Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2016, 12:12   #196

Re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

This is what is called as an healthy competition, personally I feel Ecosport is by far a better car than Brezza
Old 7th November 2016, 17:47   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Depends upon how many parts should be changed/upgraded to add ABS. And that difference will be bigger for lower end variants compared to the mid level variants. The Ertiga will require a different harness, brake booster etc for the ABS version compared to the non-ABS version. And some of these components may not be localised due to less demand. Hence you will find higher price difference.

Just to give another example the safety pack for the Celerio costs 20k in addition to the variant. Whereas for WagonR, the difference is 34k since the number of components replaced and the number of imported components required is higher compared to the Celerio. Thats the reason for different costs.
To be frank, I am surprised at the cost differences in these vehicles. One aspect that I can think of is being relatively older vehicles (3-4 years old), they might have been configured using older generation of Airbag & ABS modules, as available that time.

The newer generation modules are definitely cheaper even though they are better in functionality. Sometime in 2007-08, I worked on a project studying feasibility for new generation BOSCH 8.1 ABS system in place of aged 5.3 ABS. The newer sibling was lighter, smarter and significantly cost effective. This could be a potential reason.

As far as imported part content is concerned, I had accounted for that in my calculations. Main imported parts are Airbag Controller, Airbag inflator, ABS Module child parts and circuit components, ABS wheel-side sensors. In total, these are not as costly as being charged for by OEMs.

Now, coming to brake booster; yes sometimes there are differences in booster for ABS and Non-ABS variants. The two reasons that I could point to are (there could be others as well) :
a) Integrated Proportionating Valve for Non-ABS variant and lack of it in ABS variant. It depends on the booster supplier and not all supplier use integrated P-Valve.
b) Single or Dual Diaphragm in Booster for ABS/ Non-ABS variant. But I can’t recall to see Dual diaphragm booster to be used by the top 5 manufacturers in India for Car & MUV segment.
And, almost all boosters in these segments are similarly localized, irrespective of ABS or Non-ABS variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks