Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 15:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Good video, highlights the following changes that I was able to find:
  1. New grille including bonnet with the new style protrusion housing the Skoda logo, and of course the new bumper and lights from the international Fabia

2. New alloy wheels. Grille also visible behind the camouflage

3. Chrome strip at the bottom of the boot lid like Vento

4. I think the rear bumper will look like the Vento bumper too, based on that lower edge

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-image.jpeg

Last edited by VeluM : 20th June 2016 at 15:50.
Old 21st June 2016, 14:13   #47
BHPian

This is a unique type of camouflage. Very interesting and different approach. Is there any change to the interior colour combination? I'm not particularly a fan of the current dashboard colour. I'd prefer black on the top portion of dashboard. Several ownership reviews have also complained about the increased reflection on the windscreen with the current dash.

Last edited by jetti : 21st June 2016 at 14:14.
Old 21st June 2016, 17:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
This is a unique type of camouflage. Very interesting and different approach.
Quite unique, and quite a bit of effort has gone into the camouflage. This of course wouldn't work for a completely new car, but does for "refreshed" versions.

Quote:
Is there any change to the interior colour combination? I'm not particularly a fan of the current dashboard colour. I'd prefer black on the top portion of dashboard.
From the first post on the previous page, it looks like the interiors are not very different apart from the arm rest which is now black like in the Ameo. It doesn't mention any changes in the colour of the plastics. Quoted again for reference:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...or1024x576.jpg

Quote:
Inside, the Rapid facelift will get new fabrics for the seats, a new infotainment system with Mirrorlink, while other new features like rain sensing wipers, cruise control, front center armrest with rear AC vent, Climatronic-automatic AC with dust & pollen filter, electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs are also expected.
Do note that several of these new features are already present in the current Rapid.

Quote:
Several ownership reviews have also complained about the increased reflection on the windscreen with the current dash.
I have had a Rapid since Sept 2013, and have never been bothered by the dashboard reflecting off the windscreen. I'm 5'11" and sit low, and my wife who is 5'3" and sits with the seat high hasn't complained ever. To the point that I haven't even noticed the reflection. I'll have to go check again and see if it does indeed appear - bad weather to check for reflections though.

Last edited by VeluM : 21st June 2016 at 17:10. Reason: Link to interior image.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 17:41   #49
BHPian

Thanks VeluM! Very good to hear this. I like this car very much and I'm very excited about the facelift. This was the only grouse I had. These kind of issues (reflection) cannot usually be judged in a short test drive, so it's valuable input from existing owners like you that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I have had a Rapid since Sept 2013, and have never been bothered by the dashboard reflecting off the windscreen. I'm 5'11" and sit low, and my wife who is 5'3" and sits with the seat high hasn't complained ever. To the point that I haven't even noticed the reflection. I'll have to go check again and see if it does indeed appear - bad weather to check for reflections though.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 19:41   #50
BHPian

All said and done, why this pony for India? Why cant they just give us the Horse?

They have a wonderful design in the new International Rapid that can sell like hot cakes. Simply bring it down. Why do this mediocre stop gap treatment and waste money on it?
Old 21st June 2016, 20:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
All said and done, why this pony for India? Why cant they just give us the Horse?

They have a wonderful design in the new International Rapid that can sell like hot cakes. Simply bring it down. Why do this mediocre stop gap treatment and waste money on it?

Actually, it's not that simple to bring the International version. With the diesel gate effect, any new investments has to throughly checked for feasibility before implementing.

With plans to continue the same Vento, it makes sense to use the same old Rapid with high level of parts sharing and position it below the VW counterpart rather than using a separate advanced body architecture ONLY for Skoda Rapid. Even, the existing priced vehicles are slowly becoming market duds given the poor reliability, horrible A.S.S and expensive spares. Shifting to whole new version will further increase cost and make it a vicious cycle.
Old 21st June 2016, 20:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post

I feel Skoda India is doing this because of the next generation Fabia which they are planning to introduce in the Indian market soon and like the current generation the upcoming Rapid too will be based on that hence launching the European Rapid followed by Fabia. Also, the next generation of C Segment sedans are launching in India in 2017, seeing which Skoda can develop the European Rapid according to the Indian conditions in a much smarter way.
IMO, introducing a facelift is the right move for now as all the other cars in the segment has received proper facelifts a long time back but Skoda hasn't changed anything in the Rapid except a few feature upgrades and logo change. It deserves a mid-life cycle update.
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:09   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Rapid facelift : Spotted in Bangalore

Thanks to my friend Dr. Sethu for clicking the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-img20160623wa0002.jpg  

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-img20160623wa0003.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 13:47   #54
BHPian

I spoke to a Sales representative from Vinayak Skoda today. He mentioned that the face lift version will be launched around Diwali time frame.
I used that as reason to offer good discounts on existing Rapid version but he only manged to give me 1.2L.
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:53   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I used that as reason to offer good discounts on existing Rapid version but he only manged to give me 1.2L.
Just today got delivery for TDI TSG style plus with black package. Final amount paid is 14.1 for April 2016 manufactured car which almost 1.5 less than the actual quote of 15.6. Dealer is Tafe access in St.Marks road.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 11:29   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen shows Rapid facelift for India in its future portfolio, plans an onslaught of S/CUV's in the 2016 -2020 plan

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-vw.jpg

Source: Volkswagen annual report

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th July 2016 at 11:43.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 11:32   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Now officially confirmed by Volkswagen India to it's investors through a list of new launches for the upcoming financial year.

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-2016skodarapidfaceliftindiaconfirm.jpg

The 2016 Rapid facelift is expected to come with an updated 1.5L TDI engine which will produce 108BHP of power and provide better fuel efficiency as well.

IAB
Old 11th July 2016, 12:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

Strange to note that, Skoda Rapid being classified under Hatchbacks Is this because Rapid is being sold as a (Spaceback) stationwagon in other markets?

If Rapid is facelifted with the updated diesel, the Vento would be too. I remember when they first introduced TDI DSG, they were introduced on back to back days. VW first and Skoda next.
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:58   #59
BHPian

Guys,

Any new update or any news about the Rapid facelift? When is it launching? I am almost sold on Skoda Rapid as my new car. I am also thinking if it will be worth buying the facelift version as opposed to buying the outgoing Rapid on which I can get hefty discounts? Looking for Diesel Manual only.
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Just today got delivery for TDI TSG style plus with black package. Final amount paid is 14.1 for April 2016 manufactured car which almost 1.5 less than the actual quote of 15.6. Dealer is Tafe access in St.Marks road.
Thanks for sharing this. I never knew that prices for this sedan has gone up by so much. When we got the Vento in 2013, we paid 11.8 (I think, for the Highline) including some discounts and exchange bonus. 14.1 for the Rapid is a bit crazy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed