Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2018, 14:08   #886
BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Why not a manual transmission if you are drivin only 2.5 k kms a year?

I would not compromise on the equipment( read as gearbox) and safety on any vehicle however sparingly used. What is the price difference of the Baleno Delta CVT and the Swift AGS?
Swift ZXI AMT 8,40,000
Baleno Delga 8.90,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Apologies but don't think you need a car in the first place for a very low usage. Why not take a cab for such short distance travel or a cycle?
Good Point. I don’t have a car now for the last one year. I have not felt much of a need for one as well. Two reasons why I am looking for a car now -
1) Haven’t had great experience with Zoomcar when I took it out for long trips. The cars are not well maintained and the service is bad
2) Pressure from parents, relatives, neighbors, etc. Even today not having a car or not buying one after selling your previous car is seen in a negative way.

Hope you understand.
Old 10th February 2018, 15:10   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Good Point. I don’t have a car now for the last one year. I have not felt much of a need for one as well. Two reasons why I am looking for a car now -
1) Haven’t had great experience with Zoomcar when I took it out for long trips. The cars are not well maintained and the service is bad
2) Pressure from parents, relatives, neighbors, etc. Even today not having a car or not buying one after selling your previous car is seen in a negative way.

Hope you understand.
I completely understand. I just thought you can save the lakhs you will be spending on a car that will be sparsely used.

In that case I feel Swift manual should do just fine. However if rear space is a major requirement, then it will be Baleno mid variant.

All the best for your purchase.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 20:11   #888
Distinguished - BHPian

The confusion continues - Baleno or Swift more so boils down to Nexa vs Maruti Suzuki Arena ?

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 09:11   #889
BHPian

Hi guys,

Been following the car launch on this thread for quite a while. Have the deliveries of the car started as well? Yesterday, I saw one, probably a V variant here in Hyderabad. Could not take a pic since the car was on a round about and we were taking different exits. The car was the midnight blue shade and I must tell you that it makes an awesome road presence. When the Ray Blue Baleno was launched, I was mighty impressed with the shade. But this shade of blue stands out even further.
Good luck to Maruti here.
Old 11th February 2018, 09:25   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Hi guys,Been following the car launch on this thread for quite a while. Have the deliveries of the car started as well?

Yes the deliveries have started. I have seen a couple on road in Bangalore. Guess only the Red and Blue have been manufactured and dispatched in the first lot. I remember even the first dispatches of the Creta were Maroon and White.
Old 11th February 2018, 10:40   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
That's just 2 months of sales for MSIL

I think with this pricing of Swift, MSIL made sure that they have enough headroom to move Baleno up the pricing ladder at par with i20 and Jazz, during its launch of facelift.

Also, for an average customer the pricing of Baleno may not be known since they don't have access to Baleno in the same showroom, in order to compare the prices, and that will be the key for MSIL to push the new Swift.
Spot on! Maybe, now that's one of the reasons MSIL introduced NEXA!
Give better products (read value for money) in urban areas where other brands are present and competition is tough. Milk customers of rural area with products having fat margins because very few brands are present at rural areas. Heck, some towns/villages have presence of no other brand apart from Maruti.
Old 11th February 2018, 11:18   #892
Team-BHP Support

South Bangalore dealers seem to have received Red and Silver in the first lot. Saw a bunch parked outside Bimal BSK 3rd Stage and another lot at Kalyani near ORR-Mysore Road Junction.
Old 11th February 2018, 12:08   #893
BHPian

I saw a red and white in Kalyani motors on Bannerghatta Road. The car sure looks good inside and out with better space management and lot of creature comforts in the top variant.

The dashboard and instrument cluster is smashing. Backseat leg space was great too for my height which is 5.7. along with the increased car width, should be able to seat 3 people.

I wish the Baleno had the interiors of the swift! It would be a killer combo.
Old 11th February 2018, 13:14   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore Update (specific to Bimal)

- 100 cars in stock - top variant is limited. no white cars in the first lot

- 150 bookings on hand. However, if you have all finance, then you will get preference on delivery.

- 100 cars delivery planned (single lot) on 16th Feb.

- Insurance can be chosen as you desire.

- Maruti has gone aggressive on delivery, next batch arriving in a couple of days.

- Likely to be on top of Feb sales seeing the trend.

- Test drive in full swing

- Top 3 colours ( Magma Grey, Midnight Blue and Fire Red)

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-01.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180211_111009.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180211_110859.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180211_105740.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180211_101136.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180211_101209.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2018 at 19:41. Reason: Typos
volkman10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 11:40   #895
BHPian

I have booked New Swift Vxi and waiting for allotment. I would like to understand if there a better/equivalent car in the market to be considered at the Swift vxi price point.
  • This car is for my wife's daily commute to office. Dual airbag and ABS are mandatory
  • She has learned to drive recently
  • Expected mileage is 500 KMs per month and occasional highway trips
  • We prefer a manual car rather than AGS. CVT might escalate our budget.
  • We have Crete Diesel for highway trips and for my office commute
  • Initially we thought of going for Celerio. But the variants with dual airbag and ABS are pricey and it was close the previous generation swift vxi(o)
Old 12th February 2018, 11:41   #896
BHPian

Since I was confused between the Baleno Delta CVT and Swift ZXI AMT, I decided to test drive both these cars back to back. On road price of Swift ZXI AMT in my city is 7.8 lakhs and the Baleno Delta CVT is 8.1 lakhs. (Including Extended Warranty). At the cost of being verbose, I would like to narrate the entire experience here:

Checking out the New Swift:
It was a Sunday morning and the showroom was reasonably crowded. It was a regular MS showroom with absolutely nothing glamorous about it except the cars on display. Your presence wouldn't be noticed unless you go and stand next to a car like a kid at a candy shop. Some guy dressed in a t-shirt and jeans walked up to me and asked if I am interested in the New Swift since I had been looking around the car for about 5-10 minutes. I said yes and he asked me to follow him to a desk. As a Team-BHPian I already had all the information about the car except the fuel efficiency figures and some doubts about the MID so I didn't want to waste his time and just asked him -
"Kitna mileage deti hai?" (How much mileage does it give?)
Him - "Accha deti hai." (Good enough)
Me - "Haan, par kitna?" (Yes, but how much?)
Him - "22"
Me - "MID mein distance to empty dikhata hai?" (Does the MID show distance to empty?)
Him - *awkward silence*
Me - "Matlab driver ke saamne wale display mein gaadi ka range batayega ki kitna kilometre chalegi aur?" (I mean in the display in front of the driver, is the car's range displayed - how many more kilometres it will run?)
Him - "Haan kitna kilometre gaadi chali hai woh dikhayega." (Yes. it shows how many kilomotres the car has run.)
Me - "Nai nai main woh nai puch raha tha. Chalo theek hai. Automatic mein AMT hai toh thoda jerk lagega na gear change mein?" (No, no, I'm not asking that. Anyway. The automatic is an AMT, so a jerk will be felt when the gears change, right?)
Him - "Sir automatic mein gear change kyu hoga?" (Sir, what will gears change in an automatic?)
Me - "Accha theek hai. Mujhe iske aur Baleno Automatic ke beech mein confusion hai isiliye puch raha tha." (Alright. I am confused between this car and the Baleno automatic, that's why I was asking.)
Him - "Sir iska aur Baleno ka sab same hai. Engine, gear sab kuch. Baleno badi hai par features kam hai aur isme kam price mein zyaada features hai. Bas thodi si chhoti hai Baleno se." (Sir, this one and Baleno are same. Engine, gears, everything. Balen is bigm but has lesser features. This one is priced lower and has more features. It's just a little smaller than the Baleno.)
Me - "Ok. Thank you. On road price milegi?" (OK. Thank you. May I have the on road price?)
Him - *Brings out a sheet where prices included 11k for accessories*
Me - "Isme accessories kaunsi hai?" (What accessories are in this?)
Him - "Sir pura kit aata hai. Seat cover aur mat ka." (Sir, a full kit comes. Seat covers and mats.)
Me - "Optional hai na woh toh?" (Isn't that optional?)
Him (thinks for a second) - "Nai sir. Yeh to compulsory hai." (No sir, this is compulsory.)
Me - "Aisa kaisa ho sakta hai ki accessory compulsory hai?" (How is it possible that accessories are compulsory?)
Him - *awkward silence*
Me - "Ok. Thanks. Test drive milega AMT ka?" (My I get a test drive of the AMT?)
Him - "Sir AMT mein test drive nai hai. Aap number de do. Aayega tab call karuga." (Sir, no test drives of the AMT are available. Give me your number and I'll call you when the car is available.)

So I decided to check the Swift ZXI+ on display. The car has personality. No doubt about it. The sheet metal quality seemed better than my 2014 WagonR. I would say the same levels as a Baleno or an Ignis. The interior quality is unmistakably MS. No surprise there! However, I was pleasantly surprised by the dash design. I would vote it as the best Maruti Suzuki Dashboard Design across the range. The steering adds further to the sportiness. I really wanted to test drive because the steering and speedometer layout really looks like it is inviting you to start the fun. Getting in the front seats was no problem and both were comfy and not too soft or firm. The rear half of the car is another story. We were left asking for more headroom (I am 5'10" and my father is 6 feet tall). There was no way I could put the driver seat in my driving position and expect him to sit behind without his knees touching the front seats. No doubt it is a big improvement over the old Swift but this is no Baleno. The boot space too is much better now. The width has improved too and we didn't really face major issues sitting 3 at the back. The rear seat recline was neutral. Waiting period quoted was 2 months for the Petrol AMT!

I would say this car is a big upgrade on the old gen Swift but I will leave it to the junta to decide if it's worth the price hike too.

Checking out the Baleno Delta CVT:

We entered the Nexa showrom which felt less crowded due to the large area. As I entered, the receptionist took down my details and asked which car I was interested in. Soon a relationship manager dressed in a grey suit came up to us and took us to the display car (an Alpha manual). I told him that I have already made my mind about the Delta CVT. He promptly took me to a Delta CVT TD car. Since I mentioned about the Swift ZXI AMT he was quick to mention the advantage of a CVT over an AMT (I swear, this is the first MS sales person I have met who knew the difference between an AMT and a CVT. Even on my previous Nexa visits the sales guys were clueless. For them, automatic was automatic. Has Maruti trained their sales team to help customers differentiate between their automatics?). He further explained how Delta is the most VFM variant instead of trying to push the Zeta or the Alpha CVT to me. Since I had come with family, he made us all sit in the car to get the feel of the space. Although the interiors of the Baleno no longer look fresh, you can't complain about the space on offer. He offered a test drive. I agreed. On his recommendation we also decided to get into proper city traffic to experience the joys of an automatic and also tested the "S" mode on an empty stretch of road (I didn't see any noticeable difference except for a louder engine noise). I am not writing further on the Baleno's build quality or interiors because much has already been written about it.

We went inside the showroom again where he handed me an envelope containing the brochure and his card along with the price list. Accessories were listed here too but he quickly prompted that these are optional and completely upon us to purchase. He even clarified that the extended warranty can be purchased later too. Waiting period quoted was 6 weeks for a Delta CVT but early delivery is possible.

I have been to a Nexa showrom (albeit a different one) for the Baleno even before the New Swift was launched. Is it just me or is there some renewed enthusiasm in the Nexa sales team to sell the Baleno after the launch of the New Swift? Is it a case of facing heat from the same stable?

Last edited by Aditya : 14th February 2018 at 10:57. Reason: Adding translation
targaryen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 13:33   #897
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
I would like to understand if there a better/equivalent car in the market to be considered at the Swift vxi price point.
  • Initially we thought of going for Celerio. But the variants with dual airbag and ABS are pricey and it was close the previous generation swift vxi(o)
You should try the Ignis as well. Smaller dimensions than Swift and higher seating position will help new drivers initially. Zeta with a similar price and more features, or Delta with similar features and less price.

I know people who bought Ignis as a second car, and then it became his first preference.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th February 2018 at 13:48.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 13:59   #898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Bangalore Update
So Swift has become a 10L gaadi in Bangalore now!

9.87L will soon become 10L after the introductory prices are over. Being Maruti - most people who book before launch itself will get the delivery post the price hike only.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 14:34   #899
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Bangalore Update (specific to Bimal)
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180211_105740.jpg

That person sitting there represents the confusion among the prospective Maruti customers:

Swift / Baleno?
Swift / Ignis?
Swift / DZire?
DZire / Ciaz?
Ciaz / Brezza?
Ciaz / Ertiga?
Arena / Nexa?
Petrol /Diesel?
Hatch / Sedan?
Sedan / SUV?
SUV / MPV?
Manual / Auto?
AMT / CVT?
New / Used?
Cash / Loan?
Then, Maruti / non-Maruti?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th February 2018 at 14:49.
romeomidhun is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 15:03   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That person sitting there represents the confusion among the prospective Maruti customers
Quote:
Then, Maruti / non-Maruti?
Yes, many would go through it. But ultimately most of them end up with Maruti itself. Maruti has given lot of options to the customers. "Convince, Confuse, Corrupt : The customer will walk out booking a Maruti car "

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 12th February 2018 at 15:05.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks