Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 08:59   #151
BHPian

re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

And the European Captur scores 5 Stars and the Brazilian one score 4 and any guess for the Indian rating?
I think we cannot predict safety rating of an Indian model from their Brazillian/European counterparts. It was not long before Duster failed in NCAP test here just because it's airbag size here was smaller than one they used in Latin NCAP.
WhiteFang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 11:32   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
I think we cannot predict safety rating of an Indian model from their Brazillian/European counterparts. It was not long before Duster failed in NCAP test here just because it's airbag size here was smaller than one they used in Latin NCAP.
Agree 100%. There is no point in talking about Brazilian Captur in Indian Kaptur thread. These are two different vehicles. Even if it's a 'International' Kaptur we know how manufacturers like Suzuki and Renault compromise on safety on made for India vehicles.
searacer932 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 22:50   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Agree 100%.... Even if it's a 'International' Kaptur we know how manufacturers like Suzuki and Renault compromise on safety on made for India vehicles.
So much for prestigious 'Make in India'. Its just so very open secret that quality takes a back seat if its Made for India. Pathetic. Heck, even a Coke in India has lot worse quality than that sold in the US. Hope this Bharath NCAP would bring some change in the mindset of manufacturers.
Old 16th June 2017, 11:55   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kaptur (name ?) India unveiling in August; deliveries from October.

Quote:
For the Indian market, it’s expected to be offered with both petrol and diesel engines taken from the Duster. The 1.6-litre petrol engine churns out maximum power of 102 bhp at 5,750 rpm and maximum torque of 145 Nm at 3,750 rpm and the K9K 1.5-litre diesel motor will produce 108 bhp and 248 Nm of torque.

Expect the transmission offering to have a six-speed manual as standard and a six-speed Easy-R AMT recently launched on the 110 PS variant of the Duster
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th June 2017 at 11:57.
Old 16th June 2017, 12:17   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
With the current NCAP score as also the bad reputation for safety, Renault might quietly discontinue the Duster. A new one is waiting in the wings aborad anyway
I agree that Duster has long been in tooth. But, off late the new interest by Renault to launch the Petrol , CVT combo is a sign that Duster will be here to stay. They want to shakeoff their title of a "1-wonder-product' company.

Incidentally, while on a service visit at Ford, I encountered a Renault Quality team delegation from France, who wanted to check out the dealership. Probably they have the Ecosport in sights for Kaptur.
Old 18th June 2017, 19:53   #156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
....... Hope this Bharath NCAP would bring some change in the mindset of manufacturers.
Amen! I hope so too, tho' with our abysmal record regarding the value of human life (instances are too numerous in too many fields to even attempt an evaluation) I feel B-NCAP will go the way of all flesh.
Old 20th June 2017, 09:48   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault's introduces CVT for C(K)aptur in Brazil with the 1.6L engine, starting at R$ 84.900 ( ~INR 16.7 lakhs).

The XTronic CVT arrives at R $6,000 more than the Zen 1.6 manual (R $78,900)

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona1.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona10.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona33.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona32.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona43.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona48.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona51.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona62.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona65.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona77.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturintenseavaliaona78.jpg

link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 18:25   #158
BHPian

Renault Captur prototype spotted with a Hyundai Creta

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-captur-1.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-captur-2.jpg

Source: IAB
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 18:26   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

An IAB reader has spotted the Renault Kaptur prototype being tested with a Hyundai Creta in tow, possibly as a benchmark car.

Quote:
A torn up portion of the Renault Captur’s camouflage shows a little bit of its body colour, which looks like a shade of brown. Beside that portion, LED daytime running lights and LED fog lights are seen. The rest of the exterior also looks in line with the internationally sold model. The second spy photo gives a glimpse of the interior, revealing a black dashboard and chrome surround on the HVAC vents.
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturrenaultkapturfrontthreequartersspyshotindia.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturrenaultkapturrearthreequartersspyshotindia.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 18:56   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hope the Kaptur poses some kind of competition to the Creta, else its almost a monopoly now!

And I really hope Renault does something different like more features or a fantastic auto box or may be even a starting lower price!

The only thing that I'm apprehensive is about safety since this is based on the Indian Duster which scored just 3 in NCAP in spite of featuring airbags and ABS, possibly due to its build.

Also, my opinion is that the Duster lacks overall refinement and finesse when compared to something like the Creta, so I wish the Kaptur makes up for all these shortcomings of the Duster.
Old 28th June 2017, 22:33   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post

The only thing that I'm apprehensive is about safety since this is based on the Indian Duster which scored just 3 in NCAP in spite of featuring airbags and ABS, possibly due to its build.
The Indian Duster has smaller airbags compared to International market hence the 3 stars in NCAP. IMO This is one of the worst cost cutting measures. I don't expect them to offer anything better in Kaptur.

Hyundai is not far behind. If I remember correctly, they were not even ready to release the kerb weight of Creta.

Unfortunately most of the cars sold here are of substandard quality compared to International models from the same manufacturer.
Old 28th June 2017, 22:33   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
An IAB reader has spotted the Renault Kaptur prototype being tested with a Hyundai Creta in tow, possibly as a benchmark car.]
The cars are in Khoksar. Fascinating to see Renault is testing its car in Ladakh in what is an early season for this region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Also, my opinion is that the Duster lacks overall refinement and finesse when compared to something like the Creta, so I wish the Kaptur makes up for all these shortcomings of the Duster.
From the scoop pics, it seems they're using the exact same dashboard which is a shame because Renault users have been pretty vocal about the poor quality and layout. Besides the Duster made it big on the back of its big, SUV-ish looks. Kaptur appears more futuristic in styling which might not have the same appeal.
Old 8th July 2017, 10:58   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted testing in Leh with a Creta in tow, possibly as a benchmark car, by a Motorbeam reader.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturspiedwithhyundaicreta.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturrear1.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturspottedinleh.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultcapturspiedtesting.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 13:01   #164
BHPian

Given that June was a lull period for auto manufacturers since consumers were delaying their purchase decision for post GST era, I believe Renault should look at launching Kaptur this month or max next month.

This is the perfect time for manufacturers like Renault to introduce a new model and grab as many bookings as possible with deliveries from September or October.

Tata has supposedly decided to do the same with Nexon which makes perfect sense to me
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 22:39   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Naveen Kumar on Facebook spotted this Kaptur test mule in Chennai yesterday.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-19956226_1283654278423621_2563838498936678692_o.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-20024002_1283654255090290_6510531519664213696_o.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks