Team-BHP - New Mini Clubman - India launch scheduled for late 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Mini Clubman - India launch scheduled for late 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/174356-new-mini-clubman-india-launch-scheduled-late-2016-a.html)

After revealing the Clubman in July last year, Mini is gearing up to launch the car in India as well. BMW India is expanding the range of Mini models available to cater to more lifestyle buyers. The company recently launched the Cooper S Convertible in the country and like it, the Clubman is based on BMW's UKL platform.

Like the rest of Mini's range, the Clubman holds the brand name ironically. Length x width x height x wheelbase dimensions of the Clubman come in at 4,253 mm x 1,800 mm x 1,441 mm x 2,670 mm.

Mini is likely to launch the new Clubman with 2.0L diesel and petrol engines:

- The petrol Cooper S Clubman gets a 1,998 cc, 4-cylinder petrol engine that makes 189 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 280 Nm of torque @ 1,250 rpm (300 Nm with overboost). 0-100 kph comes up in a claimed 7.2 seconds with the car's top speed rated at 228 kph.

- The Cooper D Clubman gets a 1,955cc, 4-cylinder diesel engine that makes 147.5 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 330 Nm of torque @ 1,750 rpm. 0-100 kph comes up in a claimed 8.6 seconds with the top speed rated at 212 kph.

Standard features include Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC), and front / side / curtain airbags. The Clubman's list of customizations will be expansive and of course, expensive.

Source: IAB

New Mini Clubman - India launch scheduled for late 2016-1.jpg

Not a Mini, but a great looking car! And this time they got proper doors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3937280)
Standard features include Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC), and front / side / curtain airbags. The Clubman's list of customizations will be expansive and of course, expensive.

I think it will also have the 8-speed ZF gearbox as standard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3937294)
Not a Mini, but a great looking car! And this time they got proper doors.

I think it will also have the 8-speed ZF gearbox as standard.

It will be the 8 speed Aisin seen in the X1. ZF 8 speed only works on RWD drivetrains with longitudinally mounted engines.

Between the Mini Cooper 5-Door and the Clubman, things will get that much more difficult for the buyer. As I'm aware the 5-Door can be had for the price of something in the early 40 lakhs, before discounts of course. The Clubman will be at least 8-10 lakhs more expensive.

For the everyday drive in India, the Cooper 3 Door or 5 Door variants will be perfect, having driven the 5-Door I can say I simply loved the way the steering is designed, the ignition system and the overall tech, quirky yet compact and easy to drive. Clubman will be a good alternative for those looking for ultimate brand recognition with a little more storage and rear seat practicality, unique styling and a great drive, way better than say its sibling X1 or its peers.

Mini costs a bomb, but in my view Mini > BMW/Merc/Audi. Its in a league of its own and is an experience to behold for someone not familiar with it. What I loved about it is due to its compactness, it takes little time to get adjusted to the car and the driver layout is very user friendly as well. They really have to localize Mini and make them more accessible price-wise.

Mini has now brought in the Clubman for homologation, just in time for the expected late-2016 launch. A single unit of the Cooper S Clubman has been imported.

New Mini Clubman - India launch scheduled for late 2016-capture.jpg

Quote:

- The petrol Cooper S Clubman gets a 1,998 cc, 4-cylinder petrol engine that makes 189 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 280 Nm of torque @ 1,250 rpm (300 Nm with overboost). 0-100 kph comes up in a claimed 7.2 seconds with the car's top speed rated at 228 kph.
New Mini Clubman - India launch scheduled for late 2016-miniclubman2016102413.jpg

Source: Zauba

Mini will be launching the new Clubman in India on December 15, 2016. It is expected to come with 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines.

Link to Team-BHP News

The Mini Clubman has been launched in India at Rs. 37.9 lakh. Please continue the discussion on the new thread.