Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:03   #31
BHPian

re: Honda to discontinue Mobilio in India? EDIT: Removed from Honda's website

“No plan to discontinue Honda Mobilio”, says company.
In an email interaction, Honda Cars India denied rumors of the Honda Mobilio’s discontinuation in the country due to the arrival of the Honda BR-V 7-seater crossover in the middle of 2016.
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/h...ontinue-225648
Ponbaarathi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 14:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
In an email interaction, Honda Cars India denied rumors of the Honda Mobilio’s discontinuation in the country due to the arrival of the Honda BR-V 7-seater crossover in the middle of 2016.
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/h...ontinue-225648
So what exactly are they planning? A minor facelift, dropped pricing or adding auto? maybe all 3? MPV vs SUV? A bit confusing, but all will depend on BR-V's launch and pricing.
Old 24th March 2016, 15:16   #33
BHPian

If Honda is not dropping Mobilio, I would then expect them to price BR-V at least 1 lakh more on a variant-to-variant basis than the Mobilio. Honda does not have more manufacturing capability in India, I guess its capped at 20K per month.
Old 24th March 2016, 21:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Honda should drop the price of the Mobilio and keep it at par or slightly cheaper than the ertiga, which is always how it should have been. Then the BRV can be positioned against the duster. But I'm not sure how the Indian consumer is going to react to a so called SUV which is so close to the Mobilio in terms of looks.. My feeling is that the Indian consumer is not going to just lap up the BRV just because it has better interiors and some aesthetic elements of a SUV.
Old 28th March 2016, 20:34   #35
BHPian

Good riddance I would agree.
Mibilio is a compromised vehicle from inception.
A kind of me too car, never expected Honda would even launch such a car,, Don't understand why manufacturers bring in such short term oriented and unviable products...

I feel Maruti also should stop Omni, a pretty dangerous vehicle.
Old 30th August 2016, 18:39   #36

The only way for the Mobilio to stay Viable is a face lift and a price cut, maybe use the GST as the reason and reduce prices. They have done price cuts with the Jazz no reason why they cant admit they erred and correct it.

The Mobilio itself is a good car to drive and easy to maintain, one area Honda erred was the plain interiors right out of the Brio , maybe a new model could make amends
Old 9th December 2016, 06:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

We were told yesterday that the production for Mobilio has been stopped & they "MAY" get one from old stock. Left us in disbelief!! I still think they're trying to push BR-V instead.

Worst being they said, BR-V is replacement for Mobilio!! They though, I should be some special kind of stupid to believe that!!
Old 9th December 2016, 08:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Mobilio rattles worse than a Matador. Is there no solution for this?
Old 4th July 2017, 16:59   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like Honda Cars India has silently pulled the plug on the Mobilio's production.

The car is no longer listed on the official website.

Honda to discontinue Mobilio in India? EDIT: Removed from Honda's website-untitled.jpg

Honda to discontinue Mobilio in India? EDIT: Removed from Honda's website-untitled2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 12:06   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda to discontinue Mobilio in India? EDIT: Removed from Honda's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Shows that the PR folk of car companies are as trustworthy as used car salesmen. The Mobilio (along with the Civic Hybrid) has to have had the shortest life of a Honda product in India.

I still insist it was a good MPV. Only the pricing & cheap cost-cutting needed corrections. Fundamentally, it was top class and could have been fighting the Ertiga tooth & nail.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 12:50   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Shows that the PR folk of car companies are as trustworthy as used car salesmen. The Mobilio (along with the Civic Hybrid) has to have had the shortest life of a Honda product in India.
I still insist it was a good MPV. Only the pricing & cheap cost-cutting needed corrections. Fundamentally, it was top class and could have been fighting the Ertiga tooth & nail.
GTO,
That statement from PR was from March 2016, more than an year has gone by and I think there are too many products on Honda India's portfolio and they might not have the resources to concentrate on this many products. I think it's a good decision to drop laggards and give more attention to the better performers rather than get stretched . I feel Brio also needs to be taken out.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 14:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

I can't say that this is "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish" as the Mobilio was a pretty nice car. Honda were stingy in not offering a good interior design and were greedy in pricing it way above the Ertiga.

With the BR-V, I think it made no sense to update and sell the Mobilio unless they were willing to drop the price.

This move shouldn't really pose in any problem to long term users as the car shares parts with the BR-V.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 16:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
GTO,
I feel Brio also needs to be taken out.
Going by the sales - maybe.

But going by the way the car drives - hell no !
Out of the 4 hatchbacks in my house (the other 3 being WagonR, i10 and Eon), it is the most engaging one to drive and easily has one of the best driving dynamics in the small hatchback segment.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed