Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2018, 14:07   #646
BHPian

Re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
As per Mr. Sawhney, they are still in the process of launching the Captur in India and he is still harping on about how the Captur is a "design marvel" and a "stylish SUV"
Very surprised to hear they are "in the process of launching the Captur".Captur has already proved to be a sales dud.

Renault should bring modern and stylish cars because the average Indian has now become very style conscious.

Why have they not thought of bringing the Kadjar for instance?If they would have brought and priced the Kadjar around 16-19L,could have been a smash hit(in my opinion).
joy_swift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:31   #647
BHPian

Update

On Saturday I called up the Senior Sales Manager at Renault Kilpauk, he says the approval papers are yet to be signed by the RTO as they have asked them to run an Ad jingle in local radio stations. Once that is done the RTO would sign the papers.

I found this rather amusing!!

Last edited by sameer sultan : 12th February 2018 at 12:35. Reason: Removed Emoji
Old 12th February 2018, 13:52   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Update

On Saturday I called up the Senior Sales Manager at Renault Kilpauk, he says the approval papers are yet to be signed by the RTO as they have asked them to run an Ad jingle in local radio stations.
Buddy, you have truckloads of patience with Captur booking and delivery. Almost everyone have written it off but you are going all guns to get one, come what may! Wishing you umpteen miles of happiness once you get it!

Quote:
Update

run an Ad jingle in local radio stations. Once that is done the RTO would sign the papers.

I found this rather amusing!!
What a freaky strange reason. Do they actually want to run the Captur Ad or do they want an Ad where they thank RTO for approvals?
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 11:06   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Update

On Saturday I called up the Senior Sales Manager at Renault Kilpauk, he says the approval papers are yet to be signed by the RTO as they have asked them to run an Ad jingle in local radio stations. Once that is done the RTO would sign the papers.I found this rather amusing!!
This is Hilarious...may be we can get RJ Balaji (popular RJ in chennai) to endorse the product at least for RTO's satisfaction. If I were you, would have cancelled my booking long back...wishing you happy miles on this machine..
Old 14th February 2018, 07:39   #650
BHPian

Why so much hatred for the Captur? I had a Duster earlier and now own a Captur. Those who loved Duster will love Captur. It is just a Duster with a better package.

About looks, I think Captur is the first Indian car with Renault's latest design elements. It looks similar to Megane & Kadjar in many aspects.

If Captur fails, Renault will never launch it's big brother Kadjar. They both look very similar from front and sides.

I personally like the car much more than my first generation Duster. Captur has all good aspects of Duster with better interior, build quality and dynamics.

About steering kick back, it was there with Duster, it is with Captur as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-kadjardesktop1.jpg.ximg.full.hero.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2018 at 22:37. Reason: Poorly typed post
anilntny is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th February 2018, 09:56   #651
Senior - BHPian

The hatred is not for the brand but for its careless attitude, first they are selling the Dacia vehicles at a premium price, reliability of the vehicle has been an issue, the most common causes have been failure of injectors, oil leaks, premature wear and tear of clutch and brake pads. If they had launched genuine products nobody would have complained, but trying to fool people with fake ads and utterly mismanaged after sales support backed by frauds at dealership has caused Renault's downfall. The price tag of Rs.15 lakh plus for what they offer is not justified.
deehunk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:14   #652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
It is just a duster with better package.
It would have been better if Renault themselves maintained this stance. And Renault has examples to show that honest and non-pretentious vehicle will sell – Duster’s initial success and Kwid proves that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny
If captur fails, Renault will never launch it's big brother Kadjar.They both looks very similar from front and sides.
Even if Captur become a roaring success, you probably still won’t see the Kadjar. Renault don’t have a single Renault model in their Indian portfolio. At the max, they may look at a slightly bigger crossover based on Dacia platforms and name it as Cadjar.
vb-saan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:18   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Why so much hatred for captur? I had a duster earlier and now owns a captur. Those who loved duster will love captur. It is just a duster with better package.

About looks, I think captur is the first Indian car with Renault's latest design elements.It looks similar to megane & Kadjar in many aspects

About steering kick back, it was there with duster, it is with captur as well.
I did like the Captur for what it offers over duster and found it VFM.
Most of the best sellers in India are terribly overpriced. Just think of the creta , brezza, Innova and the Swift and you know what I am talking about.
The issue in my opinion is - Renault has really botched up the sales and marketing efforts for this car. Also they have not really thought through as to why somebody would buy the Captur over the next generation duster. The net result is that even people who may like the Captur have many reasons not to buy it.
I also don't understand the problem with Dacia that some of our forumers have. I think they make honest cars which are good to drive . Ofcourse If Renault had taken this market seriously, they could have really owned it by upgrading the interiors and selling the duster at Creta prices. That's a problem with the renault leadership

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 14th February 2018 at 11:24.
Old 14th February 2018, 14:34   #654
Senior - BHPian

Dacia is a low cost or budget brand of Renault, what they sell in India are the rebadged Dacia vehicles. Imagine if today VW group buys Suzuki and sells the Wagon-R or Alto K10 for INR 7 lakhs, this is what Renault has done in India.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 16:26   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Dacia is a low cost or budget brand of Renault, what they sell in India are the rebadged Dacia vehicles. Imagine if today VW group buys Suzuki and sells the Wagon-R or Alto K10 for INR 7 lakhs, this is what Renault has done in India.
It is not fully correct. Renault had fluence and Koleos launched in India. Both cars did not do well.

About captur, it is not rebadging work like duster. This car even though uses duster's platform, is a ground up work.It do resemble european captur. This car was launched 1 year back in Russia and Brazil and is doing well in those markets.

In India, Renault's marketing strategies are to be blamed. They launched the car towards the end of year with flop advertisements with film stars. They should have highlighted anywhere to go character of captur, especially with it's class leading 210 mm ground clearance.

I have 5 years of experience with Renault service and cars. I admire their always improving cars and support for old cars. My first generation Duster had too much steering kick back effect.They rectified the same to some extent in subsequent models. Not only that, Renault offered free upgrade of power steering pipe in older cars.

I also had too much roof noise and electrical issues. Renault released update kits and had them installed in older cars for free of cost. They do consider Indian market seriously and I am still happy with my cars.

Last edited by anilntny : 14th February 2018 at 16:28.
Old 14th February 2018, 16:45   #656
BHPian

We, as purists in some form in TBHP, may or may not like a vehicle and it's market success is definitely not indicated by TBHP preferences.

But, for most of us here, it was the unnecessary word play between Kaptur / Captur that started this whole distrust thing. That was just slime-ball Renault at it's worst. And when called out, they even stooped another level to be dismissive about it.

For what it's worth, the car may be good. But, for the majority of Indians, the brand matters more than the car (ask Maruti and Skoda). The whole Nissan - Renault - Dacia venture could have done a LOT more than what they are doing right now (Kwid - superhero edition - seriously?).

Purely in terms of the cars aspect, from what I've read about it's capabilities, it has zero differentiation with it's peers. Just another also-ran in the crowded mid-segment pseudo-SUV. Which means the brand has to work overtime to compensate for the car itself. Which then means we are going to continue to see shoddy sales religiously followed through by equally shoddy after sales support.

Captur - 376 / Duster - 863 - January sales. This itself tells the story.
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 16:59   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately most of the vehicles sold in our country fall in this category.
I will take a re-branded Dacia over the locally made Brezza any day
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 17:43   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Technically incorrect I'd say Renault acquiring Dacia, a practically dead company, was a strategic decision to tap in to growing markets and expand the brand. Renault didn't simply re-badge pre-merger Dacias and sell it as Renaults, rather they invested billions of dollars in the low cost brand to make the brand name stay relevant with times and gave them all the access to the Renault and Nissan technologies. Agree that the pricing that they followed in India should have been a little more realistic. But then slashing prices when competition gets tough is not always a right strategy.

I'm a big fan of Carlos Ghosn and his adventures. The alliance is the biggest carmaker in the world now beating Volkswagen.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 18:53   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Unfortunately most of the vehicles sold in our country fall in this category.
I will take a re-branded Dacia over the locally made Brezza any day
Renault was found cheating Indian market with smaller airbags on Indian Duster, no clarification given even after getting caught. Buying a car is purely individual choice, creating awareness has got nothing to do with targeting a brand.
The reason for their flop show is pricing, it is better to reduce the price rather than sell cars with heavy discounts through out the year. I see them fading away like GM who too showed indifferent attitude for Indian market.

Last edited by deehunk : 14th February 2018 at 19:03.
Old 14th February 2018, 19:17   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Renault was found cheating Indian market with smaller airbags on Indian Duster, no clarification given even after getting caught. Buying a car is purely individual choice, creating awareness has got nothing to do with targeting a brand.
The reason for their flop show is pricing, it is better to reduce the price rather than sell cars with heavy discounts through out the year. I see them fading away like GM who too showed indifferent attitude for Indian market.
But, Renault India proved it's mettle by designing and building an exclusive car for India, the kwid.

G.M never had a "kwid" like product.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks