Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 12:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyers get Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warran

Got my maintenance package 20000km/2years. Really good gesture from MSIL. Price difference for 1.3 alpha is 20k (post budget) only. Still a good deal ..
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 13:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyers get Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warran

I haven't got anything from MUL so far, tried checking with my RM, who failed to pick my call for the last 3 days. So not sure, if it is for all customers who got before the price revision or only for the customers who got it before some time frame - (Nov 2015 maybe ?)

Any one how got the S Cross is Dec here ? Can you confirm pls ?
Old 21st March 2016, 14:09   #63
BHPian

Last week, got my maintenance package worth 20000km/2years for S-cross 1.3. My car delivery was on Aug 15.
Old 21st March 2016, 17:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Got my maintenance package 20000km/2years. Really good gesture from MSIL. Price difference for 1.3 alpha is 20k (post budget) only. Still a good deal ..
@sandygordon: I had purchased the Extended Warranty when I purchased my car on 31st August. Any idea what would happen in my case?
Old 24th March 2016, 18:56   #65
BHPian

Maruti has set a good example to all companies. Every automaker must follow this.
Old 24th March 2016, 23:56   #66

This is certainly a goodwill gesture. It will increase the loyalty of customers with Maruti Suzuki.

Most of the automobile companies will not be in a position to refund the money due to price drop in their products. What is working in favor of Maruti here is the total number of sales of S-Cross is not huge ~15000 and also the product was priced at premium initially. So Maruti is paying out the money which was more than their actual profit margin.

I personally feel Maruti is brilliant with this move! No wonder Maruti is able to retain No.1 spot in the Indian car market.
Old 28th March 2016, 14:14   #67

I have received my extended warranty/maintenance package worth 20000km/2years for S-cross 1.3. My car delivery was on Sep 15. I had already taken both the Extended Warranty and the Maruthi Cost Protect Plan for 80000 kms. When I went to the service personal, they were never aware of this voucher nor could they answer how they will compensate me. They have written to Maruti about it and am currently waiting for the reply
Old 14th April 2016, 15:05   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Meet Malde drops this disappointing email . Has Maruti gone mad? Random selection?

Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty-cflaf5kuaaa5oj9.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 15:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Has Maruti gone mad? Random selection?
I always had some weird funny feeling that this wasn't anything more than a gimmick or an eye-washer.
Seems like its actually some sort of a Conspiracy now!! :dead horse

I really wonder at times if its the marketing team who mess up the 'Fine Lines' or it the media who are to blame here.

If it had to be a random selection, they could have as well offered a lottery ticket to the earliest 1.6 S-Cross owners !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 14th April 2016 at 15:29.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 15:47   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Meet Malde drops this disappointing email . Has Maruti gone mad? Random selection?
Upon asking, it seems Meet's car was a 1.3.

Random selection makes NO sense from anyones point of view. Wonder if the "random selection" part applies for the 1.6 too ?

Hope it isn't a case of Maruti cherry-picking some "social influencers" to "randomly" give refunds to...

On the other hand, Maruti has made no public mention of this anywhere. Is there something special about samrata's case?

Has anyone else received a refund?

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2016 at 16:07.
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:46   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Upon asking, it seems Meet's car was a 1.3.

Random selection makes NO sense from anyones point of view. Wonder if the "random selection" part applies for the 1.6 too ?

Hope it isn't a case of Maruti cherry-picking some "social influencers" to "randomly" give refunds to...

On the other hand, Maruti has made no public mention of this anywhere. Is there something special about samrata's case?

Has anyone else received a refund?
I booked S cross 1.3 Zeta yesterday. I just had a casual talk with my RM regarding refund by maruti. He was clueless about it.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 22:12   #72
BHPian

Even I received the letter for the maintenance package for my 1.3 S-Cross purchased in Sept'15. Havent found time to visit Nexa and redeem it. Not even sure how it works since I already have the Nexa extended warranty.

Random selection seems strange. I am sure there has to be some criteria like invoiced upto a certain date or something (since I am in no manner influential)

Will keep all of you posted once I get some clarity from my RM at Nexa.
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 21:16   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Even I received the letter for the maintenance package for my 1.3 S-Cross purchased in Sept'15. Havent found time to visit Nexa and redeem it. Not even sure how it works since I already have the Nexa extended warranty.
Extended warranty and maintenance package is different. Maintenance package covers all service costs for a particular period.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 15:43   #74
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

"Random selection" wording is dumb for sure, but is possibly used as a kind of legal protection. Can be specific to models or prior to a specific purchase date or even purchase location but surely not Random.

Next we will have them saying introductory pricing is only applicable for random buyers.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 16:55   #75
BHPian

Last week visited Nexa and got my MCP redeemed. Its basically a a few common maintenance items that will be covered free by the dealer during servicing for 2 years. Strangely this is a contract with the dealer (not Maruti) and covers servicing at only specific dealer locations. Also the invoicing is done by the dealer and the items covered may be dealer specific.

I have shown the items covered under my contract below. As per the invoice the MCP value is Rs. 10K. It's really not a big deal, but something's better than nothing. Please inform me in case the items covered /MCP value differs for other S-Cross 1.3 owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty-img_5758.jpg  

Djay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed