Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2018, 19:21   #961
BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I think you'd be the first in the country to get the car with such a short lead time.

Hopefully you'll be able to post some comprehensive pictures soon. Can't wait for them
Thanks for the good words! will post in coming couple of days (after removing seat plastics )

by the way,bhpian RavenAvi has shared youtube link of LXI variant here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

the new Swift's (base) LXi/LDi variant:
[Youtube video]
Today I captured some pics of a delivery ready car. Want to share in forum for readers:

image1: interior-
1.Empty slot for infotainment system.
2.AC controls are similar to older model.
3.single and large speedometer.
4.Gear knob and steering wheel finish is simple.
5. and obviously, push start button and steering mounted controls are absent.

image2: Driver door:
1. being a base variant, all 4 doors have manual glass operation.
2. ORVM settings are manual.
3. Silver finish is not available.

image3: Major exterior observations
1. Additional turn indicator on body since ORVMs dont have indicators.
2. Black ORVMs.
3. Black door handle
4. B pillar is body colored and in metallic finish
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0109.jpg  

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0110.jpg  

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0116.jpg  

Moto_mo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 21:21   #962
Senior - BHPian

The Lxi variant look so sad. They can't even provide a set of proper full wheel covers inspite of a 50 k hike over the earlier model.
Old 26th February 2018, 23:34   #963
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Lxi variant look so sad. They can't even provide a set of proper full wheel covers inspite of a 50 k hike over the earlier model
It's a 30k hike, and you will get dual airbags and ABS as standard.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 23:44   #964
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Lxi variant look so sad. They can't even provide a set of proper full wheel covers inspite of a 50 k hike over the earlier model.
The design shows its age in this version whereas the Z variants manage to look jazzy even after a decade of similar designs.

Maruti should really consider giving black pillars and wheel caps as standard on the Swift. Very basic stuff that wouldn't cost much, but would go a long way in keeping the brand Swift alive.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 19:03   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift Hybrid being considered for India launch. Maruti Suzuki could launch the car in India as a stop-gap measure before full-electrification.

Suzuki has 3 types of 'Hybrids' and not clear which will be made available for India.

1. Swift globally has a strong hybrid which is available in Europe and Japan. The hybrid unit involves an electric motor assisting the petrol engine during acceleration, thus lowering fuel consumption and tail pipe emissions by a small extent.
The petrol hybrid version of the Swift delivers a claimed mileage of 32 km per litre.

2. Swift Range Extender - the motor is only driving and the engine is only charging the battery so it runs the motor. The prime mover is the motor.The range extender can be plugged in and also charged.

Quote:
The Range Extender has three driving modes – hybrid, parallel hybrid and pure electric. In hybrid mode the petrol engine charges the electric motor, in the parallel hybrid mode the electric motor and the small petrol engine work in together and in electric mode just the electric power is used. The Lithium-ion battery pack, which take 90 mins to fully charge, delivers a mileage of 25kms. The Range Extender gives a mileage of 48km per litre.

3. The current Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki (SHVS).

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th February 2018 at 19:05.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 21:42   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It's a 30k hike, and you will get dual airbags and ABS as standard.
Please cross check your information. The difference in on road price is around the 60 k mark at least in Chennai. Yes dual airbags + ABS should not add more than 20k since its being mass produced and not an optional extra as was the case earlier. In fact my friend was looking at the Z variant in petrol guise.
Old 28th February 2018, 22:26   #967
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone got a chance to drive AGS version? Does this have the head jerk during shifting in high speed drive? AGS is supposed to better than previous generation AMTs. Not sure how good it is. I am waiting for couple of weeks now, but the dealer, in Bangalore, I checked does not have AGS for test drive.

Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 23:32   #968
Senior - BHPian

When is the TBHP review of the new Swift going live?
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 00:32   #969
BHPian

I have got Apollo Alnac 4gs on my Swift Zxi. I have no idea how good or bad are these tyres. How do I proceed with a change if I want to upgrade/swap it with something better?
Old 1st March 2018, 00:41   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I have got Apollo Alnac 4gs on my Swift Zxi. I have no idea how good or bad are these tyres. How do I proceed with a change if I want to upgrade/swap it with something better?
They are decent tyres. I have them as OE tyres in my Baleno and no issues till date. But I have seen few other owners facing issues like sidewall bubbles.

If you are looking for more grip, comfort, lesser tyre noise etc. Please get better tyres like Michelin or Continental.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 11:56   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I have these tyres on my Vitara Brezza and apart from a bit less grip and a bit more noise at higher speeds they are fine but one thing I have faced is that they get punctured easily and I am facing flat tyre issue quite often with these and my Ciaz's Apollo Assurance tyres that were also stock tyres.

You can switch to Bridgestone tyres if you don't want to spend that much on tyres, I have had a very good experience with them only had to change them 3 times in the 3,50,000 kms that my 2008 Verna ran.
kush812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 12:27   #972
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Remember the punch dialogue of Rajnikanth? -
Naan late-aah vanthalum, latest-aah varuven (Even if I come late, I'll be the latest). Team-BHP reviews same suit.
Old 1st March 2018, 13:39   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Probably the first niggle reported on this thread.

Planning to get it checked with the dealership in a couple of days.
Any update on the fix? Hopefully it wasn't too much of a problem.

On another note, finally saw a Swift on the road here in Chennai. Looks like deliveries have started, albeit slowly.
Old 1st March 2018, 15:17   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I have started writing actually. Its a red ZXI+. But I am a bit afraid! posting a first review and that too of a legendary machine.
Any recommendations or standard template to follow?
Moto_mo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 15:27   #975
BHPian

My brother-in-law took delivery of a White ZXI+ last Saturday.The odometer has crossed 700KM so far and I was at the wheel for more than 500KM out of it. Few observations (I drive the Figo1.5D, to put things in perspective!):
> Ride quality is good. The 185/65R15 tyres ensure that the light weight car absorbs undulations on the road pretty well. We've switched to Michelin XM2s (Stock tyres were Apollo Alnacs) & that has smoothened the ride further.
> Handling is more than decent as well. But, sometimes, I felt the car needed to be a bit more planted. Maybe the light weight is causing me to think like that!
> I haven't crossed the 3 figure mark in speed so far (run-in period). So can't really comment about high speed manners.
> Gear lever is butter smooth and light to operate. And the throws are short as well.
> I am not able to make any judgments about the pick up part. I am used to the torquey Figo Diesel. But it has enough grunt in higher gears. Driving is pleasurable in higher gears.I think this part will improve once the car is properly run-in.
> The alloy wheel size is 15*5.5J
> Quality of plastics in the interiors is par for the segment. Certain areas leave room for improvement though(eg. The plastic casing around the hand brake is not sturdy )
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180224_133711457.jpg  

Last edited by espraveen : 1st March 2018 at 15:33.
espraveen is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks