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
What a sight for sore eyes! The HR-V seems to be a proper Honda. It's got the quality too. Internationally, the HR-V comes with a 1.6L diesel under the hood. Am pretty sure we'll get the 1.5L, although I hope its tuned up for more power.
Hate going against the grain on this but now that Honda is committed to bringing the BR-V first, positioning the HR-V is going to be an struggle for Honda. Don't get me wrong, I just checked out the HR-V on the US website and it is a stunning vehicle and would have been very successful if launched in 2013 at the Creta price point.

Problem that Honda will be saddled with, in my opinion, is that the BR-V is a bigger vehicle (not as polished as the HR-V) in all dimensions and will be substantially cheaper with similar performance - since the HR-V can max have the Honda 1.6L diesel. Don't know how many will pay a 3-4 lakh premium for a smaller car from the same stable just for higher quality interiors. It might turn out to be as successful as the CR-V, i.e. selling dozens every month.

Last edited by GTO : 7th March 2016 at 11:43. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Asifgrkhan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 15:06   #23
BHPian

This is a sensible move from Honda! With the CR-V available only in the petrol guise, it makes all sense to launch the HR-V with the same 1.5 liter diesel engine maybe with some fin tuning for better power.

Off topic - If Rumors (from Honda dealers in Bangalore) are to be believed, Honda may seize production of the Mobilio soon and make way for the BR-V
Old 7th March 2016, 16:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

HRV is a nice option comparing to BRV (which looks like a modified Mobilio), but what is the expected price?

It starts around $20000 in the USA, which is around 22% higher than Fit (Jazz). Jazz VX MT Petrol Bangalore ex-showroom price is 7.6 Lakhs. Adding 22% takes the figure to 9.25 Lakhs + another 50 K premium takes the price to 9.75 Lakhs - which is a good price.

Looking at the current Honda offerings in India, Honda cannot charge premium over Hyundai Creta.

But if they keep Mobilio, launch BRV, and position HRV above both - Don't even think launching it here.

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th March 2016 at 16:36.
Old 7th March 2016, 17:57   #25
BHPian

My guess is that it would cost more than Creta if you are looking at features and other stuffs , 1.5 i-Vtec petrol is very frugal compared to other engines and just reading the UK brochure and it lists maximum mileage of 25kmpl on highways . With CVT and paddle shift my guess is it would cost close Creta. With new budget prices top end petrol would cost no less than 15lac OTR Bangalore. If they give all features listed in UK brochure my guess is that it would cost close to 20lacs OTR bangalore.

Anything below 15 lacs i expect lot of cost cutting
Old 8th March 2016, 12:28   #26
BHPian

The HR-V does look good. I hope they plonk the new 1.5 Turbo petrol engine under the hood if and when it comes here. The 1.5 NA petrol would be too unexciting for a 15+ lakh Rupee car.
Old 15th May 2016, 15:24   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's Next SUV HR-V is likely India bound.

Will plug the gap between BR-V and CR-V with the HR-V.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 15:48   #28
OSH
BHPian

Honda is all set to re-gain the premuim image it once had in the indian market, the future launches do look very promising. The Civic, Accord and HRV have not only got awesome exteriors but the interiors also seem to be leaps and bounds ahead of what they are offering right now. HRV surely has a much better SUVish stance than the BRV and also the interiors look like they will win many hearts.

I think all these launches should be made at very competitive prices just like what Tata did with the Tiago, this should give that starting push in sale numbers.

On a side note, Honda faces production constraints now and then, which forces them to stop production of one car to give priority to the other. With the launch of so many new vehicles in the near future how are they going to manage deliveries without long waiting periods ?
Old 15th May 2016, 16:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
The HR-V does look good. I hope they plonk the new 1.5 Turbo petrol engine under the hood if and when it comes here. The 1.5 NA petrol would be too unexciting for a 15+ lakh Rupee car.
I test drove the HR-V here in Australia while looking for my first set of wheels and while the interiors are nice (touch controls for the aircon notwithstanding), the 1.8 litre engine along with CVT felt just adequate and the driving experience as a whole was pretty unexciting. It is expensive too with the top end model costing around $35k driveaway and no all wheel drive. For 37k's you can get a fully loaded VW Tiguan here with the 2.0 liter turbo petrol, more equipment and AWD. I do not see how Honda can price it below 17 lakhs. I hope Honda plonks the new 1.5 turbo engine which will make it a much better drive.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 08:02   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Will plug the gap between BR-V and CR-V with the HR-V.
Just had a quick glance at the UK website to compare BRV with the current Indian Creta. Seems similar in dimensions, engines and features (if we remove the radar assisted safety, LED headlamps and panoramic sunroof which wouldn't make it to our market). Even more so if they plonk in the Indian 1.5 iVTec and 1.5 iDTec.

But BRV is already priced in Creta territory. What am I missing?

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-1464229873809.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed