Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2016, 12:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India

The Range Rover Evoque convertible was revealed globally in November last year and Jaguar Land Rover stated that the model would go on sale from mid-2016 in over 170 markets worldwide. The convertible Evoque has now been spotted in India wearing UK registration plates.

Being transported on a flatbed, this particular car is the petrol variant. In the UK, the Evoque convertible is available with two, 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder engines. The petrol Si4 variant makes 237 BHP and 340 Nm of torque, while the diesel TD4 makes 177 BHP and 430 Nm of torque. Both engines send their grunt to all-four wheels via a 9-speed automatic gearbox.

The Range Rover Evoque convertible is likely to be available only in the HSE Dynamic grade in India. The Evoque convertible gets a black soft top that stows in a claimed 18 seconds and can be raised in 21 seconds at speeds of up to 48 kph. The convertible has a 251-litre boot, and features a new 10.2-inch touchscreen display with Jaguar Land Rover's InControl Touch Pro infotainment system, that offers smartphone integration, door-to-door navigation and 3G connectivity.

The interior design has been carried forward from the standard car. For added safety, the SUV gets a roll-over protection device that features deployable roll-over bars hidden in the rear bodywork - two aluminium bars are deployed within 90 milliseconds, should the vehicle topple over.

The Evoque convertible is produced at Land Rover's Halewood plant in the UK, alongside the five door and coupe body styles.

Images courtesy: IAB

Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India-1.jpg

Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India-2.jpg

Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India-3.jpg
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 12:20   #2
BHPian

Re: Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India

The rear roof line does not look much impressive. The evogue is the most cramped of the RRs when it comes to space, this roof line would make it more cramped...
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 00:41   #3
BHPian

The registration number of the flat bed truck TN25 belongs to Thiruvannamalai, Tamilnadu.

The building in the background is Prestige Shantiniketan at KR Puram, Whitefield, Bangalore.
rubicon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 09:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The registration number of the flat bed truck TN25 belongs to Thiruvannamalai, Tamilnadu.

The building in the background is Prestige Shantiniketan at KR Puram, Whitefield, Bangalore.
Might be enroute to Tata Elxsi for testing
Old 24th May 2016, 23:42   #5
BHPian

Well well, it was doing rounds today and I couldn't grab good shots, however a couple of em here Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India-1464113507798.jpg

Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India-1464113529545.jpg
bhansali_hardik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 18:03   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

A single unit of the Range Rover Evoque convertible has been imported into India for homologation purposes, indicating that an official launch might be nearing.

The Evoque convertible in question is equipped with a 2.0L, Si4 petrol engine mated to an automatic transmission with 4WD option, and is a HSE Dynamic variant.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Spotted [probably the same] Phoenix Orange the Evoque convertible in my office campus in Bangalore. Apparently, there is TCS office operating from my campus. I was out for a tea and THIS made my day!

The car had a camouflaged front bumper and spotted a white number plate.

Range Rover Evoque convertible spied in India-img20160922wa0019-copy.jpg

Last edited by man_of_steel : 22nd September 2016 at 19:18.
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:51   #8
BHPian

Is it just me or does this look somewhat ugly? I believe there are very few SUV's out there that can actually look good in the convertible avatar.

I am sure this will turn heads but not for the right reasons. People won't look at this and think - "Wow! That's quite a car". Rather they'd be thinking - "What were they thinking?"

But then again, I could be completely wrong and this might sell pretty well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks