Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 11:35   #76
BHPian

Re: 2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This is frankly becoming ridiculous, now!

I took delivery of my Polo GT TSI in 2015 (May) and in the two years that have gone by, VW has added nearly a dozen bits and bobs such as:

VW should consider offering these accessories at a nominal rate for existing owners who narrowly missed out on these features.
Absolutely Agree! I too took delivery in June 2015 and am also in same boat. What I don't understand is how they can't even put even the basic features in old cars! I would love to have Reverse parking Camera added. The minute I touch the car outside there is a huge danger of losing my warranty!

Last edited by RaghuVis : 21st July 2017 at 11:35. Reason: Spell
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 11:53   #77
Team-BHP Support

Which other manufacturers has done retrofitting of all new parts for the earlier cars sold? Even if it's for a price?

Isn't it too much to expect! You all bought the car because it was the best for your requirements at that point of time.

However, as the market further advances - VW has to keep up. Since they don't have new models coming in, they try to keep pace by adding new features to their existing models. Don't see anything to complain about!

Infact, VW would have become irrelevant today had they not followed this practice. Five years ago - I ignored the Polo during my purchase because it had a rather weak 1.2L engine and almost no features. The car that I chose back then ran out of relevance due to no updates provided later, but five years down the line - VW has steadily improved the product to much - its almost right on top IMO, even though the basic product is now getting 8 years old in the market.

The frustration felt is only because the model and names are not changed. Whereas competition kept changing appearances and names along with features. Polo was once launched to fight the first gen Swift and i20, later fought the second generation Swift and facelifted i20 and is now fighting the Baleno and Elite i20.

It feels like a day and night difference if you compare the current Polo and Vento with the ones that were launched back in 2010. 8 years of the same car and they're selling around 3000 units of it (hatch, compact sedan and sedan) due to this one reason alone! Hats off to VW for continuously upgrading the product as per market demand and trend.

PS - Getting the new generation would have been better any day. Cant deny that. However, it's good that they add not sitting lazily till the new generation hits our market sometime in 2019.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st July 2017 at 12:01.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 13:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Suhaas, there is no auto folding feature for the ORVMs like in the Hyundai cars. They are only electrically folding.

The auto folding part (if you saw/read it anywhere) is done as an aftermarket fitment.
the New MQB cars are all autofolding (example the Octavia 5E)
Old 21st July 2017, 14:17   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's unlikely that they will oblige if I ask them for a set of these 16" wheels.
I am pretty sure you can get those wheels if you are ready to pay the price . It should be an accident repair replacement part for current owners, shouldn't it?
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 19:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

It feels like a day and night difference if you compare the current Polo and Vento with the ones that were launched back in 2010. 8 years of the same car and they're selling around 3000 units of it (hatch, compact sedan and sedan) due to this one reason alone! Hats off to VW for continuously upgrading the product as per market demand and trend.

PS - Getting the new generation would have been better any day. Cant deny that. However, it's good that they add not sitting lazily till the new generation hits our market sometime in 2019.
My first real experience with Polo came in 2015 when I drove my friend's 2011 Polo from Chennai to Pondicherry. I was wowed by the experience. Stability, linear power delivery, comfort, that lovely steering.

Come Dec 2016 when I got my own Polo and boy did I notice the differences between the 2. The even chunkier steering wheel, the new ICE system, and it looked much better aesthetically. Could be due to his old Red car and mine being the new candy white but I just loved the way VW have kept improving the car and kept it contemporary.

So you are spot on when you say they are not lazily sitting around there like some manufacturers just waiting for the next gen and doing not much to their current models apart from those foolish special editions & sticker jobs.
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 10:47   #81

Quote:
However, as the market further advances - VW has to keep up. Since they don't have new models coming in, they try to keep pace by adding new features to their existing models. Don't see anything to complain about!

Infact, VW would have become irrelevant today had they not followed this practice. Five years ago - I ignored the Polo during my purchase because it had a rather weak 1.2L engine and almost no features. The car that I chose back then ran out of relevance due to no updates provided later, but five years down the line - VW has steadily improved the product to much - its almost right on top IMO, even though the basic product is now getting 8 years old in the market.

The frustration felt is only because the model and names are not changed. Whereas competition kept changing appearances and names along with features. Polo was once launched to fight the first gen Swift and i20, later fought the second generation Swift and facelifted i20 and is now fighting the Baleno and Elite i20.
VW definitely has done a good job, considering the Polo/Vento were amongst the most under-equipped cars in their segments at launch and now they are at or near the top despite being the same generation. The only fly in the ointment is that 1.2 MPI engine that just doesn't belong in an otherwise high-quality product like the Polo. That engine got panned for its wheezy performance since the days of the Fabia's launch back in 2008, let alone 2017. That engine alone was the reason we chose to go for a Maruti Ignis Zeta petrol MT instead of a Polo Comfortline despite significant differences in build quality and similar pricing and equipment.
kpower11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:31   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which other manufacturers has done retrofitting of all new parts for the earlier cars sold? Even if it's for a price?

Isn't it too much to expect! You all bought the car because it was the best for your requirements at that point of time.
Our very own Maruti Suzuki obliged when a friend walked into the dealership with a request for the Ciaz's 16" wheels for his 2012 Swift.

In fact, they were ready to swap the front bumper to the one of the face-lift but he declined.

When we owned our Ikon 1.6 ZXI, we requested Cauvery Ford to give us the SXI bumpers, grille, headlights and tail-lights, and they happily obliged.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but margins on cars are very small. Dealerships make more money by selling parts and accessories. With that being the case, Volkswagen, as a goodwill gesture if nothing else, should make these accessories available to existing owners. I know several people who would be willing to to buy them, and VW will stand to make a killing!

So, the short answer to your question:

Quote:

Isn't it too much to expect!
is... NO!

It's not too much to expect.

So let me tweak the nature of my gripe, just a touch.

I'm miffed, not just because they have added these features. As you have rightly pointed out, they are well and fully entitled to do it (after all, how else do they update a model that's been around for donkey's years?), but why deny existing customers the opportunity to upgrade their cars?

Quote:

I wholly agree with every thing else!

The weak 1.2, 3-pot mills (both petrol and diesel) needed to go. Thankfully, the diesel is no longer an option.

And just like what Hyundai had done with the i20, VW has slowly but steadily removed little bits from the car over the years. My GT for instance, does not come with split-rear-seats, the older ones used to. In fact, would you believe it if I told you that there is no boot light!?
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:49   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So let me tweak the nature of my gripe, just a touch.

I'm miffed, not just because they have added these features. As you have rightly pointed out, they are well and fully entitled to do it (after all, how else do they update a model that's been around for donkey's years?), but why deny existing customers the opportunity to upgrade their cars?

I wholly agree with every thing else!
That is true and agreed.

However, our market has not developed as much IMO. Parts like alloy wheels, bumpers etc might be more easily accessible and in demand than the functional parts that you (and us as BHP'ians) look forward to.

For an example - If Toyota gives an option for existing Innova owners to upgrade to Crysta looks, many will lineup. They will want to make their old cars feel like the new and more costly model. How many will request for the 5 additional airbags option? Only a very small percent.

Thankfully for the VW owners, atleast a lot of parts are available in the global market (OEM included) and are compatible. There is a good reason why a lot of DIY talent is within VW owner group.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd July 2017 at 17:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 16:12   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

More Editions of Polo to be launched soon - Anniversary edition and Polo GT Sport !

Volkswagen Polo 10th-anniversary edition, Polo GT Sport to be introduced during Volksfest.

Quote:
The company also plans to re-introduce the Polo GT Sport with Portago 16inch wheels, Glossy Black roof foil, side graphics, spoiler and GT sport seat covers. The Polo GT is available in 1.2 TSI 77kW and 1.5 TDI 81kW.
Quote:
The Polo 10th Anniversary Edition is based on the Comfortline trim and will be available in 1.2 Petrol and 1.5 diesel engine options. The car will get a new set of 15inch wheels – Dual Color Razor alloys, body graphics and Diamond design black seat covers.
2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-0.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-1.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-2.jpg

The Polo GT SPORT/ Polo Anniversary Edition and Vento ALLSTAR are Volkswagen offerings for this festive season.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th September 2017 at 16:15.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 16:58   #85
BHPian

Nice updates on a lovely looking car. Why not to change something on headlight front as well? The new Dual Color Razor alloys looks a copy of honda city, isnt it?

Anyway, just give us one simple update, Diesel DSG and we are all set.
Old 7th September 2017, 19:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More Editions of Polo to be launched soon - Anniversary edition and Polo GT Sport !
The Polo GT Sport is already available with these options right, or am I missing something here?

And I would be damned if this alloy design actually makes into the "More Editions Polo". I am really starting to believe that there is only one OEM Alloys designer for all Indian manufacturers!!

Don't believe me, see this:

Honda Mobilio

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-mobilio.jpg

Honda City

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-city.jpg

Toyota Etios Liva

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-liva.jpg

Hyundai Verna

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-verna.jpg

2017 Octavia VRS

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-vrs.jpg

....and now the Polo?

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-polo.jpg

For a comparison, this is what the international VRS gets:

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-vrs2.jpg

Last edited by Vik0728 : 7th September 2017 at 19:27.
Old 7th September 2017, 19:27   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
The Polo GT Sport is already available with these options right, or am I missing something here?
Polo gt sport is not available as of now, it was a while back. Now the gt comes with 16 inch alloys, black spoiler, centre armrest, rear ac vents and 6.5inch touchscreen. Dealer tells me they will launch the sport again but date is not confirmed.

Regarding the alloys on grey car in the pic, it will be offered on comfortline as per the dealer.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:49   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo Limited Anniversary Edition launched. Many more editions to come ...

Quote:
Drive home the limited anniversary edition Volkswagen Polo now at an amazing price of Rs. 5.99 Lakhs*.

The powerful hatch back comes with R15 Razor alloy wheels, leather seat covers, ABS & Airbags as standard, anti-pinch power windows and many more features.

It doesn’t just end there, to make this festive season even more amazing you can avail some more exciting offers.
2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-capture.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 14:37   #89
BHPian

Apologies for my previous post. GT sport is indeed launched now and as per dealer only GT SPORT will be available and not regular GT. Attaching pricelist of anniversary edition and GT SPORT in mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-1504861629872.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2017, 19:20   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Updates Polo with new 7 inch Touch Screen. Vento and Ameo too would get this update soon.

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-volkswagenupdatespolowith7inchtouchscreen.jpg

Quote:
Volkswagen silently updated Polo with new 7 inch touch screen replacing old 5 inch unit. The new touch screen also comes with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Mirror Link options. 2018 MY Polo get the new touch screen and the units started arriving at dealerships earlier this month. Along with this update, Volkswagen removed automatic headlamp and automatic wipers from Highline variant and it is now available only with Highline Plus. Along with this Volkswagen will also replace beige colour of interior with all black interior which is currently available on Trend, Comfortline and GT models

link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks