Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2016, 01:26   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant

Mod Note: Our Creta Petrol AT report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Hyundai is planning to launch petrol automatic for Creta .. No timelines yet though..
The Hyundai Creta website now lists 1.6 Petrol Dual VTVT with AT in SX+ trim. The price list is yet to be updated.

It seems that all variants now get Driver & Passenger airbags and ABS with EBD as standard. Additionally, the AT variants come with R17 'Diamond cut' Alloys as seen in the top most SX(O).

For low mileage users, the SX+ AT Petrol with its child seat mounts, powerfold mirrors, rear view camera and the super looking alloys is a very welcome addition.

Last edited by GTO : 26th August 2016 at 17:14. Reason: Adding link to review :)
Yeldo is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 08:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta petrol SX+, 1.6 diesel S+ variants to get automatic transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
The Hyundai Creta website now lists 1.6 Petrol Dual VTVT with AT in SX+ trim. The price list is yet to be updated.

It seems that all variants now get Driver & Passenger airbags and ABS with EBD as standard. Additionally, the AT variants come with R17 'Diamond cut' Alloys as seen in the top most SX(O).
Nice catch. I see the brochure has been updated. The manual petrol SX+ is ~11.8 Ex Showroom. So adding the 1L premium for the AT, we are looking at close to 13L Ex Showroom for the Petrol AT. Still expensive but a very good choice to have. From the brochure, the diamond cut alloys and a couple of things from the leather pack seem to have made it to the AT.

Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant-screenshot_20160403082758.png

Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant-screenshot_20160403082140.png

Since they have the price leeway with the petrol, an SX(O) AT would be nice.
Rajeevraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 08:44   #3
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Also, it looks like Hyundai has added an option of the S+ AT for the 1.6 diesel, duster effect I suppose. A nice alternative for those looking for a diesel AT in the C-2 segment, but don't want to pay XUV level prices for their car.
This variant will be priced at around 13 lakh mark and will match the pricing of the Duster AMT. Still making it a better alternative IMO.

Last edited by AYP : 3rd April 2016 at 09:13.
AYP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 09:31   #4
BHPian

Great news for those of us who prefer Petrol+AT combination.

I've currently booked Petrol SX+ (manual) and expecting delivery in a month or so. While introduction of AT doesn't make any difference to me individually, since I prefer MT anyway, I wonder if introduction of SX(O) trim on Petrol is also around the corner in which case, I would prefer to wait

Any news, anyone pls
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 10:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Also, it looks like Hyundai has added an option of the S+ AT for the 1.6 diesel, duster effect I suppose.
Yes. I did not notice it at first. But the S+ does not seem to be well equipped for a Hyundai- no autofold mirrors, no rear wiper, etc. Instead of S+ AT, Hyundai could have offered SX(O) AT, which I feel would attract a lot of buyers even at XUV prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu77 View Post
G I wonder if introduction of SX(O) trim on Petrol is also around the corner ... Any news, ...
Last month, the lady at our local dealership told me that the petrol AT would come in top of the line SX(O) AT only. But we now have SX+ AT in petrol and S+ AT in Diesel. Might be that Hyundai responded to Duster AMT and wanted to concentrate on the lower end where the Brezza is breathing down on Creta's neck.
Yeldo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 10:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Also, it looks like Hyundai has added an option of the S+ AT for the 1.6 diesel, duster effect I suppose. A nice alternative for those looking for a diesel AT in the C-2 segment, but don't want to pay XUV level prices for their car.
This variant will be priced at around 13 lakh mark and will match the pricing of the Duster AMT. Still making it a better alternative IMO.
Quote:
Yes. I did not notice it at first. But the S+ does not seem to be well equipped for a Hyundai- no autofold mirrors, no rear wiper, etc. Instead of S+ AT, Hyundai could have offered SX(O) AT, which I feel would attract a lot of buyers even at XUV prices.

The website now indicates diesel AT as available in all variants starting from S+ including SX(O). Hope they are not doing some website testing . Brilliant move if true.

Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant-screenshot_20160403103500.png

Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant-screenshot_20160403103511.png

An SX(O) AT based on the current price differential will be approx 15.5 L Ex Showroom hence putting it almost exactly on par with XUV W8 AT. Looks like Hyundai is confident enough about the Creta to take on the XUV.

A little strange that we see website updates before an official announcement. Hope it's not all a mistake.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 3rd April 2016 at 10:51.
Rajeevraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 10:48   #7
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Truly, an excellent news if true. Other than the duster effect, I also think that now, as people have warmed upto the Creta's price, Hyundai seems to have recognised the potential of the SX (O) AT and has gone ahead with its launch.
However, I wonder why didn't they introduce the petrol SX (O).

Last edited by AYP : 3rd April 2016 at 10:49.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The website now indicates diesel AT as available in all variants starting from S+ including SX(O). Hope they are not doing some website testing

A little strange that we see website updates before an official announcement. Hope it's not all a mistake.
I cannot see it? It is still S+ and SX+ only in Diesel AT. I am accessing the site from my laptop, not sure whether the mobile site is different.

Anyway, the brochure lists AT in only SX+ petrol S+ and SX+ Diesel. So that is the final deal, I presume.

Hyundai have a habit of updating the website even before official announcement. It happened with MY16 Elite i20 also.

Last edited by Yeldo : 3rd April 2016 at 12:02.
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:10   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I cannot see it? It is still S+ and SX+ only in Diesel AT. I am accessing the site from my laptop, not sure whether the mobile site is different.

Anyway, the brochure lists AT in only SX+ petrol S+ and SX+ Diesel. So that is the final deal, I presume.
Interestingly yes. Not visible in the desktop site. Only seen in the mobile site under the Features--> Engine Trim and Plan. Must be lack of requirements clarity to the mobile developer .
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:15   #10
BHPian

Really good move for Petrol AT. Maybe they want to be prepared for upcoming Honda BRV which has petrol AT? Interesting to see the prices for these variants!
harishhm74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:17   #11
Team-BHP Support

That petrol AT is a very smart move. Not everyone wants a diesel and a large majority are OK with petrol as they want a city runabout which wont clock a lot of kms.

The creta had a huge disparity between the petrol and diesel. Looking at the prices the petrol sx+ AT should be 13 lakhs ex showroom.

At that pricing it's bang on in troubling the Honda city and has no other competition to speak of.

The petrol Mt had few takers. The automatic should fix that easily.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 18:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The website now indicates diesel AT as available in all variants starting from S+ including SX(O). Hope they are not doing some website testing . Brilliant move if true.

An SX(O) AT based on the current price differential will be approx 15.5 L Ex Showroom hence putting it almost exactly on par with XUV W8 AT. Looks like Hyundai is confident enough about the Creta to take on the XUV.

Interesting. Hyundai is now going to have the SX(O) Auto, priced close to 19 lakhs OTR Bangalore.
So you recon that they are getting ready with the price list of the impending Tucson. Probably the Tucson base will start at around 1.5-2 lakhs above where the Creta top end auto will finish. A good way to push the price of the Tucson up by a couple of lakhs?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 12:51   #13
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Creta Petrol AT is here! Also, diesel AT now in S+ variant

Hyundai Creta petrol SX+, 1.6 diesel S+ variants to get automatic transmission. Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 14:08   #14
RSR
Senior - BHPian

As far as I'm concerned, the biggest positive is the fact that they have now made dual airbags available as standard (in addition to ABS) across the range!

I've been crying myself hoarse about how it was almost criminal on the part of Hyundai to sell the Creta's Base & S variants without even a single airbag.

The Creta now joins its siblings Verna, Elantra & Santa Fe as the Hyundais with standard dual airbags & ABS, plus side & curtain airbags (6 in total) on the respective top variants (Creta, Elantra & Santa Fe top variants also get ESP + TC).

i20 (including Active) is the other Hyundai with standard dual airbags. I hope the i20/Active also get new top variants with side & curtain airbags soon.

However, the safety features & their spread across variants on the Eon, i10, Grand i10 & Xcent is very disappointing, to say the least. They should make amends here ASAP.

I welcome the addition of a petrol AT and a lower variant of the diesel AT to the range!

I want them to introduce more SX(O) variants (petrol MT, petrol AT & diesel AT) and S+ variants (petrol MT & petrol AT) soon.

Last edited by RSR : 4th April 2016 at 14:13.
RSR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 16:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I want them to introduce more SX(O) variants (petrol MT, petrol AT & diesel AT) and S+ variants (petrol MT & petrol AT) soon.
Hyundai's unwillingness to launch AT in top-end trims has been a baffling mystery to me. That's the only reason why I moved to EcoSport AT.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed