Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 23:40   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jaguar XE diesel imported for homologation. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 38.25 lakh

^ However poverty spec that variant is, it's in the ballpark of the 3-Series & C-Class (before discounts). Not bad. I'm sure the classy styling and Jaguar brand are enough to draw some customers in.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 19:03   #17
BHPian

Re: Jaguar XE diesel imported for homologation. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 38.25 lakh

Drove the diesel today, for some reason I'm very disappointed by the 20d Ingenium. Somewhat made me lose confidence in the Jaguar's ingenium, its not close even in comparison to the Ford sourced 240/340 petrol unit which is actually at par the performance that 30i BMW offers (refer 330i GT) whereas is not at par 320d's in terms of performance nor at par the C - Class in terms of refinement and forget the interior space, the rear seats are worse in the segment too.... so the only USP it gets to offer is the Jaguar brand.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 22:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
^ However poverty spec that variant is, it's in the ballpark of the 3-Series & C-Class (before discounts). Not bad. I'm sure the classy styling and Jaguar brand are enough to draw some customers in.
Exactly, and Jaguar's competitors of the relevant Mercs/BMWs have always been priced at a slight premium due to the image and perception of the brand. The only exception to this rule is the ageing XJ, which image and look wise is still a mighty impressive ride!
Old 7th September 2017, 22:16   #19
BHPian

I am in the lookout for sports sedan and choice was between the XE and 3 series. Being a previous owner of 3 series, i am looking for a change in brand. Can anyone shed light on the range of discounts available for XE and 3 series.The sales person cant be trusted. Any information, i can use it to bench mark it so that i can get some discounts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks