Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2016, 23:18   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!

OK so I have a doubt.

Suppose I move to Bangalore from say Delhi for nine months and carry my car along with me. As per the new order, I don't need to pay the LTT for a period of one year. Considering this, and also the fact that I will be returning back in 9 months, I decide not to apply for a NOC in Delhi to re-register the car in Bangalore. However what was supposed to be a temporary movement to Bangalore, ends up being permanent at the end of 9 months.

Now what do I do? I pay the LTT? Since obviously I will be using the car in Bangalore for more than 1 year. But I believe law also says that you need to re-register the car at the new state if you stay for more than 12 months. How do I get the NOC now from Delhi RTO?

Another question is how does Bangalore RTO establish that you have stayed for more than a year?
Old 25th March 2016, 10:02   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
OT.But worth a read.
I lived in Montreal, CA for some time. When I rented an apartment there, I was asked to pay only the first month's and last month's rent along with the rental paperwork. That is, deposit was only one month's rent.
Old 26th March 2016, 21:00   #273
Senior - BHPian

Today's Deccan Chronicle.

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-1459006224025.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 00:56   #274
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

Defense,PSU,Nationalized Banks & Central Govt employees who come to Karnataka on a transfer are entitled to pay yearly road tax of Rs 2,000 for a 4 wheeler and Rs 500 for a 2 wheeler.

They should have purchased the vehicle before the date of transfer.If anyone wants to avail this facility, please let me know and i shall assist them in paying yearly tax.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 07:08   #275
Senior - BHPian

Another scenario and advice needed. If I travel every weekend to Chennai but work out of bangalore during weekdays can I avoid going through any changes including LLT, registration etc.

My situation is such that I may have to work out of Bangalore for a year while family stays in Chennai visiting everyweekend. Hopefully.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 08:23   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Another scenario and advice needed. If I travel every weekend to Chennai but work out of bangalore during weekdays can I avoid going through any changes including LLT, registration etc.

My situation is such that I may have to work out of Bangalore for a year while family stays in Chennai visiting everyweekend. Hopefully.
Straight from the horse's mouth.

Waseem
Attached Thumbnails
Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-1459133586774.jpg  

Old 28th March 2016, 18:26   #277
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Waseem. But I am confused more now. I have this car for 6 years and it's only between July 2016 to July 2017 I have to work out of Bangalore and I am not even shifting to Bangalore.

It is almost like using the car only 5 days a week after travelling to Bangalore. It's like a temp visit to me .

Does this mean no one can travel to bangalore without KA registration at all.
Old 29th March 2016, 00:14   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Straight from the horse's mouth.

Waseem
Again ONCE A MONTH? Tell them its once in 11 months now. Sheer stupidity.

EDIT 2011 article

Last edited by H_Dogg72 : 29th March 2016 at 00:15.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 08:15   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Thanks Waseem. But I am confused more now. I have this car for 6 years and it's only between July 2016 to July 2017 I have to work out of Bangalore and I am not even shifting to Bangalore.

It is almost like using the car only 5 days a week after travelling to Bangalore. It's like a temp visit to me .

Does this mean no one can travel to bangalore without KA registration at all.
Karnataka RTO officials are known to harass people who were transiting Bangalore from MH,AP,TS to reach tourist destinations.

You need to be careful and confident when you use Non Karnataka Registered Vehicle in Bangalore.

Waseem.
Old 29th March 2016, 10:02   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karnataka RTO officials are known to harass people who were transiting Bangalore from MH,AP,TS to reach tourist destinations.

You need to be careful and confident when you use Non Karnataka Registered Vehicle in Bangalore.

Waseem.
Though i have traversed through Bangalore number of times to goto my hometown in Kerala, infact last year me and my family had stayed in Bangalore for almost a week which included visiting Mysore, and out of sheer luck we were never stopped by the police. However I carried ample documents which included-
1-All the toll receipts right from Pune.Since i used to frequently visit Mumbai, preserved all the toll reciepts of one month.
2-Hotel (had stayed at Kolhapur) and restaurant bills right from Pune.
3-All service bills of my car.
4-Company ID card.
5- Permanent and temporary address proof.
6- Shopping and grocery bills (purchased with my credit card) of past 1 month.
7-Dash cam footage.
8-My parents had come 3 days before to Pune by train-preserved their train ticket,platform ticket and uber receipt (had gone to receive them).
9- Ample of photographs mostly selfies i had purposely taken for two weeks.
10-Mentally prepared to be harassed.
It's a pity as a citizen of this country i or anyone have to undergo such tortures to roam freely. I have had lot of opportunities to shift to Bangalore but declined it since peace of mind is something I would rather have rather than parting with my hard earned money to such greedy misfits.
But, yes if i do move in to a state which demands me staying there for a longer time or maybe permanent, paying up the taxes will be the first thing i would do.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 00:23   #281
Senior - BHPian

Today's Indian Express

Waseem
Attached Thumbnails
Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-1459363985595.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 10:35   #282
Senior - BHPian

This was posted on our FB group.I am posting this only to show the mentality of few people and not to start a debate.

First i like to thank Mr Waseem for all his effort due to which i could get my documents back.Yesterday after 6 months i went to KR Puram RTO to collect my documents. I reached rto office at 11 am. I expalined my documents need to be released. I took my friend along to help me overcome language barrier as i cannot speak kanada local language. They asked me Insurance and PUC certificate of Pune where my car belongs. I present it and its original. They ask old insurance papers to confirm its from pune. i gave that too. The officer made a comment which really put my friend in depression and disappointment. " Do you have brains!! why are you supporting this outside guy being a local person. If you go to his state will he support you for such cause? " I was sad my friend had to listen as we had no option to listen and try to get documents back without ritalitation. Finally around 4 pm i got my RC and Driving Licence back and i was asked to give affedivite stating my car will go back to Pune. I did try from near shop but they do not make such affedevite and asked to go Ramamurthy market area 5km away. I asked officer so he said ok write on paper and sign and give. I did it and paid 200 Rs fine. He told me your car is 9 yrs old and ur liable to pay 38k but we are allowing you as you given original documents. I am now sending my Car to pune.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 1st April 2016 at 10:37.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 19:34   #283
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

I have some important news to share with all of you.

Our Legal Counsel has been appointed as the Additional Advocate General of Karnataka.
We will have to find a new advocate very soon as the Government is on the verge of filing an appeal against the judgement.

I will keep you all updated on the same.

Waseem.
Old 1st April 2016, 20:14   #284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
......Our Legal Counsel has been appointed as the Additional Advocate General of Karnataka.......
Didn't your Counsel for the 'Drive Without Borders' case in Kashmir go through the same?

Call me cynical, but I'm beginning to suspect Sarkari tactics. Well-deserved appointment if based purely on merit, but twice in TWO cases is too much of a co-incidence w.r.t. timing.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st April 2016 at 20:35.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 20:33   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I have some important news to share with all of you.

Our Legal Counsel has been appointed as the Additional Advocate General of Karnataka.
We will have to find a new advocate very soon as the Government is on the verge of filing an appeal against the judgement.

I will keep you all updated on the same.

Waseem.
So that means that your erstwhile lawyer will now fight on behalf of the government against you.

This is just like poaching your competition.

Hope your case gets through the next rounds of court dispute.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks