Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 09:08   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just had a quick glance at the UK website to compare BRV with the current Indian Creta. Seems similar in dimensions, engines and features (if we remove the radar assisted safety, LED headlamps and panoramic sunroof which wouldn't make it to our market). Even more so if they plonk in the Indian 1.5 iVTec and 1.5 iDTec.

But BRV is already priced in Creta territory. What am I missing?
I would say it would be more of an unrealistic expectation to think that the HR-V will sit in the Creta territory. With Hyundai readying the Tucson, the HR-V indeed will have a slightly upmarket segment to fit in. That said, in our market where size/quantity drives value, Honda will have a bit of a task to get it right. Hopefully the product quality takes precedence over size and third row seating.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 10:02   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks sweet! After seeing only budget / quirky interiors from their new launches, I kind of forgot that Honda is capable of nice interiors (as was the case with my Civic).

Only thing I found weird is the triple vent arrangement in front of the passenger.

That'll freeze the front passenger to death. Even if he directs the right-most vent to the rear, it won't be as effective as vents conventionally placed on the center fascia.

Of course, this can be solved via rear a/c vents, but still, 3 vents right in front of the dude riding shotgun? Don't see any air volume control either .
I think the air volume control is the up and down arrow on the left side of the control panel.

I agree that this looks plusher than most Honda interiors but I feel its still quite quirky. The screen and the button panel are peculiarly misaligned. The passenger side air vents add to the aesthetic quirkiness.

Even the Gen 2 City felt better quality than the current Gen City. The last Gen CRV felt plusher than the current gen CRV.

Internationally, the 10th Gen Civic is the only car that reminds me of why I love my Honda Civic. Apart from that, while Hyundai has tried to reach closer to Western quality levels, Honda on the other hand has gone closer Maruti and erstwhile Hyundai.

Almost every product offering of theirs feels under-equipped / lower on quality than its direct competitors. Be it Brio, Jazz, Mobilio, City, BR-V, or at some level even CRV (the CRV less so perhaps).

Even the driving experience is now more and more underwhelming. The driving pleasure of the Honda Civic was unmatched compared to its competition. Today, for almost every Honda A/T I can think of another closely priced A/T option that is more fun to drive.

Creta D/AT better to drive than B-RV A/T.
Polo GT TSI better to drive than Jazz / Amaze.
Baleno A/T overall probably better than Brio A/T (although direct competitor probably G-i10.
Vento TSI / TDI (A/T) better to drive than City A/T

Time for Honda to wake up and make desirable cars again.

What I'd like to see from them to once again perceive them as cutting edge high quality leading manufacturer:

A well priced, well equipped, fun to drive and desirable HR-V and Civic (10th Gen).

A new Gen Accord with a credible Hybrid option.

A better finished CRV and City (better equipped City too).

Start from there and take the quality across the board!

EDIT: Re pricing, my guess is if they bring it to India, they'd on road price this in the 16-22 lakh range.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th May 2016 at 10:12.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 12:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

EDIT: Re pricing, my guess is if they bring it to India, they'd on road price this in the 16-22 lakh range.
When the HRV launches, my estimate is that they will price it at 25 Lakhs. By then the BRV will cost 18~20 OTR, HRV close to 25~28 Lakhs OTR and CRV around 30~32 Lakhs. This is for the top end versions.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 01:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I would say it would be more of an unrealistic expectation to think that the HR-V will sit in the Creta territory. With Hyundai readying the Tucson, the HR-V indeed will have a slightly upmarket segment to fit in.
Yes. And I'm trying to understand what makes them think HRV can take on Tucson and avoid all comparisons with Creta.

Size is similar to Creta.
Features are more or less similar to Creta.
Platform is based on Jazz, similar to i20 platform of Creta.
Engines are comparable to Creta.

So how would it compete against Tucson? It's a path Yeti has taken and not met with much of a success.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 10:39   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes. And I'm trying to understand what makes them think HRV can take on Tucson and avoid all comparisons with Creta.

Size is similar to Creta.
Features are more or less similar to Creta.
Platform is based on Jazz, similar to i20 platform of Creta.
Engines are comparable to Creta.

So how would it compete against Tucson? It's a path Yeti has taken and not met with much of a success.
Size yes, but the HR-V looks and feel like what a Honda should be; it is a quality product unlike the emerging market models which Honda is trying its luck with. I have traveled in the HR-V as a passenger and it feels more aligned to a CR-V than a City or Jazz. Yeti’s case was different. There was nothing like it when it was launched, and because of its SUV tag it was compared to the likes of Fortuner (on a price point and size) and was immediately dismissed as a dud. The scene is quite different now, and I can see a new segment of small luxury cross-overs with the arrival of Tucson (and HR-V, Kaptur etc.). Even the Yeti would have probably worked if it was launched now.
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 22:44   #36
BHPian

Is honda xrv which launched in chengdu motor show is Indian version hrv or xrv?
Can someone give me more info on this?
Old 18th March 2017, 13:17   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

A very reliable Honda birdie tweets that Honda India has commenced production of the HR-V.

The HR-V project is now classified as "high priority", which means it could come before the all-new Civic.

Expect a launch in early 2018.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:55   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A very reliable Honda birdie tweets that Honda India has commenced production of the HR-V.

Is this the new version? Or are we getting the current generation itself?

Internationally, HRV was launched in 2013, so a new generation is due in 2018 as per Honda product life cycle of five years.
Old 18th March 2017, 14:40   #39
BHPian

With the recent pricing trends of Honda and its a self 'premium' appeal, I have to be an extreme optimist to expect the pricing of HR-V atleast similar to Creta. IMO the brainy heads at Honda might position it in touching distance of tiguan/kodiaq and just brutally murder it at launch.
Old 18th March 2017, 14:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well, I guess Honda would be spending time better, if they could make the XR-V from China, instead of putting in all their efforts on the HR-V. Well, nothing wrong with the HR-V as such, but the XR-V looks that much more premium, that much more special and tugs the heart's strings...

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honda_xrv_4.jpg

The sharp nose on the XR-V makes it look much smarter and butch. Also, the shoulder line is nice and taut and looks European (Irony: the China specific model is more European here ) And, those alloys looks way better!

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honda_hrv_xrv_side_view_1.jpg

Same story here.... in front of the smart looking XR-V, the HR-V looks bulbous and a tad bit dated too.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honda_hrv_xrv_rear_view_21.jpg

As a bonus, the XR-V also addresses the air vent problem we had been discussing in the previous page, while still retaining the premium looks.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honda_hrv_xrv_interior_1.jpg

Both got very annoying-to-type names though

Last edited by aravind.anand : 18th March 2017 at 14:44.
aravind.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:01   #41

Quote:
I just hope Honda prices it sensibly by increasing the local content and brings in the turbo petrol. With respect to the diesel the NVH levels going by Honda's history would be one of the key things to watch out for.

Given the SUV craze of our countrymen it probably is the right decision to prioritise it over the Civic.

If they price it like the Tuscon then Honda will surely have one more dud to add in its long list of failure.

The fit and finish also would be of importance. Recent launches including the facelifted City do have parts especially with respect to the interiors that leave a lot to be desired.

Honda better hurry up. Both HR-V and Civic are already half way or more through their global life cycle. Don't want a dated model with Honda's premium pricing strategy to boot
mihirdesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 21:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
With the recent pricing trends of Honda and its self 'premium' appeal, I have to be an extreme optimist to expect the pricing of HR-V atleast similar to Creta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirdesai View Post
If they price it like the Tuscon then Honda will surely have one more dud to add in its long list of failure.
In my opinion, they will price it above Creta but below Tucson. I am making this judgement based on City and HR-V prices in Malyasia.

Converting ex-showroom prices of City and HR-V in Malyasia from Malaysian Ringgit to INR (exchange rate of 15)
City: Rs. 10.65 lacs to Rs. 12.45 lacs
HR-V: Rs. 13.80 lacs to Rs. 16.65 lacs

In India, Creta petrol model prices overlap with City ( +/- 50K). So I am expecting HR-V price range to start somewhere near City VX i.e 13.5 lacs and go up to 17 lacs.

So a guesstimate on India ex-showroom pricing considering only 2 variants
HR-V S Model: 13 to 14 lacs
HR-V VX Model: 16.5 to 17.5 lacs
Simhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 21:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the new version? Or are we getting the current generation itself?

Internationally, HRV was launched in 2013, so a new generation is due in 2018 as per Honda product life cycle of five years.
It would be ridiculous to bring the current generation in 2018 when we will all read about the new one being launched in Thailand, Singapore, Australia & Malaysia ! Honda India has brought in their new models into India in the past and we can expect them to use their brains as far as this one is concerned !
Old 18th March 2017, 22:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The HR-V project is now classified as "high priority", which means it could come before the all-new Civic.

Wow, I can't believe what I am reading. Thank you to the Most Dedicated & Friendly BHPian of Team BHP.

When I read this in morning, I couldn't believe my eyes, my heart was pumping like a sprinter, I couldn't control my emotions, all this happened in few minutes. I was at a conference BTW.

Why this much of enthusiasm, just because this is the most practical & very attractive Honda I have ever liked since it's unveil in 2013 as Vezel. Yes, I do love other Honda's, but not as much as this.

I wanted Honda India to launch this one in 2013/14 itself, but they delayed it citing 'High Costs' as reason. Finally, they have realized that SUVs are main attraction in Indian Market & fooling Indians with such statements isn't an easy thing & as a result, they have launched 2 such products in less then 1 year.

I will wait for this one, it surely suits me very much. A 5 Seater with Sedan like Handling & SUV like practicality in a size tad bigger then Premium Hatchbacks. I am not the only one, many are just like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
With the recent pricing trends of Honda and its a self 'premium' appeal, I have to be an extreme optimist to expect the pricing of HR-V atleast similar to Creta. IMO the brainy heads at Honda might position it in touching distance of tiguan/kodiaq and just brutally murder it at launch.
Honda won't do that, it won't be as cheap as Creta but will be slightly above that. They can't price it above 30 lakhs, if so what's the purpose of bringing it. I hope Honda doesn't make this HR-V as another WR-V.

To rival the Tiguan & Kodiaq, Honda has CR-V which will again be launched sometime next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Well, I guess Honda would be spending time better, if they could make the XR-V from China, instead of putting in all their efforts on the HR-V. Well, nothing wrong with the HR-V as such, but the XR-V looks that much more premium, that much more special and tugs the heart's strings...
XR-V Unlikely to come here since it's a China Specific Model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirdesai View Post
With respect to the diesel the NVH levels going by Honda's history would be one of the key things to watch out for.

The fit and finish also would be of importance. Recent launches including the facelifted City do have parts especially with respect to the interiors that leave a lot to be desired.
If the reviews of that 1.6 iDTEC is anything to go by, you'll be surprised at how much that engine is quiet & refined compared to rivals as well as the 1.5 iDTEC.

Regarding Fit & Finish, the HR-V scores well here, and no one has criticized it's Interiors regarding quality & design. Only the Air vents in front of passenger side was not liked by some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
In my opinion, they will price it above Creta but below Tucson.

So a guesstimate on India ex-showroom pricing considering only 2 variants
HR-V S Model: 13 to 14 lacs
HR-V VX Model: 16.5 to 17.5 lacs
They will mostly do that. It will work I guess.

Engine options will mostly likely be 1.5 iVTEC & 2.0 iVTEC. Diesel, I am not sure !

On a side note, would like to know the opinion of HR-V from BHPian smartcat by comparison with his BR-V. Why this ? Because both HR-V & BR-V are likely to feature 1.5 Petrol with CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
It would be ridiculous to bring the current generation in 2018 when we will all read about the new one being launched in Thailand, Singapore, Australia & Malaysia ! Honda India has brought in their new models into India in the past and we can expect them to use their brains as far as this one is concerned !
Are you sure that new HR-V is being launched ? We haven't seen any test mules, announcements, sketches, teasers of new HR-V till now.

I think you are taking about New 2017 CR-V, which is scheduled for launch in Thailand on March 29. Subsequently it will be launched in other markets including India.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 23:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Wow, I can't believe what I am reading. Thank you to the Most Dedicated & Friendly BHPian of Team BHP.
Sir I think you completely misunderstood. The new HRV/vezel is to be launched in 2018 worldwide and I hope Honda brings in the next gen model onto india and not the current generation which will be a generation old when launched in india

Last edited by ampere : 19th March 2017 at 03:05. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks