Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 17:48   #76
BHPian

Re: 1st-gen Toyota Innova production comes to an end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Toyota has had daihatsu for decades now, even before they started operations in India. If they had to compete in the small car market, they would've got a few Kei cars but for some reason, they haven't. Maybe they enjoy their "premium image".
Toyota had 51.2% stake in Daihatsu. Now, they have gone for the whole. AFAIK their sole intention is to leverage Daihatsu's expertise in the small cars to increase their market share in India.

What may help Toyota in doing so is Daihatsu and Suzuki Motor Corp both hold about 30 percent of the small car market in Japan.
Old 22nd March 2016, 23:23   #77
BHPian

Crysta has been developed on entirely new platform so they will indeed demand premium. Regarding current generation Innova which I bought in 2014 has been just a pleasure to drive and ride. I bet pricing to be around 18-24 for Crysta, they will launch a stripped down version of Crysta for taxi market later after analyzing the market reaction. I just believe that Innova will always be remembered as a legendary vehicle from Toyota and the saying will continue to echo 'Only Innova can replace an Innova'.
Old 12th May 2018, 11:28   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1st-gen Toyota Innova production comes to an end

Saw this brand new V variant of the last gen Innova yesterday: It was brand new and not refurbished. Not sure how that is possible.

1st-gen Toyota Innova production comes to an end-20180512_112629.jpg

1st-gen Toyota Innova production comes to an end-20180512_112704.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks