Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2018, 09:35   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Probably the number of bookings is why i haven't got any contact from my Maruti dealer, Khivraj Motors Chennai despite paying in full for the car more than a fortnight back. I have no clue when i'm going to get my car and no update from Maruti or the dealer either.
Why would you pay full pay upfront without having any guarantee on delivery of your car ?? The dealer will always be the crook , you should have done PDI of your car and only then paid the amount . Anyways i hope you get your car ASAP.
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 13:28   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Probably the number of bookings is why i haven't got any contact from my Maruti dealer, Khivraj Motors Chennai despite paying in full for the car more than a fortnight back. I have no clue when i'm going to get my car and no update from Maruti or the dealer either.
Fingers crossed that it comes soon! I'm sure its nail biting and frustrating waiting for it, even more so without any feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Booked mine on Jan 28th. Got a call this week that it has come Hopefully will take delivery in a day or two. 4-6 weeks that "My Car" Pune had promised
Congrats on the new car!!! Might I ask what variant/colour you booked?
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 19:47   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new car!!! Might I ask what variant/colour you booked?
Solid Fire Red Vxi ...
Old 14th March 2018, 00:17   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Why would you pay full pay upfront without having any guarantee on delivery of your car ?? The dealer will always be the crook , you should have done PDI of your car and only then paid the amount . Anyways i hope you get your car ASAP.
Thanks. This isn't the first Suzuki car i'm purchasing from this dealer and they have given me a four week delivery window and i'm keeping my old exchange car till delivery. I'm not aspersing anything but just anxious to get my new Swift and having got no specific delivery details from dealer yet so i vented. Hopefully like before they will deliver the car we have booked as soon as possible and to our satisfaction.
Old 14th March 2018, 01:08   #995
BHPian

Thinking of buying a hatchback so went ahead with the TD of the new Swift.
The variant I drove was Zxi+. The interiors and exteriors have already been discussed so I would go straight to the driving dynamics.
The car’s handling did not inspire confidence at all which is surprising since I have heard a lot about the previous gen Swift’s handling.
The same was shared by my father who also did not feel “in control “ of the car. The ride quality was good the bumps definitely did not upset the passengers as much as they did in Baleno RS but out on the highway I was not confident and didn’t even exceed 80kmph in the Swift.
The steering was way too light, I mean it’s good for parking and all but out on the highway you wish if it had a bit more feel to it. I was really disappointed as I do like the looks of the car but after TD I gotta it a couple of times I might not book it.
Any members who have had similar TD experience?
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 14:52   #996
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift Could Get 6-Speed Gearbox

Maruti Suzuki is reported to move towards using a new 6-speed gearbox in popular models like the Maruti Suzuki Swift in the near future

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-su...x-soon-1823756
Old 14th March 2018, 14:57   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Thinking of buying a hatchback so went ahead with the TD of the new Swift.
The variant I drove was Zxi+. The interiors and exteriors have already been discussed so I would go straight to the driving dynamics.
The car's handling did not inspire confidence at all which is surprising since I have heard a lot about the previous gen Swift's handling......

I had a similar experience when I test drove the same petrol variant. I mean the car did not really handle well at all and there was no confidence whatsoever to test high speeds. The steering was too light and disappointing. This is not the swift we know for sure.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st March 2018 at 16:22. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 17:58   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
This might help you out. Just write what you feel, it will be great Good luck!

Thanks for encouraging me ROG_AK! I have tried my best and written a detailed review of my new Swift.
Find it here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-zxi.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
...The same was shared by my father who also did not feel “in control “ of the car. The ride quality was good the bumps definitely did not upset the passengers as much as they did in Baleno RS but out on the highway I was not confident and didn’t even exceed 80kmph in the Swift.
The steering was way too light, I mean it’s good for parking and all but out on the highway you wish if it had a bit more feel to it. I was really disappointed as I do like the looks of the car but after TD I gotta it a couple of times I might not book it.
Any members who have had similar TD experience?
Its an ownership experience! I have heard so much about the 'rev friendliness' of the car. I was expecting it to be KTM RC/duke like rev friendliness. But it is Honda unicorn like rev friendly. I have driven my ZXI+ almost 550kms. If I compare this driving with any Zoomcar's diesel Swift driving, then I must admit that, I feel more confident in Zoomcar's last gen swift at 110-120kmph.
Moto_mo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 23:11   #999
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-com...parison-407646

Quote:
One of the USPs of the Swift has been its fun-to-drive nature. But giving in to user demand, Maruti has now made the power steering really light to make it effortless to twirl in traffic and change lanes. This, however, means that the feel and feedback that owners loved so much in the earlier car is missing. Its suspension is now a lot nicer with a very absorbent ride. It rounds up rough sections really well, and although there is a bit of stiffness at low speeds, the ride remains flat and composed once you go faster. Then there’s the handling which isn’t as go-kart-like as before; so those looking for an even sportier drive will be disappointed. However, it’s still fairly sporty to drive and will please keen drivers on winding sections of the road. The lack of feedback from the steering is a disappointment, but the steering is quick and accurate and the car has a nice sense of balance in corners. There’s a fair amount of grip and the Swift likes going from one corner to the next.
This above excerpt from Autocar comparo seems to be in line with what bhpians are experiencing during test drive. I think it might have surely lost the zing to make it appeal even more to its target audience.

Or is it done intentionally to leave enough room for Swift Sport/RS?
Old 15th March 2018, 12:15   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Fit and finish of the exterior is average at the best. I am not mentioning the overall look of the car as that is subjective. I am not sure how the market will respond to this car in long term, once initial enthusiasm is over.
Well, I take back my words , according to IAB, the overall booking of Swift has exceeded 75000 units. The new gen Swift is more than successful on its debut and ready to carry the legacy of earlier generation Swift's success !

https://indianautosblog.com/2018/03/...0-units-300822

Man, where are the competitors; watching from sidelines ?
Old 15th March 2018, 13:06   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Well, I take back my words , according to IAB, the overall booking of Swift has exceeded 75000 units. The new gen Swift is more than successful on its debut and ready to carry the legacy of earlier generation Swift's success !

https://indianautosblog.com/2018/03/...0-units-300822

Man, where are the competitors; watching from sidelines ?
I am not surprised. There is no company that works so hard at understanding what the Indian customer wants and gives it to them. And they don't continue giving the same thing. They change with their buyers as well. The biggest issue in the service industry in India is trust and unreliability. From the get go, Maruti addressed this. The systems in their service stations are awesome. Recently I visited a service center for servicing my RS and they even have timers on each bay. Even at a 50% compliance it is far ahead of the competition. It's not just service too. Their block busters in the recent past Baleno, Brezza, Dzire and the Swift reflect this almost fanatic desire to understand what their customer desires.

The current Swift is a no brainer. While the enthusiast side of me has a few reservations about handling and such, the family man side of me sees a product that has more ticks than crosses. And with the research showing that majority of first buyers are now shopping in this segment it is a run away success.

The competition IMO is divided into two. One half that does not work as hard to understand the customer and their pecking order reflects that. The other half who believe in dictating to the customer what the customer should want.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 15th March 2018 at 13:07.
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 17:58   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

2018 Swift is already in the cab segment!!

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-20180316_144344.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 01:03   #1003
BANNED

Source: https://m.economictimes.com/industry...w/63337949.cms

New Swift booking touches the 90k mark now!

31% bookings are for the top end while 50% are for the middle variants.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th March 2018 at 01:13.
Old 17th March 2018, 01:54   #1004
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove New Swift 1.3 DDIS :
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20180315_103204_hht.jpg
1. NVH : Felt better than other Maruti cars with 75 HP MJD.

2. Turbo lag : Maruti has done good job. The lag is not bothersome.

3. Mid range (1500-3000 RPM) : This is the performance zone of this engine. Pick up is sufficient for Indian roads, won't call it addictive.

4. Top end (above 3000 RPM) : I observed that the engine revvs nicely. It is best to shift before 4000 RPM.

5. 0-100 : ~13 seconds (based on speedo). I did not take video, asked SA to time using stop watch.

6. Brakes : Rotors and pads looked same as my Baleno. I did not get to test braking under high speeds. It felt good enough on normal driving.

7. Handling : I LOVE it!!. Swift is so much fun, it's very agile on corners. Steering is also spot on. Get a good set of tyres and everything is sorted .

8. Ride quality : I did not find it as stiff as older Swift. Rear is softer than old Swift. I would say it's still on stiffer side.

Overall I am happy with the car. I did not get chance to drive petrol Swift.

Which one would I pick : Petrol or Diesel?

1. If the car stays stock : Petrol
2. If there are plans to mod, Diesel it is! Remap, exhaust and intake mods should bump the power to more than 100 HP easily .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 17th March 2018 at 02:10.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 10:20   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's latest blockbuster 'SWIFT' gallops to reaching the 100,000 mark on bookings , now at 90,000+. Milestone of 1 lakh bookings expected to cross in a week's time.

Report indicates, one Swift hatchback is being booked almost every minute, and the company will be able to generate business of close to $1 billion from this model in just 60-65 days of bookings being opened

- 31% of the bookings for Swift are for its top-end variant, while more than 50% bookings are for the mid-trim version.

Balancing production between Baleno and Swift has become a headache for Maruti Suzuki. Baleno numbers could be scarified to churning out Swifts.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th March 2018 at 10:31.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks