Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:59   #151
BHPian

re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite911 View Post
The prices for the Skoda Rapid Facelift starts at Rs. 8.27 lakh. (ex-showroom, Delhi) and goes up to Rs. 11.36 lakh for the petrol variants.

The prices for the diesel engine variants start at Rs.* 9.48 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and goes up to Rs. 12.67 lakh.

Source: auto.ndtv.com

Found a youtube video
. The car looks "grown up" in the video and looks stunning in Red
sudhakarg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:43   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Official brochure can be downloaded from here.

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-1.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-2.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-3.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-4.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-5.gif

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-6.gif

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-7.gif

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-8.gif
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:58   #153
BANNED

The facelift looks quite good. They could have done a bit more for the safety aspect, introduce a 6 airbag variant. There is hardly any cars below ₹ 13 lakh segment with 6 airbag option. The new colors are a good addition too.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:23   #154
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Skoda Rapid facelift launched in India at Rs 8.35 lakh

The car looks brilliant in my opinion. I am looking to change my car soon and it's very difficult to decide between the Ameo Diesel DSG Highline or pay 4L more and go for new Rapid 1.5 TDI AT Style specially when it has the same engine, gear box and near identical features spac,e being not a constraint for me.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:34   #155
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The new Ambition variant has very good levels of equipment and is the VFM variant in the lineup. Unless you fancy some chrome and touchscreen, you won't miss out much from the Style variant. The value becomes more apparent when you compare it to the barebones Vento Comfortline.
Old 3rd November 2016, 23:49   #156
BHPian

There ends my honeymoon with my new, well, not new anymore Skoda Rapid - after barely a mere three-month courtship. I had known that the facelift was around the corner and that I might feel quite bad when the new model comes out. Still, I went ahead and bought a White Style Plus Black Package in August this year. If only I knew that they would come out with all these color options, I would have held back for some more time. I am a fan of the Volkswagen's Silky Blue and can't stop drooling over the Rapid in those clothes. DRLs, a better engine, better interiors, and altogether a classier design makes it even more difficult to digest. Well, the brighter side of it is that I have perhaps temporarily saved a lakh of rupees to buy a car which probably gives the same driving pleasure as the new one.
Old 4th November 2016, 07:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
There ends my honeymoon with my new, well, not new anymore Skoda Rapid - after barely a mere three-month courtship. I had known that the facelift was around the corner and that I might feel quite bad when the new model comes out. Still, I went ahead and bought a White Style Plus Black Package in August this year. If only I knew that they would come out with all these color options, I would have held back for some more time. I am a fan of the Volkswagen's Silky Blue and can't stop drooling over the Rapid in those clothes. DRLs, a better engine, better interiors, and altogether a classier design makes it even more difficult to digest. Well, the brighter side of it is that I have perhaps temporarily saved a lakh of rupees to buy a car which probably gives the same driving pleasure as the new one.
I have been told you can change the color of the car. And later you will need to update the RC book with that color. A VW dealer told me this when I asked him about silk blue vento.
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:59   #158
BHPian

Hi
Has anyone seen the car with in the base versions with the halogen headlights?
I feel the headlight shape is strikingly similar to the ones on the VW vento !
Old 4th November 2016, 10:07   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The facelift looks quite good. They could have done a bit more for the safety aspect, introduce a 6 airbag variant. There is hardly any cars below ₹ 13 lakh segment with 6 airbag option.
The Ford Ecosport , Aspire and Figo all sport 6 airbags in the titanium plus versions.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 10:14   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
I think this is a given when buying a car from the VW group in India. They are guaranteed to change something or the other every few months. So one thing you can always be sure when buying a VW/Skoda car is that it will be outdated in a few months. . I think you did the right thing. Otherwise it can become an indefinite wait.

I have a 2013 Vento TSI and have lost count of the number of upgrades/changes that VW has done to the Vento in the last 3 years.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 10:16   #161
BHPian

Quote:
There is hardly any cars below ₹ 13 lakh segment with 6 airbag option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
The Ford Ecosport , Aspire and Figo all sport 6 airbags in the titanium plus versions.
Not to mention i20 Asta (O), i20 Active SX and Verna SX (O)
Muski is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 10:34   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I own Ford Aspire AT. So I know that. But only EcoSport AT has 6 airbags.
Old 4th November 2016, 10:43   #163
BHPian

Quote:
The facelift looks quite good. They could have done a bit more for the safety aspect, introduce a 6 airbag variant. There is hardly any cars below ₹ 13 lakh segment with 6 airbag option. The new colors are a good addition too.
# Figo
# Aspire
# Elite i20
# i20 Active
# Ecosport
# Verna

All of the above have 6 airbags in their top variants

Quote:
I own Ford Aspire AT. So I know that. But only EcoSport AT has 6 airbags.
Nope, the Ecosport MT has 6 airbags in Titanium+ variant

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-es.jpg

Ecosport_brochure.pdf

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 4th November 2016 at 10:44.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 11:50   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
The car looks brilliant in my opinion. I am looking to change my car soon and it's very difficult to decide between the Ameo Diesel DSG Highline or pay 4L more and go for new Rapid 1.5 TDI AT Style specially when it has the same engine, gear box and near identical features spac,e being not a constraint for me.
I would suggest save those 4L and go for Ameo DSG. If you had instead compared Vento against Rapid then would have suggested Rapid DSG any day.

Quote:
Well, the brighter side of it is that I have perhaps temporarily saved a lakh of rupees to buy a car which probably gives the same driving pleasure as the new one.
Think of it this way, you have been enjoying the DSG for months now instead of waiting.

I bought Rapid DSG last year and was told new launch is around the corner but the savings plus the looks in black package convinced me to go ahead, apart from DSG of-course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
They are guaranteed to change something or the other every few months. So one thing you can always be sure when buying a VW/Skoda car is that it will be outdated in a few months.
Looks like VW has taken a leaf out of Android playbook, every few months make the current flagship feel old.

After I bought Rapid last year in 2 months time they added electric ORVM etc to the car
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 12:13   #165
BHPian

I am considering the Rapid Diesel Style AT in Silky Blue or Flame Red ( color will be decided after checking both out in reality)
I suppose they have left out the keyless entry and rear parking sensors ( but I see rear sensors as an optional accessory).
My dilemma is whether to opt for the Petrol AT or Diesel AT, as my usage is split between 3 cars and barely complete 5~7000 kms in a year. Is the 1.6 MPI a new engine? Any feedback on the same, preferably with an AT box. My guesstimate in city traffic FE would be around 8~9 kmpl.
Have been satisfied by the 1st lot Octavia Diesel and the A4 Diesel usage in the past and am more inclined towards the Diesel Engine of an European Car.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 4th November 2016 at 12:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks