Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:34   #691
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A Maruti Suzuki Captur sold via NEXA would have worked brilliantly.
I disagree. For one, we have to remember that Maruti has had a long list of failures too (including the Celerio diesel, A-Star, Baleno sedan, Versa, Kizashi etc.); the only difference is, the company has carried out 'rest-in-peace' ceremonies on a lot of its failures. It's a misnomer that anything with a Maruti badge on it will sell.

That said, of course, the Captur would have sold a little better with Maruti's backing, but it wouldn't be a success at all. I did a highway trip in it and was very unimpressed. Even though I'm not a fan of the Creta due to its boring nature, as an enthusiast, I'd buy the Creta over the Captur.

Maruti would have also priced it better. The difference between the top-end Captur & Creta is merely 50k, and some XUV500 variants are also in the vicinity.

Lastly, if Maruti had to be selling the Captur, they would have done a better job with the final product. There are too many loose ends with the Captur in terms of engineering, fit & finish, steering behaviour etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
They were some anti-social elements who came to convey a message that I can be sued in the court if I keep writing on social media.
Next time, back it up with proof (service invoices, pics etc.) and put up a new thread on Team-BHP. We'll see who sues you. And if someone does, we'll support you in whatever way we can.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd February 2018 at 10:37.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:12   #692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I disagree. For one, we have to remember that Maruti has had a long list of failures too (including the Celerio diesel, A-Star, Baleno sedan, Versa, Kizashi etc.); the only difference is, the company has carried out 'rest-in-peace' ceremonies on a lot of its failures. It's a misnomer that anything with a Maruti badge on it will sell.

That said, of course, the Captur would have sold a little better with Maruti's backing, but it wouldn't be a success at all.
Agreed. SCross 1.6 in that list of failures too.

But my point was not with respect to the Maruti Suzuki badge, but when compared to the current SCross 1.3. Captur does seem to come across as a more competent product. Something that fits their premium aspirations for NEXA.

PS - Probably that's only the impressions from the outside since none of the media will speak about the loose ends you mention below, till the Team Bhp review comes out. In current reviews and pics posted - I've somehow got the impression that it's better off than SCross, but not close to Creta.

Quote:
Maruti would have also priced it better.

Lastly, if Maruti had to be selling the Captur, they would have done a better job with the final product.
Agreed. Waiting for the review in detail.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd February 2018 at 11:13.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:54   #693
Senior - BHPian

Problem with Renault to me is wrong selection of products. Barring Duster and Kwid, all other cars are a big flop. Even after mediocre success of SCross which comes from Maruti, Renault went ahead and launched Captur that did not look (or Scream) SUV! I was at Renault service center getting my Kwid serviced and was having look at all their cars at showroom. There were 3 dusters, 1 Lodgy and 3 Kwid getting delivered. The Demo Captur was standing alone with no prospective buyers around it. The Duster Sandstorm on the other hand had at least 3-4 prospective buyer looking into.

And below conversation happened in front of me:

SA: Sir, why don't you go for Captur, it’s more luxurious, newer and has more features.
Buyer: But it’s not an SUV!
SA: Sir, its underpinnings are same as duster and has all benefits of SUV!
Buyer: Ok, but it’s not an SUV. You give me details on Duster else I will walk away.
Helpless look on SA's face said it all.

Add to this, their service is quite poor(atleast the service center I visit). Any job other than oil change , filter change- the car won't be delivered the same day no matter how small the job is. I have to book via phone first, then give my details at reception and after 20-30 min SA will attend my car. All through my visits I never had SA assigned to me before 30 min!

Last edited by PrideRed : 23rd February 2018 at 12:07.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:09   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The difference between the top-end Captur & Creta is merely 50k, and some XUV500 variants are also in the vicinity.

Next time, back it up with proof (service invoices, pics etc.) and put up a new thread on Team-BHP. We'll see who sues you. And if someone does, we'll support you in whatever way we can.
This is the real problem, XUV500 and Hexa are in the vicinity, they may be 7-seater but can influence a buyer's decision. The series of bad incidents started when the after-sales Manager skipped the first meeting with a vague excuse, the dealer trying to investigate the issues unofficially, did not even acknowledge my complaints officially and finally letting my vehicle out of the dealership without a gate pass too.

I don't agree that S-Cross was a failure, it was a failed strategy with a good product unlike the Captur.

Last edited by deehunk : 23rd February 2018 at 12:21.
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:05   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Even though I'm not a fan of the Creta due to its boring nature, as an enthusiast, I'd buy the Creta over the Captur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But my point was not with respect to the Maruti Suzuki badge, but when compared to the current SCross 1.3. Captur does seem to come across as a more competent product. Something that fits their premium aspirations for NEXA.
That was my impression too about the Captur too . In fact my personal rating for the cars based on my observation/comments of other BHPians are given below.

Interiors (Front) - Creta >> Scross >> Captur >> Duster. - Advantage Creta due to better look and feel of the Console/ICE, higher seating position.
Interiors (Back) - Scross >> Creta >> Captur >> Duster - Advantage Scross because of higher set rear seats, airy feel and better under thigh support.
Engine - Creta >> Captur = Duster >> Scross. Creta has the best engine no doubt in terms of refinement & power. Thought Captur was next.
Handling/RideBalance- Captur>>Duster>>Scross>>Creta
Braking - Scross>>Captur=Duster>>Creta - Based on the official scross review.
Safety - Scross >> Creta >> Captur >> Duster - Advantage Scross since it has 5 stars in Latin NCAP versus the 4 stars of others here.
VFM - Scross >> Captur >> Duster >> Creta. For 11.4 lakhs OTR you get a Scross Zeta with all essentials.

Waiting for the Captur official review to get more detailed information. @ GTO and CrazyDriver - Any quickthoughts on the above comparo will also be much appreciated.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 23rd February 2018 at 13:10.
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:26   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Safety - Scross >> Creta >> Captur >> Duster - Advantage Scross since it has 5 stars in Latin NCAP versus the 4 stars of others here.
A small correction there. I don’t think the S-Cross had any Latin NCAP results; it scored well on ASEAN and Euro NCAP, but the variants are fully loaded with all safety assist features. They have omitted almost all of those for the Indian version. On paper, the Creta top end has the clear advantage when it comes to safety.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:54   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
A small correction there. I don’t think the S-Cross had any Latin NCAP results; it scored well on ASEAN and Euro NCAP, but the variants are fully loaded with all safety assist features. They have omitted almost all of those for the Indian version. On paper, the Creta top end has the clear advantage when it comes to safety.
Thanks for the call out ! it's a good point.

Euro NCAP is reputed to have the toughest set of rules among all the NCAP orgs. Scross scored a 5 star there.Hence i think it is fair to extrapolate that the scross is safer than Creta as long as we are talking variants with 2 airbags for both cars.

I agree that you would be better off in a Creta top end in case of a side impact since that variant has 6 airbags.
Old 27th February 2018, 18:59   #698
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
We, as purists in some form in TBHP, may or may.....it has zero differentiation with it's peers. Just another also-ran in the crowded mid-segment pseudo-SUV. Which means the brand has to work overtime to compensate for the car itself. Which then means we are going to continue to see shoddy sales religiously followed through by equally shoddy after sales support.
Captur - 376 / Duster - 863 - January sales. This itself tells the story.
Succinctly put - just another also ran! In the mid 60's/70's (I have to keep reminding myself that I am 66) at the start of the Japanese onslaught (watches, cameras, cars...) the US big three were tying themselves in knots, trying to wean the American buyers away from the Corollas & the Z240s - to no avail. The result was that Japan almost brought the US car industry to its knees. The market was besotted with Japanese reliability (not ruggedness or durability, mind you!).

Maruti, with its 800, did the same here in India. We were accustomed to the Amby's column shift-gear lever coming off in one's hands (as happened in my friend's Mark III), and for us the 800 was a revelation, with its incredible never-say-die reliability. In the short three & a half decades since the 800's advent, we not only take reliability for granted (read 'discerning & savvy car ownership'), we are today right up there in the mfr's club too. Our market is still going through the learning curve, but we are already well on the way to separating the wheat from the chaff!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 20:46   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Thanks for the call out ! it's a good point.

Euro NCAP is reputed to have the toughest set of rules among all the NCAP orgs. Scross scored a 5 star there.Hence i think it is fair to extrapolate that the scross is safer than Creta as long as we are talking variants with 2 airbags for both cars.

I agree that you would be better off in a Creta top end in case of a side impact since that variant has 6 airbags.

But Euro NCAP never tested India made S-Cross and neither the India made Creta! If my memory serves me right it was Latin NCAP that tested the Creta in its top end variant. I do not think Creta or S-Cross would be that different when it comes to crash results, if any I would think the Indian Creta would fare slightly better.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd March 2018 at 10:37. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 27th February 2018, 23:01   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I do not think Creta or S-Cross would be that different when it comes to crash results, if any I would think the Indian Creta would fare slightly better.
What is basis of saying this?

The kerb weight of the indian made Creta and scross are not really different from the ones outside India. So I don't think they would be very different in terms of structural integrity from the ones sold outside India. Of-course I think the Creta sold outside india has some basic features like 4 disc brakes which Hyundai has decided to skip for India.
Old 3rd March 2018, 07:22   #701
BHPian

I took delivery of my Renault Captur RXE Petrol last evening. About 2 months and 10 days after the booking!

I plan to upgrade the tires to 17" with alloy wheels fix a reverse parking sensor and change the head lights to white to match with the DRL's.

Attaching few pictures.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520041795.261512.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520041831.981175.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520041870.266135.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520041899.830621.jpg
sameer sultan is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 10:08   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I took delivery of my Renault Captur RXE Petrol last evening. About 2 months and 10 days after the booking!

I plan to upgrade the tires to 17" with alloy wheels fix a reverse parking sensor and change the head lights to white to match with the DRL's.
Congratulations on your new purchase. Did you get any discounts on the car? How is the pick up considering it's a petrol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Problem with Renault to me is wrong selection of products. Barring Duster and Kwid, all other cars are a big flop. Even after mediocre success of SCross which comes from Maruti, Renault went ahead and launched Captur that did not look (or Scream) SUV! I was at Renault service center getting my Kwid serviced and was having look at all their cars at showroom. There were 3 dusters, 1 Lodgy and 3 Kwid getting delivered. The Demo Captur was standing alone with no prospective buyers around it. The Duster Sandstorm on the other hand had at least 3-4 prospective buyer looking into.

...I have to book via phone first, then give my details at reception and after 20-30 min SA will attend my car. All through my visits I never had SA assigned to me before 30 min!
That's quite sad to hear with respect to SA getting assigned. Toyota is indeed a class part with respect to service. Have been receiving great service from Toyota for the past 8 years now.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid quoting the entire post, as it may inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thanks. Additionally, please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post. Avoid posting consecutively. Please read the Announcements thoroughly before proceeding!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd March 2018 at 10:37. Reason: trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 3rd March 2018, 17:51   #703
BHPian

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

@The Hurrricane thank you for the wishes. Yes I negotiated some discounts since they delayed the delivery by more than 45 days.

I got dual tone finish at the dealers cost. ₹10000/- off on insurance premium and another ₹5000/- less was invoiced from what the actual quote was at the time of booking. For obvious reasons I did not ask why they had invoiced ₹5000/- less!!

I was driving a Cruze for the past 8 years which was a rocket with its 2 litre diesel not many cars can match that so I find the pick up in the Captur not that fast this is strictly in comparison to the Cruze.

Last edited by sameer sultan : 3rd March 2018 at 17:54.
Old 6th March 2018, 18:38   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Captur's fate is sealed.

Rejected by the masses, Renault should accept its folly and bring the next Gen Duster in 2019.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-ren.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th March 2018 at 18:39.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 19:20   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Congrats on your new ride. It really looks cool. Please post some pictures of the interiors too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks