Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2017, 03:40   #61
BHPian

Re: 2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!

VW has updated the Vento with the DRLs & the Polo GT has been updated with 16inch wheels but no update on the DRLs in the Polo. Any idea when will they launch with the LED DRLs?
Old 18th February 2017, 08:31   #62
BHPian

Hey Batish, I don't think Polo/Ameo will get LEDs "anytime soon".

There are two reasons for it:

1. No polo/ameo has been spotted with LEDs so far

2. It took VW over a year to introduce LEDs on the Vento (after thorough testing). Also now that Vento HL Plus also gets Reverse Camera, it makes the Vento most loaded car of the trio. Going forward, Vento will be slightly distinguished from Ameo & Polo - since the Jetta is discontinued.
Old 18th February 2017, 12:10   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post

There are two reasons for it:

1. No polo/ameo has been spotted with LEDs so far
Isn't this the Polo being tested here?

Quote:
Also now that Vento HL Plus also gets Reverse Camera, it makes the Vento most loaded car of the trio. Going forward, Vento will be slightly distinguished from Ameo & Polo - since the Jetta is discontinued.
Yes Sir, It took around 6 years for Volkswagen to realize that a reverse camera is a necessity than luxury in sedans. Hyundai Verna had camera with parking sensors since its launch in 2011.
Old 17th July 2017, 19:05   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, what is Volkswagen testing here with this "particular dual-tone" Polo, caught on camera running around on the streets of Pune by my good friend Autospy?

He observed that this particular test mule had dual-tone exterior colour shade pattern in red-black (including a black spoiler, blacked-out roof & black ORVMs), all-black alloys (slightly bigger than normal Polo alloys, although design looks similar) and a raised/beefed-up suspension.

Spruced up engine under the hood? Your guess is as good as mine.

In that case, would we be seeing a manual transmission version of the TSI in the near future, possibly a Polo "RS"?

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-image1w.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-image2w.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-image3w.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-image4w.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-image5w.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 19:27   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
He observed that this particular test mule had dual-tone exterior colour shade pattern in red-black (including a black spoiler, blacked-out roof & black ORVMs), all-black alloys (slightly bigger than normal Polo alloys, although design looks similar) and a raised/beefed-up suspension.
Looks like a blackened version of the 16-inch Portago alloys on the GT Sport. Other modifications are also as seen in the Sport, except raised suspension.

May be an updated Sport version is in the offering, this time as a new variant itself perhaps, rather than a dealer level addition?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 19:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like a blackened version of the 16-inch Portago alloys on the GT Sport.
No, I don't think these are PORTAGO alloys. These are the old 15" alloys which come in regular Polo.
Old 17th July 2017, 19:58   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
No, I don't think these are PORTAGO alloys. These are the old 15" alloys which come in regular Polo.

Nope. These are the 16 inch alloys that come with GT sport!
Old 17th July 2017, 20:02   #68
BHPian

Apart from the blackened alloys (not seen before), and the blackened rooftop (already offered in the GT Sports package), I do not see much new in comparison to my VW GT TSI (February 2017 make). The alloys also look the same in design (Portago) and size (16") except for the colour. The raised stance appears very similar to mine. However, does anybody see any difference in the tail-lights?
Old 20th July 2017, 16:57   #69
Team-BHP Support

This is frankly becoming ridiculous, now!

I took delivery of my Polo GT TSI in 2015 (May) and in the two years that have gone by, VW has added nearly a dozen bits and bobs such as:

1) Cruise Control
2) Rain Sensing Wipers
3) Cooled Glove Box
4) Touch Screen HU
5) Auto Fold ORVMs
6) Blinkers / Indicators in the ORVM housing
7) Auto Dimming IRVM
8) 16" Alloy Wheels
9) GT-Sport roof-wrap
10) Mirror-Link (or some such thing)

Now, I don't care for most of these features. But the auto-fold ORVMs with the integrated indicators, the cooled glove-box, cruise-control, touch-screen HU and 16" wheels are certainly features that are worth having.

I'm thoroughly miffed about this, especially after spending over 10 lakhs to buy the damn thing.

If the rumors that suggest that the Polo will get the all-LED lights from the Vento are true, it would drive me even further up the wall.

Sure, at the end of the day, the engine is sweet and the gearbox is great. And the essential ingredients are what truly matter!

VW should consider offering these accessories at a nominal rate for existing owners who narrowly missed out on these features.
suhaas307 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 17:24   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
5) Auto Fold ORVMs
Suhaas, there is no auto folding feature for the ORVMs like in the Hyundai cars. They are only electrically folding.

The auto folding part (if you saw/read it anywhere) is done as an aftermarket fitment.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2017 at 17:26.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 20:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

The Polo Highline Plus will be priced around Rs 7.24 lakh mark for the petrol variant, while the Polo Highline Plus with 1.2-litre, three-cylinder diesel will cost around Rs 8.78 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
You meant the 1.5 litre Diesel will cost around Rs 8.78 lakh right ? Polo diesel only comes in the 1.5 variant as far as I am aware.
Old 21st July 2017, 09:32   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Suhaas, there is no auto folding feature for the ORVMs like in the Hyundai cars. They are only electrically folding.

The auto folding part (if you saw/read it anywhere) is done as an aftermarket fitment.
By auto-fold, I meant to say "electric-folding". Apologies.

I haven't heard of anyone getting 'auto-fold' mirrors installed on their Polos. Is it possible?
Old 21st July 2017, 10:13   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

So what VW was testing in late 2016 comes true. All its cars will get the HIGHLine plus variant. Will get the 16" Portago wheels. Skoda Rapid to follow!

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-capture.jpg
2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-1.jpg

Source

Team-BHP discussion

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st July 2017 at 14:17. Reason: Linking to the earlier TBHP discussion on this as well :)
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 10:24   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I haven't heard of anyone getting 'auto-fold' mirrors installed on their Polos. Is it possible?
Yep. Its a Chinese module and involves some splicing and joining of stock cables which will void the electrical warranty. Enables folding/unfolding the mirror when the car is locked/unlocked using the keyfob.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 11:30   #75
Team-BHP Support

I may want to get these "Portago" wheels installed at some point.

During booking and delivery, Palace Cross refused to give me the brushed aluminium headlight knob that comes stock on the high line models (and some of the early GT models too), or even the leather wrap on the handbrake that was there on the Cross-Polo and GT.

It's unlikely that they will oblige if I ask them for a set of these 16" wheels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks