Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 19:10   #151
BHPian

Should ford do something similar for ecosport owners what suzuki has done for early s cross owners
Old 18th March 2016, 22:43   #152
BHPian

Re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

I am a little confused over the narrow rear bench issue. None of my passenger has ever complained that it is cramped at the back. So I just went and checked the review of S Cross. Surprisingly S Cross which lot of people felt scored well in space has same width as ecosport. My guess is the ecosport interiors arent as bright as the S Cross.

Link to Comparison Post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Last edited by ampere : 19th March 2016 at 12:22. Reason: Fixed image size
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 22:53   #153
BHPian

The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

My opinion is that the Rear bench space can't be judged just by the spec sheet. Interior design and space management differ across manufacturers and cars with same width in the spec sheet can differ in the space offered to the passenger. Experts, please correct me if I am wrong
Old 19th March 2016, 08:00   #154
BHPian

I own swift vxi currently. And Iam planning to upgrade to either Ecosport or Brezza

Going thru the discussion so far, it looks like they are both equally good.

I have not driven the Brezza so I can't comment on it, but Eco sport didn't feel very powerful. Hope, Brezza is better
Old 20th March 2016, 13:40   #155

I was looking for a new car, test drove a few cars and shortlisted a 3 cars was confused between 1.3 S-Cross Zeta, Aspire Titanium+ & Ecosport Titanium. Booked the Aspire T+ as that was the perfect package for the price, got a call from the sales guy saying that there was a price cut for Ecosport (T) of approx. 1.7L and changed the booking to Ecosport (T).

I personally feel that it was screaming vfm now.
Old 20th March 2016, 16:06   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelloyd View Post
... got a call from the sales guy saying that there was a price cut for Ecosport (T) of approx. 1.7L and changed the booking to Ecosport (T)...
Is it 1.7L? The factory price cut is 1.2L; did you manage any extra discounts on top of it ?
Old 20th March 2016, 16:08   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is it 1.7L? The factory price cut is 1.2L; did you manage any extra discounts on top of it ?
It might be the on the road pricing difference. I think prices have now gone below 10L mark in many places leading to massive tax savings hence the 50k saving might be on the road tax.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 16:21   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
It might be the on the road pricing difference. I think prices have now gone below 10L mark in many places leading to massive tax savings hence the 50k saving might be on the road tax.
Yes ToyotaFan is correct, the price drop of 1.7L is against OTR.
Davelloyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 17:18   #159
BHPian

Price list in Coimbatore after the price cut.
Attached Thumbnails
The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs-ecosport.jpg  

batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 18:22   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Although this thread is mostly related to the Brezza, the price cut yesterday claimed an unlikely victim- The Polo GT TSI.

Flashback to the beginning of 2016. We had just done a GT TSI booking for my in laws family in Calicut, Kerala. Need was for a compact, good performing Automatic that was solid , well built and had a premium feel to it. Usage would be mostly within the City with some inter city Kerala trips and an occasional Bangalore trip. My brother in law had driven my Vento TSI extensively and loved it. So it was kind of a no brainer. The Ecosport had always been a favorite. A couple of years back when then Ecosport fever was at its peak, we had enquired casually and Ford dealer in Calicut dismissed us with a casual 'Ford does not sell the Ecosport AT in Kerala.

So this time, we did not think too much about the Ecosport (we had done a quick visit and the response although not bad as before, was not too great) and in any case it was priced quite a bit higher than the GT TSI. When we did the GT TSI booking, the OTR in Kerala was ~9.9 L. At that time the Ecosport AT OTR in Calicut was approx 11.85 OTR. That was a cool 2 Lakh difference. In a city like Bangalore, that difference would be closer to 2.5 L since the Ecosport was above 10L Ex-Showroom.

In Feb, VW added new features and the price was hiked by 30-40 K. OTR Calicut became 10.3L. The Ford came up with the reduction of almost 80 K for the AT and suddenly the OTR Calicut for the Ecosport was down to 11.05L. .

So what was a difference of 2 L was now down to 75K. We had been allocated a Red TSI which was on the way and we were ready to do the PDI in the next couple of days. Coincidentally yesterday morning Ford is calling and said they had 2 AT's in stock - Thats when we actually did the calculations and realized that the difference was only 75 K. Gave it some thought and noted down the following.

What do we get additional in the Ecosport.

• A better looking car (personal opinion) with the nice SUVish stance that we all like. A segment above.
  • A bit more space all around- A bigger car in all aspects.
  • 6 Airbags (Very important)
  • Push Button Start.
  • ISOFIX Car Seat Mounts.
  • Few other minor nice to haves.
  • A potentially more reliable Dual Clutch
  • A good solid build and fit and finish (similar to the Polo)

What we miss out on.
  • Ford's 1.5 NA and DCT will not match the TSI DSG combo. But as I mentioned above, a decent performing AT was acceptable. So although the TSI DSG combo will be missed, it was not a deal breaker.
  • Rain Sensing Wipers and Auto IRVM (comes only in Titanium +)
  • The MirrorLink supported HU.

In all ways, for our needs, the Ecosport seemed to be the better bet and worth the 75K extra. Checked the VIN online and was a Feb 2016 car. Confirmed the booking. Expecting the car early next week. The same Ford dealer who acted as if they are doing a favor to us by talking to us seems to have come back down to earth from their lofty heights and seems much better to deal with.

All in all, the Ecosport AT at just 75K more than the Polo TSI can take away some Polo buyers with requirements similar to ours. Who want a bit more spacious decent performing car, but do not want to stretch to the Vento and are not happy with the build quality of the Aspire/Figo.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 20th March 2016 at 18:42.
Rajeevraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 20:25   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Although this thread is mostly related to the Brezza, the price cut yesterday claimed an unlikely victim- The Polo GT TSI.

What do we get additional in the Ecosport.
[*]6 Airbags (Very important)

[
I think only the Titanium+ gets 6 airbags.
Old 20th March 2016, 20:45   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I think only the Titanium+ gets 6 airbags.
Nope, the Titanium AT also gets it. The Titanium MT does not get it. I actually assumed that the Titanium AT gets more features of the Titanium +. But it is only the 6 airbags.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 22:22   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What we miss out on.
  • Ford's 1.5 NA and DCT will not match the TSI DSG combo. But as I mentioned above, a decent performing AT was acceptable. So although the TSI DSG combo will be missed, it was not a deal breaker.
  • Rain Sensing Wipers and Auto IRVM (comes only in Titanium +)
  • The MirrorLink supported HU.
Doesn't the Ecosport miss on the cruise control as well, since Polo GT comes with one?

Quote:
...The same Ford dealer who acted as if they are doing a favor to us by talking to us seems to have come back down to earth from their lofty heights and seems much better to deal with...
Just about time. In fact, all the dealers do it because a serious bunch of customers are ready to take any sh*t thrown on them, shamelessly in spite of paying the money. If every single guy takes a strong stand, all the dealers will have the tails rolled in between their legs; but they (customers) wouldn't!

I think it may be a good time for you to haggle for some accessories too. Tell them you have a Polo in transit and show them the booking too.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 11:31   #164
BHPian

Hai SyncNest, Are you looking for Petrol or Diesel?
I was also very keen on Eco sport -Diesel, and test drove both, but felt the Diesel lacked initial torque and took forever to gather some speed from stand still, it suffered quite a bit of lag,
Some time back, there was some update for Eco sport, not sure if the Diesel variants have received any power bump,

Have not driven the Breeza, but, from few reviews, should be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
I own swift vxi currently. And Iam planning to upgrade to either Ecosport or Brezza

Going thru the discussion so far, it looks like they are both equally good.

I have not driven the Brezza so I can't comment on it, but Eco sport didn't feel very powerful. Hope, Brezza is better
Old 21st March 2016, 11:55   #165
BHPian

The Ford ecosport is now a very tempting deal to go for. Unfortunately for me, I bought 2 cars within the last 2 years hence no change to Ecosport for me for now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks