Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 20:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyers get Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Beats me at times how same strategy by different manufacturers attract different reactions here in the forum.
Don't forget the massive discounts (close to the price cut) offered by Maruti just before the revision.

Ford did nothing of that sort and I don't think they would do anything like this as well for those who bought their cars this year.

Maruti has gone up in my estimation. Truly taking care of their customers.
Old 18th March 2016, 20:55   #32
BHPian

Re: Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyers get Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warran

Congratulations!! all the S-cross owners. On top of a already awesome car the refunds are an icing on the cake.

That is an excellent move by Maruti. That is how you build a great brand.

There are expectations that Ford should/may do that for Ecosport customers also. I seriously doubt that. Ford is an already struggling brand in India.

Taking the ethics discussion forward, Ford has won the worlds most ethical company award many a times. Although, Personally I am skeptical of some of these awards as I have witnessed some rigging on some occasions, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that all awards are rigged as that would be a dishonor to all the amazing genuine talent out there.
Old 18th March 2016, 21:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

There are major differences between the two.
Maruti is battling for market share while Ford is battling for SURVIVAL.
Also Maruti has refunded 45% of price hike as rest would be with Govt as taxes.

If someone gives assurance about two things Ford would also do that :
a) Cut-off date applicable for refund.
b) Surety that buyers before that cut-off date won't go to court claiming injustice.
Quote:
Beats me at times how same strategy by different manufacturers attract different reactions here in the forum.
Old 18th March 2016, 21:15   #34
BHPian

Hats off. Simply outstanding. Yet another demonstration of why Maruti means 'excellence in customer service'. Hope they did the same with Kizashi buyers.
This sets a whole new bold trend for other manufacturers to follow. Having been a fan of European cars for last few years, this move from Maruti has made me to re-join the Maruti club again.
Old 18th March 2016, 22:14   #35
BHPian

Good Move by Maruti!

Though it sounds a bit funny. It's like Maruti saying "We ripped you of your money by selling you a product that was actually not worth the price. We wanted to rip many but the plan didn't work err. so have some of it back, so that we can get rid of this pending stock and get the production line rolling."
kaushal21fb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 23:18   #36
BHPian

For the Inazuma and now for the S-Cross. Runs in their genes.

They deserve an appreciation though.
Old 18th March 2016, 23:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes, rightly said.
I wish to know the opinion of other BHPians regarding this.
At the same time, when I gave my wife's A-Star A/T for servicing the executive told that Maruti makes sure Kizashi's parts are available or even if they have to get them from Japan, they make sure that the spare parts arrive very very quickly. If thats true, then I must say that explains why Maruti is No.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Hope they did the same with Kizashi buyers.
Old 19th March 2016, 00:57   #38
BHPian

This is real good gesture from MS. They surely know how to maintain the customer’s trust even after an initial bad move; one of the many reasons why they've occupied the top spot for all these years.
Old 19th March 2016, 06:41   #39
BHPian

The reasons for this exemplary move could be

1. This car is the first one came out of Maruti's huge premium initiative NEXA. They didn't want an impression to exist in the market that the early birds are dealt with a raw deal
2. The financial impact was less, as the price correction happened within 3 months and the customers to be given this refund is limited. (Mainly 1.6 owners)
3. The goodwill it generates among the customers and prospective customers is tremendous.
4. Management really admits that the pricing strategy was totally wrong and it's a good move to correct the strategy and in the process give solace to the early trusted customers
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 06:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

What a superb gesture from Maruti! What did Honda do when they dropped the price of old Jazz by 1.75 lakhs? Nothing! And as far as I know Ford also did nothing (and looks like they don't have any plans either) when they dropped the price of Ecosport by 1+ lakhs. Kudos to Maruti! This is truly putting the customer above anything else... will go a long way to win the hearts and minds of existing and new customers!
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 07:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
When Maruti announced price cuts on the S-Cross- Many of us in team Bhp frowned on them, and empathized with the limited number of early bird buyers. Maruti has now redeemed themselves by offering the excess money back to those owners.

Ford reduced Ecosport prices by over a lakh and almost everyone here applauds this move. Don't think they would ever offer anything like this to the multitude of Ecosport owners out there. But looks like no one has complaints.

Ford has cut price because of competition and Maruti did because they corrected the steep pricing of S Cross when they launched.
LandCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 07:49   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Ford has cut price because of competition and Maruti did because they corrected the steep pricing of S Cross when they launched.
I agree with LandCruiser.
If any price correction because of market forces warrants compensating the existing customers, then there will not be an end to it. Manufacturers cannot survive those scenarios.

Maruti's move was a good one, but expecting the same approach from all others is a little unjustified.

Maruti initiated this move as the price correction was not by competition, rather it was a wrong pricing strategy from their end and that resulted in a fiasco

Last edited by Sree73 : 19th March 2016 at 08:01.
Old 19th March 2016, 09:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has always been a step ahead in customer friendly practices, this move takes it to a different league altogether.

Excellent way to earn customer loyalty.
Old 19th March 2016, 09:10   #44
BHPian

1 lakh discounts were running on 1.6 within 2 months of launch. Back of the hand calculations gives me a maximum of 500 customers (a very optimistic figure itself) who might have bought 1.6 during that period without any discounts. So a maximum of 5 crore cash outflow for the company which is doing very very good. And the customer goodwill - Priceless.
Old 19th March 2016, 09:52   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Good stuff from a market leader who really did not need to take such a step. I still remember the heartburn with huge price cut on the original Honda Jazz.

In fact one reason why even the price cut did not hugely resuscitate sales was that potential buyers kept thinking what if Honda does it AGAIN?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks