Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2018, 10:22   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
(how much does a temperature gauge in the cluster cost, for example?).
Forget the cost which I really don't think is the reason. The reason is what you just said that backfired now :

Quote:
The leader is supposed to set the benchmark, not follow it.
Obviously, the leader didn't benchmark by omitting the temperature gauge but merely followed many other manufacturers who don't give dials either for Fuel or Temperature (Bar and Warning light for both respectively).

Else most of the MSIL cars till recent past always had dials for fuel and temperature and many of us always loved the old school way.

They wanted to ape other cars in terms of features and cool quotient; they did so, but here we are hating what they did and cribbing about the absence of dials .

If they are reading this, they will soon launch the Limited Edition All new Swift that will come with dials for both fuel and temperature.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 10:29   #662
Senior - BHPian

Must say that the absence of analogue temperature and fuel gauges are shockers. I absolutely love the cluster of the outgoing Swift, which I own, where the instrument pod is simple, legible and easy to read, and comes with sweet looking temperature and fuel dials. For the life of me I cannot fathom how much of cost saving Maruti will enjoy by omitting these.

The only possible reason that I can think of is that the Sport version launching later will have the full fat instrument console with analogue dials and a color MID screen.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 10:47   #663
BANNED

As Ignis is not doing well, Maruti can't increase the price of Swift to leave a huge vacuum. That may be the reason not many features are added / something removed in the new Swift.

All these suggest something better is coming soon in the same segment - feature rich, automatic and 2-toned. Is that the Swift Sport or the Future-S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I would further narrow it down to the Future-S will be a SWIFT based 'SUV-ish' having dual-tone , etc. with loads of customization and overlapping in price in certain variants
  • Baleno is priced around 50K more than Swift.
  • The Brezza Diesel base is selling at 7.25L. So, a Petrol when launched can be priced around 6.25L. So, the gap between Swift base Petrol and Brezza base Petrol will be around 1.4L.
  • If the speculated Future-S is sitting on the Swift platform (Brezza is on the Global-C SUV platform), it can be priced around 75K more than Swift.
  • If Swift Sport comes with a 1L BoosterJet, it will be priced around 1L more than Swift.

Maruti may be literally filling every inch in that segment.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th January 2018 at 11:17.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 10:53   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
All these suggest something better is coming soon in the same segment - feature rich, automatic and 2-toned. Is that the Swift Sport or the Future-S?
I would further narrow it down to the Future-S will be a SWIFT based 'SUV-ish' having dual-tone , etc. with loads of customization and overlapping in price in certain variants
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 10:57   #665
Senior - BHPian

Here's the Brochure.

[ATTACH=New Swift-Brochure.pdf]1718691[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Swift-Brochure.pdf (2.36 MB, 946 views)
Old 19th January 2018, 11:13   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
There is some embargo in place which will actually be lifted after some days, after all the media houses and journos have driven it.
Embargo is on till Saturday afternoon.

I expect a deluge of superfast "first drive" reviews flooding the internet from Saturday evening onwards. A bunch of reviewers in such a tearaway hurry that they will be giving feedback on petrols when driving the diesels, and vice versa.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 11:19   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Embargo is on till Saturday afternoon.

I expect a deluge of superfast "first drive" reviews flooding the internet from Saturday evening onwards. A bunch of reviewers in such a tearaway hurry that they will be giving feedback on petrols when driving the diesels, and vice versa.
... meanwhile at TBHP headquarters, GTO tries to shove three people into the boot to test the volumetrics while Ajmaat nitpicks the grey color mismatch between the engine bay and the interiors.

j/k .. looking forward to the TBHP review. Hopefully, TBHP got the opportunity as well.
Mad Max is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 11:34   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Pick of the lot- Midnight Blue Swift (again)

Attachment 1718633

Attachment 1718632

Attachment 1718634

Link
Indeed looks Posh and wicked! The color is going to be instant hit and potential customer should be ready to hear this " Midnight blue 6 months waiting" .
Old 19th January 2018, 11:45   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
First drive of the 2018 Swift, by CnB
The sombre tone and body language of SVP gives it away. But people will still flock to showrooms and create a brouhaha over the waiting period.

What does perplex me is the usability of that rear door handle. Not only does it lack appeal, but I think (and this is an assumption from the pic) it will be quite a stretch to pull the handle and the door.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:53   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

A closer look at the Midnight blue shade:

Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:18   #671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Obviously, the leader didn't benchmark by omitting the temperature gauge but merely followed many other manufacturers....
I'm of the opinion our market holds Maruti to a different (arguably lower) standard than everyone else.

I remember the current-gen Figo thread; the official review poked fun at the car for being too much 'like a Maruti' (not in a good way), and the thread is replete with comments of 'if I want a Maruti, I'll buy one'.

That, to me, indicates two things:

1. The market doesn't expect Maruti products to be better than they currently are.

2. The market is unwilling to accept Maruti-grade cars from other manufacturers.

Their legacy and market share is touted as justification for everything they do, but that won't hide the actual (de)merits of their product.

Quote:
....Else most of the MSIL cars till recent past always had dials for fuel and temperature and many of us always loved the old school way.....
And that's how it should be. I'm yet to meet a single person who thinks an overheating indicator is a better idea than a graduated C-H gauge, analog or digital.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:19   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I have seen the car in person. The new platform HEARTACT has a tighter engine bay releasing more cabin space. The new Swift's cabin actually offers about 40 mm additional leg room. The headroom and the cabin width has also gone up.

You will certainly not feel cramped in rear in this car compared to the older Swift.

Cheers !
Thank you for pointing that out, Will see the car in person before I decide, but prima facie, looking at the C&B video, I'm not happy with the looks. Anyways, I will reserve my judgement till I see the car in person.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:20   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
As Ignis is not doing well, Maruti can't increase the price of Swift to leave a huge vacuum. That may be the reason not many features are added / something removed in the new Swift.
The didn't increase the price of the new Dzire as well. I guess they are following the same pricing strategy as with Dzire and would stick to the same pricing as before with the new Z+ variant increasing the price band.
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:25   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
And that's how it should be. I'm yet to meet a single person who thinks an overheating indicator is a better idea than a graduated C-H gauge, analog or digital.
True! And to many others who you or I may have not met, who obviously would form part of the 'majority' of buyers who we always disassociate from the usual enthusiasts the digital exhibit of something that was analog is cool and gadgetry! That is exactly how I would see this. I am even sure that even for MSIL, this may seem like one step forward as many other car makers have done away with analog gauge.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:41   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Get used to this.

This is how the New Swift will look when it comes to your neighborhood.

Source:ACI

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-00.jpg

First clue from the drive,

Quote:
Drove the All New Swift and I xxxx it very much.
Opinions embargoed till tomorrow, till then enjoy the sun rising over the Swift on a pleasant Lonavala morning.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dt4ku5qx4aahd_c.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th January 2018 at 12:49.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks