Team-BHP - Power minister wants India to become 100% e-vehicle nation by 2030
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Power minister wants India to become 100% e-vehicle nation by 2030 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/174448-power-minister-wants-india-become-100-e-vehicle-nation-2030-a-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4663126)
Another ambitious statement from the Minister:

Link

Lots of fashionable statements from the government without so much as a plan or even a rationale.

Meanwhile I would strongly encourage proponents of electric vehicles to think outside the battery box and look at the progress made in Scandinavia.

ehighway

All the arm-twist for Electric vehicles from policy makers ?

Mukesh Ambani Plans to Manufacture Batteries for Electric Vehicles

The business tycoon is also planning to develop commercially viable fuel cells too.

Quote:

In a presentation of the O2C (Oil to Chemical) business of the company, Reliance Industries claimed that it has plans to turn into a net carbon zero company by 2035. Right now, the company is looking to produce an optimal mix of affordable, clean and reliable energy and storage system. Reliance Industries is planning to develop hydrogen fuel cells, batteries, solar and wind energy generation setups exclusively in the near future. They are aiming to push the transition to the hydrogen-based economy and are planning to make a portfolio of advanced and speciality materials

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 5019029)

The business tycoon is also planning to develop commercially viable fuel cells too.

All this time I thought why is the big man sleeping when it comes to EV.

Apparently not. I was sleeping :D

Final call for the lazy Japanese gang ! Pull up your socks or forget India .
FCEV or BEV eventually everything is basically an EV , if you are not ready yet or still stubborn you will be forgotten.

Hyundai has already came up with its 3rd gen of EV globally , Mahindra is waiting to launch their next generation EVs , Tata motors readying their next generation EV , Chinese invading on another side, OLA will offer more affordable EV scooter soon backed by Indian business giants. Interesting days ahead !

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueIndia (Post 5019086)
Final call for the lazy Japanese gang ! --

Coming soon!!

Toyota X Prologue Teaser Possibly Announces New Zero-Emissions Electric SUV.

Power minister wants India to become 100% e-vehicle nation by 2030-capture.jpg

Another salvo from the Minister:

Quote:

OEMs should discourage diesel vehicle sales and focus on alternate fuels
Quote:

looking at gradual ethanol blending of 20% by 2025. I am looking forward to e20-compatible vehicles, without compromise on environment and am committed to deliver flex-engine vehicles. We need to accept the successful example of Brazil in ethanol – this will benefit farmers, environment and the country.
Quote:

The ministry is exploring prospects of hydrogen and fuel cell. Green hydrogen is the fuel of future – we need to explore its production, storage and transport. I invite ideas to use green hydrogen for long-range vehicles – trains and aviation. We are planning a policy to promote hydrogen as a energy source instead of coal. We need to prioritise our import substitute for fuel

Link