Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2017, 18:59   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

SWIFT SPORT reviewed by Autocar, preserves its DNA.

Quote:
The sportier Suzuki Swift’s chirpy character is preserved, and with the bonus of more power and more tech. Handling could be more responsive, but it's fun nevertheless
Quote:
The differences on paper may only be a 4bhp power increase but it's on the torque front where the Swift Sport benefits from a peak torque of 162lb ft over the previous gen's puny 110lb ft.
Quote:
even on a modest throttle opening in the lower trio of gears, the Swift Sport surges forward with the kind of joyful, uncomplicated zeal that reminds you of pre-injection hot hatches if you’re old enough or, more recently, previous iterations of the cheerfully brisk Swift Sport.
Quote:
There’s refinement besides the verve, with the engine quietening at a cruise and the ride absorbent enough not to be incessantly reminding you that you’re having fun of a sporting kind.

link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 19:38   #452
Senior - BHPian

Put a big sunroof and sell it in India. People will buy them !

The design is really growing up and looks very good. If only they launch the hot version as a halo car ! I dont know what they will lose since all they have to import are the better the engines.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:29   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki SWIFT SPORT Fuel tests mirrors its FE figures to the catalouge,

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-1.jpg
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-2.jpg

Quote:
The actual fuel consumption of the new Swift Sports is almost equal to the fuel mileage of the catalog, and it is a much consentable value considering the performance of the car itself.
Moreover, it has high total comprehensive power suitable for expressing as "standard product of compact hot hatch", and makes it feel like "Suzuki is just doing a compact hot hatch for a long time" to an attractive sports model It can be asserted that it is finished.

It is reasonably priced that a car with content that is full of content has a price of 2 million yen or less with safety equipment, it can be said that it is exceptional. I would like to give praise to the new Swift Sports with the word "fast, cheap, fun
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-00.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd November 2017 at 08:34.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:52   #454
Senior - BHPian

I personally think that Maruti should get completely new model for Swift now, what i mean here is let Dzire be its own separate brand. Considering success new Dzire has got, it deserves to be its own character, own image. It should not be considered as a grown up swift IMHO. All together new Swift will get more customers for Maruti.
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:14   #455
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I personally think that Maruti should get completely new model for Swift now, what i mean here is let Dzire be its own separate brand. Considering success new Dzire has got, it deserves to be its own character, own image. It should not be considered as a grown up swift IMHO. All together new Swift will get more customers for Maruti.
I think they are on their way to do just that. There is a reason why they omitted the Swift badge from the latest gen Dzire (which does not look like the Swift with a boot anymore).

Last edited by Oxy : 2nd November 2017 at 16:15.
Old 7th November 2017, 22:58   #456
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought. I took a test drive for Baleno and found to have real bad suspension, resulting in not to consider it in near future as my next car. The drive was also not great at all, I test drove Jazz and i20 active back to back after Baleno. The later cars were far better in terms of drive quality and smoothness on rough roads than Baleno.
Coming to the point that new Swift will be based on similar platform of reduced weight, I hope they do not make similar changes making it as a bad driveable car compared to current Gen 2 swift. There is a video on Autocar that clearly calls out this will not be a driver's car.
Any opinions
Old 7th November 2017, 23:37   #457
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Any opinions
If I remember correctly, there was a recent recall for replacement of struts on the Baleno. It could be that the TD car was from the batch that needs a replacement of struts but dealer being dealers haven't replaced them (and being a TD car usually means they're abused). Please check the Baleno official review thread for details, I think @DrNaren has also posted about that after getting struts replaced on his Baleno.
Check on this before you rule out the car completely from your list of contenders.
The i20 Active is also a very good car.
And I would trust a honest review by Team BHP more than any other review/opinion.

Last edited by NPV : 7th November 2017 at 23:40.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 23:41   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Just a thought. I took a test drive for Baleno and found to have real bad suspension, resulting in not to consider it in near future as my next car. The drive was also not great at all, I test drove Jazz and i20 active back to back after Baleno. The later cars were far better in terms of drive quality and smoothness on rough roads than Baleno.
Coming to the point that new Swift will be based on similar platform of reduced weight, I hope they do not make similar changes making it as a bad driveable car compared to current Gen 2 swift. There is a video on Autocar that clearly calls out this will not be a driver's car.
Any opinions
Drive the Baleno RS once, just for the sake of evaluating the suspension. The new Baleno's updated suspension feels exactly same.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 00:27   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Drive the Baleno RS once, just for the sake of evaluating the suspension. The new Baleno's updated suspension feels exactly same.
Maruti Suzuki is usually quick to fix issues like this. They will fix issues silently and those fixes are always effective
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 08:22   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Maruti Suzuki is usually quick to fix issues like this. They will fix issues silently and those fixes are always effective

Even if they fix the suspension, the steering feel, repoted by Autocar in their YouTube video review, is just poor. Their is just no feel or feedback from the steering. The Gen1 Swift had excellent driving dynamics, which the Gen2 lost to a certain extent and the upcoming car is just going to be rubbish in being a driver's car.
Old 9th November 2017, 17:45   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It could be that the TD car was from the batch that needs a replacement of struts but dealer being dealers haven't replaced them (and being a TD car usually means they're abused).
Yes, quite possible. It was ~30000 km driven vehicle and after having some chassis penetrating jerks/shocks to me and my parents, that was my first question to the sales person on how many kilometers that car had run. It is crazy from Maruti to keep such an "abused" car for TD and make that sort of impression. Anyways I have not ruled out this car from my list after all that comments I got here. But need to check with some other showroom with proper car to have "Nexa experience" (That's what their website is)

Last edited by rajivtelang : 9th November 2017 at 17:48.
Old 9th November 2017, 18:08   #462
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Maruti has been silently carrying out replacements for the Baleno's front and rear shock absorbers, coil springs, front stabilizer bars, etc

It is not clear whether this is an official recall, but on customer complaints of harsh, bumpy and noisy ride, it is being done. This issue has been addressed in the newer batches of cars.
Old 15th November 2017, 12:13   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Swift wins the 2018 RJC Car of the Year Award in Japan.

Suzuki Motor Corporation’s Swift compact car has won 2018 RJC Car of the Year award, promoted by the Automotive Researchers’ and Journalists’ Conference of Japan (RJC).

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-01_o.jpg

Quote:
Commenting on the reason for giving away the award, RJC said, “The Swift series offers a variety of models including the Swift Sport and a hybrid variant to a wide range of users. Especially, the Swift Sport with six-speed manual transmission has excellent driving performance, manoeuvrability, and sporty performance. The uniquely-structured hybrid variant is matched with five-speed Auto Gear Shift, and inexpensively offers many benefits of a hybrid.”

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 09:20   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki SWIFT spied testing in Thailand,

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswiftthailandspyshot.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift2018thailandspyshot750x474.jpg

link
Old 4th December 2017, 17:39   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki is reportedly gearing up to launch the entire Swift family in India next year.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-swiftsport.jpg

Quote:
The lowest priced all-new 2018 Swift will be the petrol powered model. It’ll feature the same 1.2 liter K-Series petrol engine that’s found on the current (2nd-generation) Swift.
The Swift Diesel will probably be the most popular version of the car. As is the case with the present version, the new car will use a Fiat Multijet turbodiesel engine displacing 1,248 cc and making 74 Bhp-190 Nm.
For the first time ever, Maruti will sell the Swift Petrol with an automatic option, in this case the 5 speed AMT unit. The 1.2 liter K-Series petrol engine will be retained.
The diesel powered Swift will also get an AMT option. Again, this is a combination that’s never been offered before on the Swift. The Diesel AMT should be a big draw among the new Swift buyers as it offers both convenience and fuel efficiency – a rare combination in automatic cars.
Maruti is expected to launch the Swift Sport here. The car features a 1.4 liter turbo petrol motor with 138 Bhp-230 Nm on tap. Weight? 960 Kgs. Do the math. A 6 speed manual gearbox will be standard.
The Swift Hybrid has already landed into India for research by Maruti engineers. The car is likely to be launched in the Indian market by the end of next year. The car will be a petrol-hybrid, using the 1.2 liter K-Series petrol engine and a 10 Kw electric motor. The gearbox will be a 5 speed AMT.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-2018suzukiswifthybrid.jpg

Cartoq
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks