Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 20:09   #31

Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Good job Hyundai. Way to go.

I always remember telling people who wanted a 5 seater AT to go for the city instead of the Creta as price difference between the two were too high. The City might have the petrol engine and might be less fuel efficient in the city, but your spending won't close that big difference in OTR prices you pay for both the cars.

Not really (in the congested urban traffic.) I've heard city owners gettin 9.5-10.5 kmpl depending on the urban driving conditions. Considering the BR-V will be heavier, it'll be the same figure if not lesser.

I second the thought that City still rules for 5 seater AT and CVT is the cherry on the cake.
However, I would also like to point out, the FE on CVT on the worst of the traffic that I have faced in Delhi, hasn't gone below 12. On an average day it's 15 - 16. Mine is a 3 weeks old VX CVT Petrol and I spent a lot of time deciding between Creta (Diesel AT back then) and City. Even with this update of Petrol AT coming in, I am not repenting my decision.
jugz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 11:08   #32
BHPian

I have booked a Hyundai Creta Petrol SX+ and would love to upgrade to an automatic version of the same. I went to Himgiri Hyundai to confirm if an automatic version of the car was being launched but they told me that while they had heard murmurs of the same, there is no official word out yet.
Old 13th April 2016, 18:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
I went to Himgiri Hyundai to confirm if an automatic version of the car was being launched but they told me that while they had heard murmurs of the same, there is no official word out yet.
Definitely not rumours, check this out on the Hyundai Creta website itself. The timelines / prices are not confirmed yet.

Source : http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...IP/index.html#
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant-creta-variants.jpg  

Old 13th April 2016, 20:11   #34
BHPian

Wonder what such a silent/hurried Launch is needed for? Just to keep the customers interest away from competitor products for some time, till all details are revealed?

No Dealer in NCR has any clue on pricing or availability

I went to convert the Diesel A/T booking (which is scheduled to be delivered next month) to a Petrol A/T and in spite of what would have been the first supposed booking of the Petrol A/T at the dealership, was quoted a waiting period of 3 months
Old 14th April 2016, 04:50   #35
BHPian

With no clue about the pricing, one of the dealer I checked with in Bangalore has already quoted minimum 4 months waiting period for the S+ Variant..
Old 19th April 2016, 16:32   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

IAB reports that Hyundai has quietly launched the Creta Petrol Automatic at INR 13.48 Lakhs (Ex-showroom Mumbai). The Petrol AT is only available in the SX+ grade. The SX+ petrol automatic variant is INR 1.61 Lakhs less expensive than its diesel counterpart and is ~1.1L more expensive than the Manual Petrol SX+.

Also makes it 3-3.5L more expensive than the Ecosport AT. 2.3L more than the Verna AT, 2L more than the Vento TSI and 1L more than the Honda City VX CVT. Also more expensive than the Vento Rapid/Diesel DSG and ~30K cheaper than the Duster AMT.

Quite pricey in my opinion. But a welcome option for folks who don't mind paying a premium for the Creta and have limited usage. Hyundai have not revealed the ARAI rating for the Petrol AT. The Petrol MT ARAI is ~15. So expecting ~13 for the AT.

Source: IAB

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th April 2016 at 16:49.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 16:39   #37
BHPian

I have Just confirmed from Himgiri Hyundai that Hyundai has also changed the 16 inch alloys on the SX+ version with the 17 inch diamond cut alloys for the automatic version and the leather steering wrap will be factory fitted as well. This sweetens up the deal a bit.

Just sent a mail to the brand manager for updation of my booking and I have been told that after confirmation, delivery will be made earliest by June.
Zero Cool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 17:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

I had an interesting conversation with a sales exec from Elroy Hyundai Delhi. He assumed i was looking for Creta Diesel automatic so promptly said, "Sir, 2 months waiting".

Moment I said i am interested in the petrol automatic he was like "Petrol!! but that is at least three months waiting. You should go for diesel, it is far superior, better resale, better average blah blah...."

I coolly said, Ok, no problems, I will buy something else instead. All of a sudden, his voice dropped a few notches (almost like a conspiracy) and said, "Sir, are you looking for finance?"

I said no

He said"if you make full payment of car, i can give you a petrol version in 12 days!! any colour."

I was curious, so I said, sure, i will ask my company to issue PO tomorrow. He said, "But i want full payment, PO payments take time."

so i asked him what difference does it make since PO is guaranteed payment. He said, "if we get full payment, we will divert a car allotted to someone else, to you".

I retorted, "but you said petrol AT has three months wait because dispatches will start end May?"

he had no answer....simply mumbled, "Please make full payment, we will arrange car".

Dunno what scam these dealers are running, but i simply said no thanks and have gone and booked a Vento TSI instead.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 26th April 2016 at 17:54.
himanshugoswami is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 10:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I had an interesting conversation with a sales exec from Elroy Hyundai Delhi. He assumed i was looking for Creta Diesel automatic so promptly said, "Sir, 2 months waiting".

Moment I said i am interested in the petrol automatic he was like "Petrol!! but that is at least three months waiting. You should go for diesel, it is far superior, better resale, better average blah blah...."

I coolly said, Ok, no problems, I will buy something else instead. All of a sudden, his voice dropped a few notches (almost like a conspiracy) and said, "Sir, are you looking for finance?"

I said no

He said"if you make full payment of car, i can give you a petrol version in 12 days!! any colour."

I was curious, so I said, sure, i will ask my company to issue PO tomorrow. He said, "But i want full payment, PO payments take time."

so i asked him what difference does it make since PO is guaranteed payment. He said, "if we get full payment, we will divert a car allotted to someone else, to you".

I retorted, "but you said petrol AT has three months wait because dispatches will start end May?"

he had no answer....simply mumbled, "Please make full payment, we will arrange car".

Dunno what scam these dealers are running, but i simply said no thanks and have gone and booked a Vento TSI instead.

This is common practice (More like malpractice) by all dealers. They often pass over someone else's car to you if you can make a prompt payment.
Old 9th May 2016, 23:35   #40
BHPian

Petrol AT top end variant Thane OTR price is 14.95 lacs inclusive of all costs and extended warranty. The dealer forces you to take insurance from them and if you deny, you are told as a company policy we cannot sell the car to you. I'm more amused when a friend who asked for a test drive was told, we dont have the AT for TD, why not ride the manual and decide, it's the same!

The attitude of the staff is beyond rude and extremely high headed after the success of the car.

Last edited by Karan1981 : 9th May 2016 at 23:40. Reason: Missed adding the variant
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 17:58   #41
BHPian

Hyundai has started delivery of the Petrol Automatic variant and its shocking that so far we haven't had a review or even pictures from anyone on the new model. IMO, even Team BHP should do a test drive of the same and give us the review.
Zero Cool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 22:22   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Hyundai has started delivery of the Petrol Automatic variant and its shocking that so far we haven't had a review or even pictures from anyone on the new model. IMO, even Team BHP should do a test drive of the same and give us the review.
A member has already posted a review and has crossed 1000kms in his Creta Petrol AT:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3974161
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 01:01   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai has quietly launched the Creta S+ 1.6L CRDi AT at Rs 13.56 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Compared to the 1.6L CRDi SX+ AT which is priced almost a lakh above, the 1.6L S+ AT loses out on diamond-cut alloys, projector headlamps + LED positioning lamps + cornering lamps, chrome exteriors, automatic climate control, smart key + push button start, electrically foldable ORVMs, and a rear washer/wiper.

Quote:
Now the pricing of the S+ AT’s have been revealed, and the car is available for booking in several metro cities across the country. It gets around two months of waiting period.

The car is available at ex showroom prices of Rs. 13.99 lakhs (Kolkata), Rs. 14.27 lakhs (Mumbai), Rs. 13.78 lakhs (Chennai), and Rs. 13.76 lakhs (Bengaluru).

The Creta S+ AT is directly positioned against the rival Renault Duster AMT variant, priced at Rs. 13.13 lakhs (ex showroom, Delhi).
GaadiWaadi
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:30   #44
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Creta Petrol AT report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Hyundai still reluctant to introduce AT in SX(O) trim (either Petrol or Diesel). Is it because it would overlap with soon to be launched Tucson variant? I think Petrol SX(O) AT should be less than Diesel SX(O) Manual.

Last edited by GTO : 26th August 2016 at 17:16. Reason: Linking to review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks