Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2020, 14:01   #226
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V

2016 (when this thread started) rumour and still a rumour while the Kia signed the MOU in 2017, built the factory, started production and is selling more than 10k vehicles per month.
vigneshA is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:04   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Most of the times, Honda kills it's product by price.
This is a valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Climbing the sales chart is not easy and once you are there you shouldn't give up. It takes lot of effort again reach to the same position.
This may not be so difficult as they are a well-known brand in India and as a brand they won't be a new entry. If they launch a good product, people will go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
2016 (when this thread started) rumour and still a rumour while the Kia signed the MOU in 2017, built the factory, started production and is selling more than 10k vehicles per month.
Brutal Truth
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:02   #228
Senior - BHPian

Honda HR-V has been spotted once again at the brands Tapukara facility in Rajasthan.
Source :Gaadiwaadi.
Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-smartselect_20200316135850_instagram.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-smartselect_20200316135905_instagram.jpg
https://gaadiwaadi.com/honda-hr-v-su...n-india-again/
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:19   #229
Senior - BHPian

The suspense is killing me! I really want them to launch HR-V here! Also, price it well - exactly matching Compass 16L - 22L (S/V/Vx/Zx) range for 2WD. Honda can sell 1000-1200 a month easily if the car is like CR-V and not BR-V! (you know what I mean)

Honda also have a chance to bring the attention back to C+ segment if they make a compelling case with City pricing!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:33   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
The suspense is killing me! I really want them to launch HR-V here! Also, price it well - exactly matching Compass 16L - 22L (S/V/Vx/Zx) range for 2WD. Honda can sell 1000-1200 a month easily if the car is like CR-V and not BR-V! (you know what I mean)
IMO - if they want to price it on par & take on the Compass - they have to bring the next gen HR-V (Vezel) and not the current generation.

The current one looks like a large hatchback crossover and not like a crossover SUV that we Indians like. When buying an SUV in our country, looks trump utility, value & features. It must look larger & butch. Current one doesn't. At the same price as a Compass - I myself will go for the Compass, even with its poor FE compared to what a Honda would generally give.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 23:11   #231
BHPian

I hope the top management wakes up from the deep slumber they are sitting in right now and get the H-RV as soon as possible.If the VW group can launch the T-Roc and Karoq as CBUs then I guess the HR-V also can and also price it lower than the VWs.

If they do this it would surely sell in large numbers for sure.I may sound harsh to enthusiasts here, but I feel the civic should be replaced with the H-RV considering :

1.SUVs/Crossovers are the current trend
2.How they spoiled the Civic with a CVT which cannot exploit the chassis's true potential
TSIVTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 08:05   #232
Senior - BHPian

The HRV that I see here in Singapore and travel often since it’s a cabbie favourite is at best a Creta rival. Not sure why would anyone think it should be launched at Compass prices.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 08:20   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
If the VW group can launch the T-Roc and Karoq as CBUs then I guess the HR-V also can and also price it lower than the VWs.
Given how loaded the Creta and Seltos are the H-RV if imported might not sell well as it will draw comparisons. It would end up selling similar numbers as the CR-V. I think this is the analysis Honda also did and decided not to enter.

Skoda and VW strategy seems to be better - they would be releasing the India built Skoda Vision IN and VW Taigun twins sometime towards the end of the year or early next year. They already displayed the Vision In at the Auto Expo 2020.

All we have heard from Honda is the plans for a Sub-4m SUV based on Amaze platform for mid of next year (2021). So, my guess is they will plan for a Creta peer type of SUV to enter India only by 2022.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 17th March 2020 at 08:23.
Old 17th March 2020, 08:29   #234
BANNED

By Honda standards we will be discussing about launch of HR-V in 2025 also. I was under the impression that I’m a lazy guy, boy not anymore. Thank you Honda India.
The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 09:32   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Honda HR-V has been spotted once again at the brands Tapukara facility in Rajasthan.
Anyone has an idea about that Jazz parked next to the Red HR-V in the first pic. Could it be a BS-6 version!
Old 17th March 2020, 10:55   #236
BHPian

The Honda HR V has been a hit since launch (2015) in Malaysia.

If and when launched in India it would be in direct competition with Creta. And as i have driven a Creta in India for a Whole week on my trip back home in Jan 2020, i can confidently say that the Malaysian Spec HR V would beat the Creta in every area.

Honda Offer's HR V in 4 variants in Malaysia

1) HR-V 1.8L E – RM108,800
2) HR-V 1.8L V – RM118,800 - On Road - RM124,000
3) HR-V 1.8L RS – RM124,800
4) HR-V Sport Hybrid i-DCD – RM120,800

The V variant is the fastest selling variant.

My Personal View -
Pros.
1) Excellent Rare Seat. Almost as comfortable as my Tiguan.
2) Decent equipment list. (LED Lights, Start /Stop, Lane Watcher, Cruise Control. etc.
3) Responsive engine & CVT, good for Malaysian Highways and city traffic.
4) Love the paddle Shifter, small time-lapse in shifts but way way better than any Autobox with manual shifter.
5) Top on safety (6Air Bags, emergency Break, lane switcher warning and support) etc.
6) Cockpit is an amazing place to be.

Cons.
1) Infotainment System has some lags and still lacks Android and Apple Play.
2) CVT though well integrated, still has a bit of the rubber band effect.
3) Ride could have been a bit more sorted. when compared to the Kia or Subaru.
rajchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:14   #237
BHPian

A Honda that looks good and is in a hot (C-SUV) segment at competitive pricing?

Hell Nah! Honda don't want any of that.

I like other forum patrons here just don't understand why Honda which has brilliant cars in its stable ONLY relies on the City and to a lesser extent Civic to drive its numbers. It is almost as though it doesn't want business.
Old 17th March 2020, 11:45   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
True! Some interesting stats -

Mar 2016 (when this thread started):
Honda India - Sales 17,430 cars - 7.00% marketshare.

Feb 2020:
Kia Motors - Sales 15,644 cars - 6.24% marketshare.
Honda India - Sales 7,269 cars - 2.90% marketshare.

Almost 90% of Kia's sales come from the Seltos. There is no doubt that Honda's reluctance to bring in the HR-V has come them A LOT!

It is too late for this generation HR-V to be introduced here. Hope at least the next generation is made here with good amount of localization as a direct Creta / Seltos rival.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 12:29   #239
Senior - BHPian

Some info I got regarding HRV & Future Products from my sources at Honda.

Honda HRV is not launching here anytime soon. Next gen will be considered only if feasible. It is expected to be Unveiled sometime next year for US and Japanese markets.

The cars in the above picture are the ones from trial production Honda had made sometime in 2018.

Also, Honda will be concentrating on new City/Updated WRV/Amaze for now.

New Jazz is also not expected. Though Honda may replace it with City based hatch that'll launch next year in Thailand/Malaysia, again if it's feasible.

Next gen WRV will be more butch and will be more SUVish like Brezza, Amaze based sub 4m SUV will be replacement of Current WRV.

CRV facelift is expected towards end of this year or early next year.

Overall, a mixed bag for Honda prospect in India. They have completely ignored hot segments and didn't do well in segments that other did. New City will be big challenge for them.
CarguyNish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 14:35   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Some info I got regarding HRV & Future Products from my sources at Honda.

Honda HRV is not launching here anytime soon. Next gen will be considered only if feasible. It is expected to be Unveiled sometime next year for US and Japanese markets.

The cars in the above picture are the ones from trial production Honda had made sometime in 2018.

Also, Honda will be concentrating on new City/Updated WRV/Amaze for now.

New Jazz is also not expected. Though Honda may replace it with City based hatch that'll launch next year in Thailand/Malaysia, again if it's feasible.

Next gen WRV will be more butch and will be more SUVish like Brezza, Amaze based sub 4m SUV will be replacement of Current WRV.

CRV facelift is expected towards end of this year or early next year.

Overall, a mixed bag for Honda prospect in India. They have completely ignored hot segments and didn't do well in segments that other did. New City will be big challenge for them.

Thank you for the insights. Will they kill Jazz on march 31st or continue the current model with BS6 engines?

Most Viewed