Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 10:17   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

New pics of Rapid face lift surfaces,
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfacelift11024x576.jpg
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfacelift31024x576.jpg
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfacelift61024x576.jpg
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfaceliftinterior1024x576.jpg

Quote:
Inside, the Rapid facelift will get new fabrics for the seats, a new infotainment system with Mirrorlink, while other new features like rain sensing wipers, cruise control, front center armrest with rear AC vent, Climatronic-automatic AC with dust & pollen filter, electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs are also expected.
http://www.motoroids.com/news/images...ed-inside-out/

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th April 2016 at 10:23.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 14:52   #32
BHPian

Finally Skoda Rapid too getting its new family face. Nice of Skoda (entire VAG actually) that they consistently update their Product Line, but somehow I personally feel the new Rapid's face has some lack of consistency - There is a disconnect between the Headlamps and the Grill. Or is it just because of the White color?
Old 25th April 2016, 15:20   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While other new features like rain sensing wipers, cruise control, front center armrest with rear AC vent, Climatronic-automatic AC with dust & pollen filter, electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs are also expected..
Not sure why the things highlighted above are being called out as new features. They have already existed in the Rapid since late last year. In fact the Rapid got features like Auto Dimming IRVM and Rain sensing Wipers before the Vento.

An SA at Vinayak Skoda had told me that the refreshed Rapid will come with the 1.2 TSI+DSG Automatic as compared to the current Petrol 1.6 + 6 Speed TC AT. If true,that will be a good addition.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 25th April 2016 at 15:23.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 16:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Not sure why the things highlighted above are being called out as new features. They have already existed in the Rapid since late last year. In fact the Rapid got features like Auto Dimming IRVM and Rain sensing Wipers before the Vento.

An SA at Vinayak Skoda had told me that the refreshed Rapid will come with the 1.2 TSI+DSG Automatic as compared to the current Petrol 1.6 + 6 Speed TC AT. If true,that will be a good addition.
Has anyone used the 1.2TSI+DSG combo in a Skoda in particular? Can they throw light on any failures? The Skoda Octavia thread is filled with tales of 3-4 failures where the 1.8TSI+DSG combo is concerned.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th April 2016, 17:33   #35
BHPian

Skoda doesn't have a 1.2 TSI + DSG combo yet. It's available only on Vento at the moment. Skoda has 1.4, manual & 1.8 TSI with manual and DSG in Octavia and Superb.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:07   #36
BHPian

Can someone tell me if there is really any change in the grille and that the new rapid actually has the grill that its other ( costlier) siblings possess?

Because as i see, there is no change and it does NOT look like part of the new family and its disappointing .

Attached some pictures from Skoda India website for reference. C'mon Skoda after all the wait you give the Rapid a halfhearted face lift?
Attached Images

Old 26th April 2016, 15:16   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

I had read about minor changes to 1.5 TDI engine with new turbo and little bump in power. Would it come in rapid facelift?
Old 26th April 2016, 17:42   #38
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post

Because as i see, there is no change and it does NOT look like part of the new family and its disappointing .

You are right, there is no change and the new one looks really cool.
Old 26th April 2016, 22:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Can someone tell me if there is really any change in the grille and that the new rapid actually has the grill that its other ( costlier) siblings possess?

The front is heavily camouflaged, but I believe it will end up looking like the front of the international Fabia and not the international Rapid.

The nose of the Indian Rapid was modelled initially on the previous gen Fabia which was then discontinued. A look at the headlights and bonnet design of the camouflaged car gives a clue that they've worked the front of the new Fabia into the existing Rapid to give it a fresh look while still being able to raid the Fabia parts bin.

This is what I think it will look like - well maybe not the hot smoked lights, but similar:

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1461689190.598622.jpg

Last edited by VeluM : 26th April 2016 at 22:19.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 16:50   #40
BHPian

Some sites are reporting that this new Rapid will be launched in August 2016. Any news about that in this forum? I want to buy a new car and seriously considering Rapid. IN that case, I would rather wait for 4 months to see it in flesh and if I dont like it I am sure I will get heavy discounts on older available models.
Old 19th May 2016, 14:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Face lift Rapid makes a come back - spied again. A festive season launch can be expected.

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfaceliftcaughttesting.jpg
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-2016skodarapidcaughtontest.jpg

https://www.motorbeam.com/2016/05/ca...testing-again/

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th May 2016 at 15:01.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 22:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Left in almost no doubt at all now, especially with the lines at the bottom of the headlights and creases parallel to the bonnet line meeting the headlights, that the face-lifted Rapid will have the nose of the international Fabia.

Good that. With the feature updates, power enhancement, and new (hopefully) contemporary looks, this car can still be a decent choice. From being fairly feature less, the Rapid is now close to being at par with any but the City in features and equipment.

OT: but who would have thought a day would come when City and feature-packed would be synonymous.
Old 19th May 2016, 22:47   #43
BHPian

The new headlamps are looking quite neat and gets the family treatment! The feature list is going to be extremely similar to the Vento though from the spy shots, it seems the Rapid facelift additionally gets Projector headlamps too!
A slight bump in power would be a welcome move by Skoda Auto India. In short the manufacturer is all set to take on the segment leaders, even though it's not going to put the sales chart on fire, the auto enthusiasts finally gets a more apt option rather than settling in for the under-powered City and Ciaz diesels.
Old 20th May 2016, 10:44   #44
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
OT: but who would have thought a day would come when City and feature-packed would be synonymous.
That happened because of Honda's decision to discontinue the Civic. Honda had to accomodate the Civic's customers, so they added more features to the City. IMO, this is the only reason, you see the 3rd gen. City, it is not feature packed (as Civic was on sale along with it) but the 4th gen. City is loaded (as Civic was discontinued).
Old 20th June 2016, 15:01   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Rapid facelift gears up for the festive season launch! Expect the modified diesel to be in its line-up.

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-2016skodarapidfaceliftrearspiedbyiabreader_wm1024x554.jpg
Quote:
Judging by the covered portions, it’s expected to get new projector headlamps, redesigned bumper with a new radiator grille, longer Skoda butterfly grille and re-profiled front fenders

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/06/2...t-spied-235541

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th June 2016 at 15:04.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks