Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2018, 11:11   #541
BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Awesome scoop! That's how a Swift should be- short, wide, red! Good to see Maruti not messing up with the alloy wheel design. The 2018 Swift will be the most mod friendly car for a long time. The S logo in the front grill has got to go first, add some nice wheels and wider tyres, lowered suspension and you got yourself a hottest looking car. It will be a sad sight to see people adding chrome grill, chrome ORVM's and other chrome accessories
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 11:15   #542
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: 3rd gen Maruti Suzuki Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
This scoop will be all over the car blogs and sites now...
Its already up on Cartoq. Link

With due credits ofcourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Thanks to a friend who prefers to remain anonymous. Note the NEXA style of Badging. I guess eventually all MSIL products will follow this theme....
Thanks for the wonderful scoop Shashi. Its so nice to see no chrome. Hope it remains that way in the final product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Build quality will be the same what New Dzire has.
Is the build quality of Dzire superior to the Baleno? Tried reading through the official reviews once more and this is what I could see mentioned.

For Dzire:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Overall build quality is however satisfactory - it’s not Euro solid, but it feels better than Maruti’s usually light + flimsy builds.
For Baleno:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• Light build quality (weighs merely 865 kilos). Lacks the solidity of its rivals
Didn't get a chance to check out the Dzire personally but Baleno feels pretty light(My neighbor has one).
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 11:16   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Awesome scoop! That's how a Swift should be- short, wide, red! Good to see Maruti not messing up with the alloy wheel design.
I hope I am proved wrong by Maruti, but I doubt that these alloy wheel designs might make it to the productions model available to the consumer, other than probably the top end model. Maruti's alloy wheels of late have left a lot to be desired, and certainly hope that they buck this trend with nice designs this time.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 11:20   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop: 3rd gen Maruti Suzuki Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Didn't get a chance to check out the Dzire personally but Baleno feels pretty light(My neighbor has one).
The Dzire feels better built than the Baleno, due to different design and creases. The panels don't cave in as easily as the Baleno(I once pressed a panel and it didn't flex back ). But technically speaking, the sheet metal thickness and other parameters are similar.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 12:00   #545
Senior - BHPian

Those Alloys should easily be among the best stock design available in market. Now please launch the Swift sport to suit the body style! And probably 1.5 diesel mill to replace the aging 1.3 DDiS?
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 12:36   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys,

Any idea on the presence of Automatic version? Swift is one of the popular car of Maruti without any Automatic variant. Any information on the kind of Automatic - CVT or AMT?
The new Swift will be available in ZXi+ and ZDi+ variants as well, both also being equipped with AMT. So anyone willing to book the plus variants can do so as well as AMT in petrol or Diesel variant. This is from a confirmed source. My guess is that AMT will be available from VXi/VDi level.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 13:03   #547
Senior - BHPian

I will think twice before buying a Swift if it falls under Nexa, and so will regular Maruti customers who have brought Maruti's all their lives, reason being?

I have already forged relationships with my friendly neighbourhood Maruti service stations who are mostly non Nexa's, I have over the years developed that comfort level and trust with them, that is one of the reasons I chose a Maruti over say a Hyundai, years of trust and experiences, now by making me go to a NEXA, whom I have no relationship experiences of trust in the past, I am being put in a fix.

Right now, anything goes wrong with my car, I get up on a holiday, head there and know that I am in the right hands, please Maruti, keep me in these right hands only, I don't want a change of hands!
humyum is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 13:15   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I will think twice before buying a Swift if it falls under Nexa, and so will regular Maruti customers who have brought Maruti's all their lives, reason being?

Nexa is primarily a sales outlet. You can get the car bought from Nexa serviced at any Maruti service centers.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 12th January 2018 at 13:16.
Old 12th January 2018, 13:32   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Nexa is primarily a sales outlet. You can get the car bought from Nexa serviced at any Maruti service centers.
I thought Nexa cars need to go to Nexa authorised service stations only?
Old 12th January 2018, 13:57   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have seen Nexa specific service at some maruti service centers. Also heard that Maruti will bring up Nexa only service centers. In short they will be Suzuki but in their own world. I hope their service price will not be premium for wallets though.
Old 12th January 2018, 14:23   #551
BHPian

Am i the only one to think that Swift has lost all the old character. I have always loved the smiling grill, swept back head lights and the rounded boot door. It is for the same i had bought a swift earlier. This appears to have a punto/hyundai ish grill and a boxy boot.

I don't like it

Last edited by drashkum : 12th January 2018 at 14:27.
drashkum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 14:28   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have already forged relationships with my friendly neighbourhood Maruti service stations who are mostly non Nexa's, I have over the years developed that comfort level and trust with them, that is one of the reasons I chose a Maruti over say a Hyundai, years of trust and experiences, now by making me go to a NEXA, whom I have no relationship experiences of trust in the past, I am being put in a fix.

Right now, anything goes wrong with my car, I get up on a holiday, head there and know that I am in the right hands, please Maruti, keep me in these right hands only, I don't want a change of hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Quote:
The situation today is that Maruti cars can go to Dealer Workshops, MASS and MSM, whereas the NEXA ones can be serviced only at Dealer Workshops and MSMs. Yes, not all Maruti workshops are the same!!

For more details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html

Somehow even I am not comfortable with Dealer Workshops because they are the ones mostly responsible for doing all the wrong practices. In my city, they aren't even competent enough for Minor jobs.

Still some people are adamantly going to Normal MASS with their NEXA cars, only to have issues once warranty claim comes up. Maruti for the time being is quiet on the matter, but only till their NEXA dedicated workshops come up. Sorry for going off topic, but I think we should continue this workshop related discussion in the above mentioned thread.

Having said that, I am sure Swift won't come in NEXA. I just think the badging will eventually become uniform once the Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms come up. This is a step in that direction.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 15:23   #553
Senior - BHPian

Car looks great, but I would think twice before getting these latest gen Maruti cars(I own a swift), at the end of the day, build quality DOES matter, cars getting dented just because someone was leaning on it is just unacceptable!

Give us cars that are built like S cross or even Breeza, anything less will surely dent (pun intended) their brand image.
Old 12th January 2018, 16:16   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Am i the only one to think that Swift has lost all the old character. I have always loved the smiling grill, swept back head lights and the rounded boot door. It is for the same i had bought a swift earlier. This appears to have a punto/hyundai ish grill and a boxy boot.

I don't like it
Totally agree. Personally, I don't like this new design one bit. The current Swift or even the 1st gen. Swift looked a lot better. The idea to move the rear door handle to the C pillar is horrendous. The rear door looks totally bare now. The front fascia which kind of suits the DZire looks out of place on the Swift. All in all, the car does not look sporty at all.

Also, by retaining the overall length of the car at 3.85 metres, the boot space and rear bench leg room are still going to be tight. MUL could have always used the Jazz/WR-V design philosophy of stretching the car all the way to just under 4 metres and liberating some more leg room and boot space. Or maybe they just too worried that this will cannibalize sales of the DZire!!

Rather than AMT, the Swift should come equipped with CVT like the Baleno.

MUL is just milking the 1.3 DDiS and the 1.2 VVT engines until eternity. Same engines in every car!!

Last edited by fuel_addict : 12th January 2018 at 16:18.
Old 12th January 2018, 16:20   #555
BANNED

The car looks fabulous! minimal swift badging looks amazing.

One thing - the rear window is still small and the door handle further reduces the window's area. Sad to see one of the very few problems I had with the previous gen swifts is still being carried over.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed